PDA

View Full Version : Reverse instead of 1st ?

creamcooper
24th April 2007, 12:50 AM
OK its probably just me but.....:I

Every time I'm in a hurry I get reverse instead of first gear. It's just that I'm so used to just pushing and shoving up for first and pulling and shoving down for reverse. It's not my fault they moved everything around to give us six gears:mad:

Slowly my brain is beginning to adapt.

dundeered
24th April 2007, 12:55 AM
me too, do it all the time . just takes getting used to

Scottie
24th April 2007, 01:28 AM
nope not yet for me

creamcooper
24th April 2007, 03:34 AM
Ok clever clogs......Don't you just hate smug :D

Promise I'll buck up, getting the wrong gear is very girly after all

KenL
24th April 2007, 05:39 AM
Not me. I think you have to give it a good shove to get it past the reverse gate.

Craig
24th April 2007, 04:02 PM
when jude drives my car she has to make sure she doesn't need to reverse as she can't get it in reverse...:eek:;):D

Stewart
24th April 2007, 09:45 PM
Love it Craig!
I know one Girl to which that would make perfect sense! She would probably be the first to ask “ What would I need to reverse for?”

pamelab21
25th April 2007, 10:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

when jude drives my car she has to make sure she doesn't need to reverse as she can't get it in reverse...:eek:;):D

I have to say though I have a 2004 Cooper S and I find reverse so hard to get that I have to put all my weight into it and my other half laughs at me if hes in the car.I have to position myself just right that it looks like my head and shoulder is about to go through the window. Yes I guess I am a puny girl. :I8)

KenL
26th April 2007, 02:37 AM
Pamela, just give it (not your other half) a good slap!

pamelab21
26th April 2007, 07:36 PM
will do KenL!

beaniboy67
27th April 2007, 12:57 AM
see this thread i started last week

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11761

taking you foot right off the pedal and then putting it back down seems to work sometimes lol

s15gma
1st May 2007, 06:17 PM
I have to say though I have a 2004 Cooper S and I find reverse so hard to get that I have to put all my weight into it and my other half laughs at me if hes in the car.I have to position myself just right that it looks like my head and shoulder is about to go through the window. Yes I guess I am a puny girl. :I8)
[/quote]

Glad it's not just me luvvie!! End up looking a bit special :clown:, as I have to practically dislocate my left shoulder to get enough oomph to move the damn stick!! As weel as hitting right shoulder off window!! All bones and elbows anyway!!

pamelab21
1st May 2007, 07:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by s15gma

Glad it's not just me luvvie!! End up looking a bit special :clown:, as I have to practically dislocate my left shoulder to get enough oomph to move the damn stick!! As weel as hitting right shoulder off window!! All bones and elbows anyway!!
[/quote]

Thank god I am not alone. It looks most attractive doesn't it!

I think the most embarrasing bit though was when my mum sat her behind in it and I asked her to get reverse and she did it without a problem :I