PDA

View Full Version : aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh - updated -

dundeered
19th April 2007, 04:30 PM
this morning on way into work , suddenly load crack , and mrs red screams the windscreen is cracked , some bloody stone has decided to header my windscreen , , now i cant see it as its behind the mirror so thats one plus point , what can i do , options please , replace whole screen? can it be filled ? thats two things now that have happened , please dont tell me the car is jinxed

KenL
19th April 2007, 04:46 PM
Ask Autoglass to have a look at it. They fixed a chip/small crack on my Golf. You couldn't see it after unless you really looked hard for it. Totally free, I don't even think I had to tell my insurance company.

Check this out: http://www.autoglass.co.uk/Repair-or-replace.213.0.html

dundeered
19th April 2007, 05:14 PM
cheers ken, spoke to insurance and got 24hr helpline away to give them a call and see what they say , worse case scenario new screen 50.00 and no affect on no claims , phew

euan
19th April 2007, 09:14 PM
They came out to do my 3 series - the insurance company dealt with everything (including the booking) and it was free to repair the chip. As Ken said, couldn't see it afterwards.

dundeered
19th April 2007, 10:12 PM
getting fixed the morn free under insurance , if they cant repair then £50.00 for new screen but dont think it should come to that

dundeered
20th April 2007, 10:07 PM
not excatly what i thought would happen, i assumed withtechnology today all mention of the mark would dissapear , no they just fill it , stil got nice wee mark on screen

KenL
20th April 2007, 10:08 PM
That's a shame. On the Golf, it pretty much disappeared. Has the glue fully hardened?

dundeered
20th April 2007, 10:30 PM
yes , friggin pish job , got a good mind to put the window in and pay £50.00 to get knew one