PDA

View Full Version : The MINI is gone......

bigcoyote
24th April 2007, 06:07 AM
Hey all,

Some sad news, I traded in my MINI on a new car (not a MINI). I do alot of work for local car dealers and I fell into a great deal on a new 2006 Pontiac GTO ( Holden / Vauxhall Monaro ).

The only engine avail is a 6.0L V8 SFI aluminum, (400 HP [297.9 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 400 lb.-ft. [546.7 N-m] @ 4000 rpm) -- it flys!!:cool:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/467188211_40efc5126f.jpg

Gismo
24th April 2007, 06:12 AM
Drool :p only one wee complaint 8) if only it were black :cool:

BJN
24th April 2007, 06:13 AM
Looks nice, but be very very careful when you get to a bend

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2007, 06:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by BJN

Looks nice, but be very very careful when you get to a bend

In America? PMSL. There are none.:D:D:D

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2007, 06:20 AM
Very nice John.:D

But are you not going to miss your MINI and the social side?:I

Ach, you'll be back in a MINI within the year. Bet ya.:D

A.:D

The Dogfather
24th April 2007, 07:01 AM
Prefer the Vauxhall/Holden front end but as most people will only ever see the back its fine :D

PACMAN
24th April 2007, 07:06 AM
Nice :p You've got the road for it over there <drool>

bigcoyote
24th April 2007, 09:47 AM
My local dealer has 3 left -- 2 black and 1 silver.... I can get you a sweet deal on one - but the shipping might be a bit pricey:D

The one thing I have noticed is it does not corner quite as good as my S , but it makes up for it in the straights:p

I think the factory lists the quater mile at 12.7 seconds @ 110mph ( or something close to that ) -- I tried it last night using 3/4 throttle ( its not broken in yet ) -- I was well over 100mph at the end :)

I have no doubt I will be back in something British ( at least for a runabout ) sometime soon. I have always owned something British ( Austin-Healy, Austin-Mini, Triumph, etc... ).

I'll still be around the forum -- and I will be seeing all of you in Scotland someday :cool:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/467188183_44ee9c1c36.jpg

illegalhunter
24th April 2007, 02:28 PM
Looks awesome ,now you have some boot space.

Big Gordy
24th April 2007, 04:23 PM
quote:now you have some boot space
Or trunk space as they say over the pond:p:D:approve:

zimbo
25th April 2007, 03:43 AM
I would love to have one of them :p but your lucky enough to be in the right place for something like that beast what with your cheap gas prices... :p:D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
25th April 2007, 04:50 AM
Is that rain on the car in the first pic? surley not in AZ. I have family that stay in Mesa and i have witnessed your weather. A windy day is like breathing into a hair dryer!!

Sweeney
25th April 2007, 05:06 AM
Nice, so then... whats getting modified first? New wheels? engine mods etc? :p you've got a 6litre v8 to play with now lots of potential :D

Crombers
25th April 2007, 06:28 AM
Big 'good looking' beast of a thing :approve:.

Just ain't as good looking as a MINI imho ;)

bigcoyote
25th April 2007, 01:55 PM
Believe it or not - it does rain here. Once in a while:p

I bought the car Friday night and then it rained Saturday morning..........ohhh well
:(

I am not sure what is first on the list - I hate to mess with new wheels & tires. But I am looking at some very interesting cold air intakes:D. They also make the tuning chips and flashes for the ECU -- along with a ton of other stuff. According to most people it is very easy to get over 500HP with about $1000 - 1500 in mods.:evil:

Right now I am just trying to get it broke-in - I only have 250 miles on it so far......I need to go on a road trip!!!! :cool:

Scottie
25th April 2007, 04:35 PM
can we have some close up pictures or the car and also the interior.

What is the quality like of the interior like.? As good as british cars.?

I know with my big ugly Jeep Commander it is a mass of plastic but amazingly not a single rattle.:D

do you get the good gas down your way to fill her up with.?

X30YES
27th April 2007, 03:49 AM
That looks the Muts Nuts John !!!!:p;):D

vintageb3
27th April 2007, 04:32 AM
Have a look at the link on John's posts...then you can see bigger pictures Fi...

mark

bigcoyote
27th April 2007, 09:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

can we have some close up pictures or the car and also the interior.

What is the quality like of the interior like.? As good as british cars.?

I know with my big ugly Jeep Commander it is a mass of plastic but amazingly not a single rattle.:D

do you get the good gas down your way to fill her up with.?

OK - got most of the interior photos up on my flickr site -- click the photos link in my sig....

I think the interior is one of the best I have ever seen ( barring Rolls and Aston Martin ).

No rattles yet - lots of leather - 3 tones - Black, Blue and Blue suede --- looks nice!!

Best pump gas around here is 91 octane - not the best.... but add a little booster and its fine:p

:cool:

The Dogfather
30th April 2007, 07:41 AM
The interior is the same as the UK Monaro, the back end of the car is very similar too. I gues when you've got something right you don't change it.