PDA

View Full Version : Motor Bike Stuff

Gismo
11th April 2007, 06:22 PM
Ok, i'm almost 47 years young :I and am keen to get back onto 2 wheels :p
I have a clean :approve: full car license since 1980.
I have noticed there is a centre in Arbroath that offers training, but, before i contact them, what do i do to allow me to drive any sized (BHP or CC) motor bike?

IE, do i need to do the CBT, can I drive a 125cc bike without L plates just now :I

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Ok, i'm almost 47 years young :I and am keen to get back onto 2 wheels :p
I have a clean :approve: full car license since 1980.
I have noticed there is a centre in Arbroath that offers training, but, before i contact them, what do i do to allow me to drive any sized (BHP or CC) motor bike?

IE, do i need to do the CBT, can I drive a 125cc bike without L plates just now :I

you need to have a CBT (Which is one day course) and do the test on a 500cc (normally done in 4 day course). then you just have to be over 25 to drive any size of bike :)

Gismo
11th April 2007, 06:33 PM
Do i have to do a theory test??

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 06:36 PM

Do i have to do a theory test??

Yes you do now

Gismo
11th April 2007, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMANYes you do nowAh well, hope i can do that as part of the week long course

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 06:47 PM
i think you have to book a date for that.... not sure if the do that as part of a course ... normally you do your CBT on the first Day on a 125CC, 2 days of 250cc bike and then 2 day on the 500cc. then you're ready of the test

Gismo
11th April 2007, 06:52 PM
Hmm, looking online it says that on a direct access scheme i will have to do the CBT and then the theory test before i can take my test.

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 07:01 PM
i'm sure you can do your theoy part first before you go for the CBT and the rest of the course

:)

Gismo
11th April 2007, 07:42 PM
Just passed the online theory test :approve:
Hope i get those questions for real :p

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 07:46 PM

Just passed the online theory test :approve:
Hope i get those questions for real :p

no cheating i hope ;)

what is it 40 question in multi choose ? 8)

Gismo
11th April 2007, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN
what is it 40 question in multi choose ? 8)Can't cheat, it scores it after you make your selections, i got 31 out of 35, some very clever questions :eek:

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 07:52 PM

what is it 40 question in multi choose ? 8)Can't cheat, it scores it after you make your selections, i got 31 out of 35, some very clever questions :eek:

what was the question you got wrong ....what web site is that on? :I

Gismo
11th April 2007, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMANwhat was the question you got wrong ....what web site is that on? :ICan't remember all the wrong answers, but, i didn't know that a Toucan Crossing allows a cyclist to cross on his bike as well as pedestrians :eek:
Anyway, here is the Online Theory Test (http://www.all4bikers.com/theory/index.php)
Good Luck, i can see this turning into a best score deal ;)

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 08:05 PM
never done a theory test for driving before :I

john
11th April 2007, 08:29 PM

There'e a driving test??????:eek:

BJN
11th April 2007, 08:42 PM
Make sure you go the Direct Access route or you'll be limited to 33 bhp for 2 years.

Gismo
11th April 2007, 08:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by BJN

Make sure you go the Direct Access route or you'll be limited to 33 bhp for 2 yearsYep, noticed that, certainly don't wanna be limited to that :p

Gismo
11th April 2007, 11:54 PM
Thats the CBT booked for next Tuesday in Arbroath, so look out :p

rpn
12th April 2007, 01:18 AM
You sure you have to do the theory? Even though you already hold a full car licence!

I passed my bike test eight years ago and at that time I already been driving for over twenty years and I didn't have to do the theory. :p Unless the law has changed since!

First thing first... CBT as what it says in the tin..... Compulsory Basic Training, then you can ride a bike up to 125cc and MUST display a L-Plate :eek: :I :I

Next for you would be the Direct Access route, a full four day course with the actual bike test on day five and if you pass you can ride any size of bike you like. :cool:

zimbo
12th April 2007, 01:38 AM

Thats the CBT booked for next Tuesday in Arbroath, so look out :p

<makes mental note to self..> Under no circumstances am I to go anywhere near Arbroath next Tuesday... :D:D

Good on you Alan. Good luck ;)

Gismo
12th April 2007, 01:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo<makes mental note to self..> Under no circumstances am I to go anywhere near Arbroath next Tuesday... :D:D

Good on you Alan. Good luck ;)Cheers :p did you have a bike for sale not too long ago ;)

zimbo
12th April 2007, 01:49 AM
Yup I sure did :disapprove: its gone to a new home in Dundee...

