To go before I get my Mini

w00t w00t

Hello all I pick up sprocket next Saturday he is a Mini One:

Salt Pack
Sports Seat with red and black cloth
Chromey bits
7 hole alloys

I cannae wait I'm going to burst! :p

Don't burst just yet8)its worth the wait;)

Willie M
28th March 2003, 05:17 PM
Great news D00b :D
Boy is it gonna be a long week though, but well worth the wait.

Look forward to seeing yourself and Sprocket at one of our future meets or runs :cool:

Wul
28th March 2003, 06:41 PM
Welcome to Newminiscotland d00b!

The rule is all new mini's must be publicly displayed upon arrival - piccies please!

I presume it's a glasgow dealer you're getting it from? Douglas park?

Wul

Gismo
28th March 2003, 07:43 PM
There is a nice wee run organised for the sunday which will go a long way to help you putting those precious miles onto your car.

April 6th, meet at the Big W carpark, Harry Lauder Road in Edinburgh at 10.30 - 11.00am.

See you there maybe :question:

Bonnie Scotland

d00b
28th March 2003, 08:47 PM
Dunno about the run! Is that the borders one on Mini2? I could be tempted as you all seem a nice bunch :p

Sprocket is black by the way.. need to get him some clear repeaters pronto viva stylee! I'm getting him from Harry Fairbairn who have been excellent with me so far :D So as soon as I pick him up its the Eaglesham moors road methinks :evil:

Monsta Mo Mini
28th March 2003, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by d00b

Dunno about the run! Is that the borders one on Mini2? I could be tempted as you all seem a nice bunch :p

Sprocket is black by the way.. need to get him some clear repeaters pronto viva stylee! I'm getting him from Harry Fairbairn who have been excellent with me so far :D So as soon as I pick him up its the Eaglesham moors road methinks :evil:

It's the same run as listed on MINI2. Be great if you could come along, the more the MINIer:D

Linda M
28th March 2003, 11:35 PM
Welcome d00b !! Congrats on sprocket :cool:

minidriver#1
31st March 2003, 04:59 AM
two days to go for me and not long for you either d00b :) bet you cant wait. i've been trying to get my hands on everything with a mini in it. my gf has started calling me a car dick!!! :(

Moorf
1st April 2003, 02:48 AM
:( Still no word on our baby - said mid April so fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed.... boy this is the longest month EVER!!!

Willie M
1st April 2003, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Moorf

:( Still no word on our baby - said mid April so fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed.... boy this is the longest month EVER!!!
Hang on in there Moorf, it won't be long now :cool: Sound like you may need to console yourself with some more MINI retail therapy in the meantime though :D Julz, Linda.... look out that accessories brochure will you'z ... ;)

Moorf
2nd April 2003, 01:18 AM
:D:D Oh yes... have seen some smashing door-handle chrome inlays

Haven't got my luggage yet *hint hint Mr Moorf* ;)

Oh and... and... and...

Linda M
2nd April 2003, 04:08 AM
That's what I like to hear :D:D

Julz
2nd April 2003, 05:35 AM
Ah, another for the 'must have everything', if you need to know about any accessories, just ask me or Linda!!:I However, must have and can't afford seem to be in the same criteria for me just now!:dead:

d00b
4th April 2003, 05:18 AM
Arse Arse Arse Arse with arse on top! Not getting it till next Tuesday as the trasfer of my private plate is not going to go through on time :(

Linda M
4th April 2003, 07:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah, another for the 'must have everything', if you need to know about any accessories, just ask me or Linda!!:I However, must have and can't afford seem to be in the same criteria for me just now!:dead:

Poor Julz :( But hey, maybe Rob will get you a MINI wedding present (hint hint) :D

Linda M
4th April 2003, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by d00b

Arse Arse Arse Arse with arse on top! Not getting it till next Tuesday as the trasfer of my private plate is not going to go through on time :(
Worth the wait, however annoying :) I had an extra wait due to plate transfers too !!

Willie M
4th April 2003, 04:59 PM
Hang in there d00b, you know it's going to be worth it :cool:

Moorf
6th April 2003, 10:07 AM
Argh, we have to transfer our plates too.... what can we do to make sure they transfer on the day we pick up car?

Plus, for anyone who has recently got their car - what week were you promised the car in and what week did you actually get it in... we have been told being built week 15 which, I believe, may be next week :D:D:D:D:D but can't be sure - if someone could give me a date and week no. it would keep the blood pressure down ;)

Moorf

Moorf
6th April 2003, 10:23 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO we rang the dealer today and.... *drum roll*

IT'S BUILT!!!!

However, :( will be a bit of a delay cos have to get plate transfer done.... but at least we know she's on her way (yes hubby, definitely a "she" ;) ) !!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok, need to get a name sorted for HER now!!

d00b
7th April 2003, 02:26 AM
We were told we would get ours late March :(

In all fairness the delay is not with them now as its the Local DVLA ofice that is chocka so have to wait on them otherwise it would be here.... ah well 2pm Tuesday and its mine all mine Woo Ha Ha Ha (sorry) :)

Julz
7th April 2003, 05:31 AM

Argh, we have to transfer our plates too.... what can we do to make sure they transfer on the day we pick up car?

The dealer transferred mine over, but if you go to the DVLA office in Dundee yourself, they're transferred immediately!!;)

Moorf
7th April 2003, 06:36 AM
Julz - that's ideal - our dealer is due to sort it as he's just got the chassis number but I think I'll call them tomorrow and see what we can sort out with Dundee!!

Top tip!

Thanks
Moorf

d00b
7th April 2003, 03:07 PM
They used to do it on the spot in Glasgow too but because its soo busy at the moment its a few "working" days :(

Julz
7th April 2003, 09:52 PM
Good luck!!

Moorf
8th April 2003, 01:35 AM
Awwwww, rang Dundee DVLA and they said we could go and take our doc's ourselves however they are too busy and so it would still take 3-4 working days to process :mad:

Oh well, at least we're on the final countdown and are pretty sure we'll get it in time for the Easter weekend :)

Moorf

Willie M
8th April 2003, 03:51 PM

Oh well, at least we're on the final countdown and are pretty sure we'll get it in time for the Easter weekend :)
...and in the meantime... where did you leave that MINI accessories catalogue lying Moorf??? ;)

Believe me, we feel your pain with the extra wait :( Console yourself in the knowledge that it will be soooooo.. worth it :cool:

d00b
9th April 2003, 05:10 AM
Got it Got it Got it Got it Got it Got it! oh I got it. Done just over a 100 miles in it, absolutely fabulous :) The clutch is a bit "sticky" but is easing off already just a superb little car to drive w00t! Photos to come :)

Julz
9th April 2003, 05:31 AM
Happy then??:p

Willie M
9th April 2003, 03:52 PM
Congrats D00b :cool:
We told you it'd be well worth the wait didn't we :D
Look forward to meeting up with you and your new MINI soon :D
Look forward to seeing some pics too...

Linda M
9th April 2003, 10:20 PM
I see you love it then :cool: