PDA

View Full Version : CANCLE YOUR CREDIT CARDS

Bignorm
23rd April 2007, 07:42 PM
Hi-jacked from another site

Cancel your credit cards before you die
This sounds like as good advice as don’t rent a casket when you die. It's not just the government... Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die. This is priceless, and so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today.

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank:

Family Member: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January."
Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."
Family Member: "Maybe you should turn it over to collections."
Citibank: "Since it is two months past due, it already has been."
Family Member: "So what will they do when they find out she is dead?"
Citibank: "Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!"
Family Member: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"
Citibank: "Excuse me?"
Family Member: "Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?"
Citibank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor."
Supervisor gets on the phone:
Family Member: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."
Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."
Family Member: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"
Citibank: "Are you her lawyer?"
Family Member: "No, I'm her great nephew."
(Lawyer info given)
Citibank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"
Family Member: "Sure." (fax number is given)
After they get the fax:
Citibank: "Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help."
Family Member: "Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don't think she will care."
Citibank: "Well, the late fees and charges do still apply."
Family Member: "Would you like her new billing address?"
Citibank: "That might help."
Family Member: "Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Highway 129, Plot Number 69."
Citibank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"
Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?"

rpn
23rd April 2007, 07:47 PM
:D :D :D

Classic call centre of so call current society! :sleepy:

indigomatt
23rd April 2007, 07:49 PM
:D:D:D

Burple
23rd April 2007, 08:00 PM
Sadly, not surprising, especially considering the amount of stories I've read about people's cats and dogs recieving credit cards, and 'already approved' letters...

Credit card companies.. almost on the same level as Ambulance chasers.. er.. lawyers... and Timeshare call centres...

Pistol_pedro
24th April 2007, 12:13 AM
ha ha nice one... call centres aint that bad tho. but mine aint that bad i sell holidays nothing dodgy :D

Bignorm
24th April 2007, 12:14 AM
oh must be thomas cook id say in larbert if so my mum used to work there

Pistol_pedro
24th April 2007, 12:20 AM
ha ha good one how u guess? how long ago did she work here? ive been there for 3 yrs :(

Bignorm
24th April 2007, 12:22 AM
not that long jeannie redding is her name and i also know linzi graham

Pistol_pedro
24th April 2007, 12:27 AM
ha ha i remember jeannie.. she worked in my department.. hows she gettin on? yea i no linzin she works in the team beside me c her all the time

Bignorm
24th April 2007, 12:31 AM
yeah everyone knew my maw yeah she is getting on fine of what i see her. seen linzi for the first time in a while about 2 weeks ago back at my house for a party well i can vaigly remember her being there lol do you stay in falkirk cant say iv seen the reg going about not up the town or that

Pistol_pedro
24th April 2007, 12:43 AM
ah u will most likely find my car outside bannatynes lol seem to be there.. im either home (grangemouth) at work or at gym all i seem to do.. sucha sad life lol. not seen u about.. where u normally found?

PACMAN
24th April 2007, 01:00 AM
nice one :D

sedgie
24th April 2007, 01:05 AM
:D:D:D

Bignorm
24th April 2007, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pistol_pedro

ah u will most likely find my car outside bannatynes lol seem to be there.. im either home (grangemouth) at work or at gym all i seem to do.. sucha sad life lol. not seen u about.. where u normally found?

im normally found up the town somewhere used to do the door's there either that or running roung stirling park or at falkirk rugby club