Gismo
12th April 2007, 02:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Yup I sure did :disapprove: its gone to a new home in Dundee...Aw man, sorry to hear it actually went :disapprove:
On another note, once i'm all sorted i'll be looking for a bike, any recommendations for a mildly powerful but easy to drive bike, i'm not needing R1 power, but, would like some there for overtaking etc :p

GP_G
12th April 2007, 02:34 AM
i did my cbt in arbroath, doing my training in dundee with scot riders

both very good

goodluck

PACMAN
12th April 2007, 02:47 AM

Yup I sure did :disapprove: its gone to a new home in Dundee...Aw man, sorry to hear it actually went :disapprove:
On another note, once i'm all sorted i'll be looking for a bike, any recommendations for a mildly powerful but easy to drive bike, i'm not needing R1 power, but, would like some there for overtaking etc :p

CBR600 is all you need ....all round bike ;)

Craig
12th April 2007, 02:58 AM
I think that may have tooooo much power for you Alan, especially if you have been away from it for so long.

I would get a second hand 600 Bandit, SV650s or something of that type as they give enough thrill(and overtaking ability) without killing yersel.;):D:approve:

Although I do know a man selling and SV1000S for £3,200... :D

Gismo
12th April 2007, 03:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by PACMANCBR600 is all you need ....all round bike ;)Nice one, will keep an eye out for one later, meantime i'll probably get a 125cc to build up the forgotten confidence :I:D

Gismo
12th April 2007, 04:14 AM
Anyone got any opinions on this Skyjet Bike (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKY-JET-2007-RR7-125cc-RACE-REPLICA-SPORTS-BIKES-125_W0QQitemZ270108892776QQihZ017QQcategoryZ424QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

sh@z
12th April 2007, 04:55 AM
MIDLIFE CRISIS....

don't kill yersel alan!

PACMAN
12th April 2007, 04:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

MIDLIFE CRISIS....

don't kill yersel alan!

he's away pass that stage :eek:

BJN
12th April 2007, 05:11 AM

quote:Originally posted by PACMANCBR600 is all you need ....all round bike ;)Nice one, will keep an eye out for one later, meantime i'll probably get a 125cc to build up the forgotten confidence :I:D

Any bike is only as fast as you open the throttle...

I passed my bike test and way home past a Yamaha dealer, I asked for a test ride which they agreed to, just before I went out on the bike, the salesman asked if I'd be trade-in something in, I said no its my 1st bike, only had my licence half an hour. His face was priceless!

PACMAN
12th April 2007, 05:16 AM
never had a 125 before .... went straight to the 600 cc :approve: you will feel the same after driving the 500cc ;)

Gismo
12th April 2007, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by BJNI passed my bike test and way home past a Yamaha dealer, I asked for a test ride which they agreed to, just before I went out on the bike, the salesman asked if I'd be trade-in something in, I said no its my 1st bike, only had my licence half an hour. His face was priceless!Common sense tells me to build up my confidence on a 125cc machine, but, i know it won't take long, so, do i shell out for a learner bike knowing i'll be itching to get a bigger one :p

BJN
12th April 2007, 05:26 AM

quote:Originally posted by BJNI passed my bike test and way home past a Yamaha dealer, I asked for a test ride which they agreed to, just before I went out on the bike, the salesman asked if I'd be trade-in something in, I said no its my 1st bike, only had my licence half an hour. His face was priceless!Common sense tells me to build up my confidence on a 125cc machine, but, i know it won't take long, so, do i shell out for a learner bike knowing i'll be itching to get a bigger one :p

If I were you I'd go straight for the bigger bike, much much easier to ride than a 125.

PACMAN
12th April 2007, 05:27 AM

If I were you I'd go straight for the bigger bike, much much easier to ride than a 125.

i second that :approve:

Gismo
12th April 2007, 05:42 AM
If I were you I'd go straight for the bigger bike, much much easier to ride than a 125.Hmm, but what do i ride whilst i'm waiting for my test date

In what way do you think it's easier to driver the bigger bike

BJN
12th April 2007, 05:52 AM
Bigger bikes are much more stable, easier to manouvre dueto the extra weight and better quality suspension. Plus havin more power means u can ride using part throttle rather than having to wring its neck to get to 50 mph. Having the extra power IMO makes you treat the bike with a lot more respect.

