PDA

View Full Version : HI

FergusM
11th April 2007, 09:45 PM
Hi There,

So thought I'd introduce myself.. I'm Fergus, live outside Glasgow and presently plotting getting a new MSC.

Presently driving a tractor (Lexus RX300 SE) and sooo bored of it that I want something fun (and that does a few more mpg). And after test driving a friends MSC (supercharged) I'm hooked, followed this up with a test drive of the new turbo one...and more hooked...

Only a couple of issues...

1. Wife thinks it is too small.
2. Test drove one at Douglas Parks at weekend and could not get my youngest sons (5 months old) rear facing baby seat in and a passenger in front. So might be stuffed till he swaps to the front facing one :(

Other claim to fame is that about 3 years ago I won a Mini One in a halfords competition, had it for 4 weeks and sold it as was much easier to sell that the BMW 330Ci I had at that point.

So will be stalking the forum, and asking stupid questions ahead of ordering one.

phew... longer than I thought..

CoNs
11th April 2007, 09:54 PM
Welcome mate,

your right about no space in the rear! oh the joys of small hatches!

also, winning a Mini One! how cooool!

welcome to the forum m8!

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 10:01 PM
welcome to the site.... plenty of peeps to give you some good answer to all you questions.... well about mini anyway :I;)

Gismo
11th April 2007, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the site, fingers crossed you're seat problems will be solved ;)

FergusM
11th April 2007, 10:42 PM
If anyone has kids (I have a 3 year old and 5 month old) and they fit in the back ok..please let me know.

I have a Britax duo isofix seat and plan is my older boy moves to something new (to be defined)...and the younger one gets his. Just need to try the seats in one, and wait for younger one to be able to sit unassisted so I can start the swap.

Or will have to think of another way to get them to fit..maybe on a roof rack ??...:p

ianking
11th April 2007, 11:23 PM
Hi

When you say you won a mini one in a competition was it per chance a red one (52) plate.

Welcome to the site by the way

beaniboy67
11th April 2007, 11:40 PM
hello there :)

rpn
12th April 2007, 12:28 AM
Hi Fergus and welcome.

What's MSC? You mean MCS (Mini Cooper S)?
Go on, go ahead and order one, you know you want one for yourself. :evil:

Just tell the wife and kids to take the bus or walk! :evil: :) ;) :D :evil: ;)

FergusM
12th April 2007, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Hi

When you say you won a mini one in a competition was it per chance a red one (52) plate.

Welcome to the site by the way

It was an 03 plate black one with a black and white chequed roof. Looked lovely, but reminded me to never buy a black car.

FergusM
12th April 2007, 01:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by rpn

Hi Fergus and welcome.

What's MSC? You mean MCS (Mini Cooper S)?
Go on, go ahead and order one, you know you want one for yourself. :evil:

Just tell the wife and kids to take the bus or walk! :evil: :) ;) :D :evil: ;)

Ooops...yes, MCS = Mini Cooper S... looking at the new "bigger" turbo ones, well it is meant to be bigger but can't see much difference inside, though that is not what I'm telling the wife.

sedgie
12th April 2007, 03:56 AM
Hiya n Welcome:D

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2007, 04:05 AM
Howdy and welcome.:D:D

"RX300 SE = Tractor" - LOL. By brother Neil will be along soon no doubt.:D:D:D

And as for the seating arrangements for kids, Jason (N12JLK) may be able to help you out with this. He has a wee laddie too.;)

A.:D

Craig
12th April 2007, 05:12 AM
Welcome :D

vintageb3
12th April 2007, 06:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by FergusM

Hi There,

Only a couple of issues...

1. Wife thinks it is too small.

Yes...OK...but what does your wife think about the MINI...:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously...this is not the forum for that kind of talk!:D

mark:blackeye:

P.S. Bet you hate Deacon Blue!...but bet I've got a better reason for hating them :clown:

FergusM
12th April 2007, 04:21 PM
I actually like Deacon blue...apart from one particular song that put me off them for a while.. can't imagine what one though ;)

illegalhunter
12th April 2007, 11:11 PM
Wellcome tot the online madness ,you should fit right in.

Neil and Lorna
13th April 2007, 06:56 AM
Hi Fergus

Welcome to NMS

As my brother said we have a Lexus 300 the sel model:):) we love it :D:D drove many other "tractors";);) before deciding on the Lexus.
But each to their own. It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things.;);)

Hope you can resolve your dilemmas with carrying the kids around in a MINI and get yourself into a showroom and get specking up that new MCS.

Neil and Lorna :):):)

stoney
13th April 2007, 07:19 AM
welcome 2 the mad house :)

FergusM
13th April 2007, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Hi Fergus

Welcome to NMS

As my brother said we have a Lexus 300 the sel model:):) we love it :D:D drove many other "tractors";);) before deciding on the Lexus.
But each to their own. It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things.;);)

Hope you can resolve your dilemmas with carrying the kids around in a MINI and get yourself into a showroom and get specking up that new MCS.

Neil and Lorna :):):)

Don't get me wrong, the tractor is excellent at what it does, and 100% reliable. I Just bought it when I was doing a different journey to my parents at other side of Glasgow and they've moved closer so no need of something so big. ..hence aiming for the complete opposite in a mini !

I also looked at X3/X5 etc..and it was the best for my needs. It is probably too good at it's job as it does almost get boring to drive as it does it all. But so used to the toys that I'll end up ticking too many boxes when I order my mini :(

Crombers
13th April 2007, 09:44 PM
Welcome to NMSland :approve: , just buy one & work it all out later :D;)

Clare1
16th April 2007, 02:21 PM
Welcome Fergus!

MINI do IsoFix child seats designed to fit perfectly into your MINI.
They are suitable for ages Baby to 7 years. (problem solved) :p

If you need any advice, give myself or our MINI Team a call.;)
01786 449370.

niknax
17th April 2007, 01:37 AM
hi fergus :)

FergusM
17th April 2007, 02:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Welcome Fergus!

MINI do IsoFix child seats designed to fit perfectly into your MINI.
They are suitable for ages Baby to 7 years. (problem solved) :p

If you need any advice, give myself or our MINI Team a call.;)
01786 449370.

Well tried my present ISOFIX seat in the back of a mates mini..and my oldest fitted fine. Just have to wait for the youngest to grow a bit so he also fits in the front facing seat... can't see any point in buying a new seat for a matter of months (3-4 months till he'll be ready).

Besides which I have to work out what, if any discounts are available on a new mini... does not appear to be a lot (understatement), good for residuals but still hurts to pay full list for everything.. :(

Anyone know of any deals ? Any extras thrown in cheap ?

Coop
18th April 2007, 03:33 AM
Hello, welcome to NMS

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2007, 04:10 AM
:D Hi & Welcome :D

X30YES
21st April 2007, 08:41 PM
Hi and Welcome to NMS ...get on a run .......and enjoy the fun !!

lynnyb1984
23rd April 2007, 01:34 AM
Hi and welcome.
Hope you make a cool decesion in the end up
:)