PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Cooper D

ajamesj
23rd April 2007, 06:04 PM
Has u will know I was thinkin about a new Cooper D so when on hols last week went into Mini dealer in irvine got the info but didnt bother test driving even although they had a demo car available.I just thought I would wait till I got home. However this now causes me a problem I have tried my 3 local dealers and been told that all there cooper D are sold and any coming in will be for customer sales and therefore a slim chance for me to get test drive. Does that not sound pretty crap I may have liked the car and bought one but Iam not going too get it without a test drive.

-Sy-
23rd April 2007, 06:21 PM
Doesn't sound too great. My mum recived hers last Monday after not test driving it, She loves it but then again she doesn't drive it for fun aswell... Her idea of fun is seeing how high a MPG she can get from a tank!
Where are you from? Maybe someone local to you on the forum with one could help you out?
Sy

BJN
23rd April 2007, 06:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by ajamesj

Has u will know I was thinkin about a new Cooper D so when on hols last week went into Mini dealer in irvine got the info but didnt bother test driving even although they had a demo car available.I just thought I would wait till I got home. However this now causes me a problem I have tried my 3 local dealers and been told that all there cooper D are sold and any coming in will be for customer sales and therefore a slim chance for me to get test drive. Does that not sound pretty crap I may have liked the car and bought one but Iam not going too get it without a test drive.

Get back down to Irvine and test drive it! (plus you get to see the lovely Miss Jennifer)

ajamesj
23rd April 2007, 08:22 PM
Yeh she was cute eh eh its just along way to test drive a car over 300miles round trip

BJN
23rd April 2007, 08:30 PM
The Cooper D or Jennifer?

Bignorm
23rd April 2007, 09:30 PM
we have one in stock if you fancie a test drive give me a shout mate

soopercooper
23rd April 2007, 09:32 PM
i have a demo in stock at fairbairns in giffnock

BJN
23rd April 2007, 10:17 PM
Thinking out loud...

Wonder if any dealer would take a car to you for a test drive

...Oops did I say that

Stewart
24th April 2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry to but in! hope you get a test drive Bj,The MPG of the D look fantastc.

Brian I'm sure it was you I was talking to as you had just started and took us round the back for a look at the Aero kit, What is the Usual for the test drive? I would like to try both the D and S for just a quick comparison to my main thought about purchasing a Cooper. I’ve been driving boring Volvo’s and my current Honda for over 15 years so fancy something more fun.

For the S and the D I’m not fussed - just a quick trip say up the Stewarton road up to the Mearns and back would be fine but with regards to the Cooper I was wondering about an afternoon or at least a good few hours to not really drive the car but to live with it. Week days its usually just me but at the weekend I take my Mother and Sister shopping etc and as long as it's fine with that then I could make a decision on the Mini.

I’m the sad git who comes in and is more interested in the room in the back, I came in last week and there was a really nice 56 (old Shape) blue mini that I tried in the back and it was fine then jumped into a red cooper (new shape) in front of it and had no room in the back as my feet were under the seat trapped.

Anyway any info would be great.

Mon the fish
25th April 2007, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Stewart Robertson

just a quick trip say up the Stewarton road

And what a road the B769 is... Suzi gave me the loan of the S demonstrator for a few hours, think I left half of the tyres on that road :D

Stewart
25th April 2007, 05:08 AM
It’s the closest part of road I think I’d enjoy driving, but I’d bring it back with tyres lol………

Thats why I'd be interested in just the Cooper or D as after driving a Civic any Mini would be fun on any road and i think the S would be a bit much for me as I dont really drive with a heavy right foot.

Great so they let you have one, I think it was LeeAnne who sent out the info pack!

ajamesj
25th April 2007, 05:20 AM
I almost opted to go to Edinburgh on sunday I was at Dunfermline and bought Lianne a Ford Ka ( I know shhhh) but did not fancy sitting in an hour traffic jam on the forth bridge so headed to Stirling instead nice driving road that was.

Back to Jennifer , Brent she was cute and the Cooper D was nice to

Norman will let u know when Iam off next for a drive but I think me and Lianne are not off together again till mid May so u might have sold urs by yhen hope not

Andy

Gorbash12346
25th April 2007, 06:44 AM
ummm i've got to be honest... i didn't think it was up to much tbh :(

MINI William
26th April 2007, 03:38 AM
phoniex have a D to test drive.my mum got her D on sat and loves it :D
william

ajamesj
2nd May 2007, 05:15 AM
Got my test drive today of the cooper D I must say Iam quite impressed with the lift it had and the cars only done 650 miles. I have been told it will be September del now for one is this correct