PDA

View Full Version : Outside temp/cab temp???

vintageb3
17th April 2007, 05:23 AM
Hi Guys

Whilst most of you guys were driving in a straight line for 400 miles...we real MINI drivers were hitting the twisties in the motherland;)

Sounds like you had a great time!

Anyway...that bloody temp thing...how accurate is it?

Mines was reading some strange temps on Sunday...like 21.5C...and it was quite chilly at the time. Is this inside or outside temp?

Reason i ask as i had my roof down all day and I think my temp do da is kerplonket

Thanks

mark

ianking
17th April 2007, 05:36 AM
Its the ambient temperature. (outside)

KenL
17th April 2007, 05:37 AM
Outside temp. I think they are pretty accurate (within 2C or so) once you are on the move.

It was very warm on Sunday you know, it was >20C in many places in Scotland.

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2007, 05:39 AM
Ya big eeeeejit.:eek::blackeye::D;)

If your driving along at high speed with the top down, it's gonna feel kinda cool. It certainly won't feel 21.5C. Although that's about right for the temperature. It hit a high of 23 or 23.5C while we were away in Englandshire.

The temp on your dash is deffo the outside temp as it is there to advise you on Ice risk in the winter.

A.:D

Gismo
17th April 2007, 05:41 AM
That reading is taken from the sensor mounted in the front bumper ;) as i was able to demonstrate at Knockhill with John's race car, after his wee accident ;)

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2007, 05:41 AM
On an accuracy front.... our Assistant Manager keeps telling me ours is way off. We get into our cars in the winter and ours shows -3.0C and his shows -1.0C. He claims ours is wrong, and his is right. I insist our must be right and his wrong 'cos ours is made by BMW and his is made by Vauxhall.;););) He usually grumbles, slams his door and bu$$ers off home.

vintageb3
17th April 2007, 06:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Ya big eeeeejit.:eek::blackeye::D;)

If your driving along at high speed with the top down, it's gonna feel kinda cool. It certainly won't feel 21.5C. Although that's about right for the temperature. It hit a high of 23 or 23.5C while we were away in Englandshire.

The temp on your dash is deffo the outside temp as it is there to advise you on Ice risk in the winter.

HOW DARE YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!...I've never been spoken to in such a manner....err...Oh! wait...yes...OK...its like...err..OK...I am used to it really...:(:(:(

:D

Yes I know its sounds daft...and taking into account the fact the roof was down...but...when it was warm...it didn't feel like 21.5C even when we stopped for lunch.

Then when it was much cooler in the evening...it was showing much higher than I think it actually was...

Me thinks it is kaputt....

Now if a second MINI had been sitting next to me for comparison...we could have known for sure!

mark

vintageb3
17th April 2007, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

That reading is taken from the sensor mounted in the front bumper ;) as i was able to demonstrate at Knockhill with John's race car, after his wee accident ;)

Yeah...BS I know where it is...I seen it when fitting halolights.

Wonder if the sensor is bad?

hmmm

mark

vintageb3
17th April 2007, 06:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

On an accuracy front.... our Assistant Manager keeps telling me ours is way off. We get into our cars in the winter and ours shows -3.0C and his shows -1.0C. He claims ours is wrong, and his is right. I insist our must be right and his wrong 'cos ours is made by BMW and his is made by Vauxhall.;););) He usually grumbles, slams his door and bu$$ers off home.

You should insist yours is right because:

Rule 1: You are the boss!

Easy!

mark