Gismo
12th April 2007, 05:54 AM
Bigger bikes are much more stable, easier to manouvre dueto the extra weight and better quality suspension. Plus havin more power means u can ride using part throttle rather than having to wring its neck to get to 50 mph. Having the extra power IMO makes you treat the bike with a lot more respectOh well then, Shirlaws here we come ;)
How about this for a starter bike
Honda CBR600F (http://www.shirlaws.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=158348&product=1253)

BJN
12th April 2007, 05:58 AM
CBT.... DIRECT ACCESS.... BIG BIKE = LOADS OF FUN

£99 INSURANCE on a GIXER 600 (http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/promos/promo.php?id=000042)

BJN
12th April 2007, 06:07 AM
CBR600Fs are great bikes couple of my mates have them.

Depends really what your looking for, my mate uses a Ninja 6 for commuting and doesn't have any problems.

Beware any Ducati though, the servicing will give you a heart attack. Yam's have 6,000 mile service intervals most other makes are 4,000

Gismo
12th April 2007, 06:16 AM

Depends really what your looking for, my mate uses a Ninja 6 for commuting and doesn't have any problemsI guess i'm looking for a decent bike with decent power, easy to drive with a good driver position to prevent excess arm and wrist ache :I
I suffer from tendonitus in both wrists (ooerrr) and therefore need a comfortable position, may be that i'll need a tourer

BJN
12th April 2007, 06:22 AM
Could be the tourer route my wrists ache if I've not ridden for a while, but soon adjust to it. But all sports bikes will put a lot of weight onto your wrists One other thing to remember V-twins will put a lot of vibration through the bars which could cause discomfort in your wrists.

Gismo
12th April 2007, 06:27 AM
Hmm, painkillers required :D

BJN
12th April 2007, 06:30 AM
Naa the adreline rush, of 0-60 in 3 secs will cure any pain

vintageb3
12th April 2007, 07:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

There'e a driving test??????:eek:

Your post doesn't surprise those who braved the high winds of Knockhill on Sunday!:eek::eek::p:p:clown::D

See....it may never end;)

mark

Gismo
12th April 2007, 05:19 PM
Now really got the bug :p :-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Motor%20Bikes/cbr600luggag.jpg

BJN
12th April 2007, 06:39 PM
V nice, now you just need some new rubber, and to be on the safe side, R&Gs all round

Gismo
12th April 2007, 06:51 PM

to be on the safe side, R&Gs all roundWhat's that then :I:p

BJN
12th April 2007, 07:31 PM

to be on the safe side, R&Gs all roundWhat's that then :I:p

Better safe than out of pocket (http://www.rg-racing.com/)

monkimagic
14th April 2007, 07:10 AM
Hi Bonnie.

A 125cc is a sure way to kill yourself, they are fine if you are 17 and dont eat but for a grown man the lack of power puts you in danger with no way out.

Jumping straight to 600cc is brave but there are many bikes in between. have a browse.

If you do opt for a 125 make sure its tall and torquey, say a

http://www.motoplanete.com/125/Varadero125.jpg

That Honda CBR600F is quite long in the tooth and at that price I am selling my Bandit 04 reg for the same price.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4gpi8b4.jpg

zimbo
15th April 2007, 08:00 AM
Alan, like Craig has already said I think your best bet would prob be a suzuki bandit 600 and use that for about a year to build up your confidence and a years NO CLAIMS then try and see about something with a little bit more ooomph if you want.

I enjoyed my bandit, then a couple of years later I traded it in for an R6 just after they first came out and it was just awesome... Then its been a long time since then before I got the GSXR 600 in 2005 and had to start all over again with no NO CLAIMS, but it wasnt too bad.

Doesnt matter what you end up with Alan because practice makes perfect, Im lucky enough to have ridden some very very nice machines in my time, rangeing from bandit 600s all the way through to R1s, ZX12Rs, Hyabusas, TL1000Rs and RSV1000s the bigger bikes will probably make you really sh*t yourself!! I almost did the first time I rode an R1 the front wheel just does not like staying on the ground... :p

What ever you do, DO NOT GET an ER5 that has to be without doubt the WORST bike I have ever EVER ridden!!

Three bikes that I would like to have a go on that I have never ridden before are a Ducati 999, MV Agusta F4 and a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure. :p

Welcome to the NMS mini and bike squad, I will be back on a bike as soon as I can :D ENJOY :D

rpn
15th April 2007, 07:17 PM
Bandit 600 is a good bike for beginners but no one mentioned the SV650 or the Yamaha Fazer!

The SV650 is very compact being a V twin with low CoG. Fazer alway came top of the group when comparing similar bikes but make sure its the Mk I or the Mark II version and not the 'Euro' Fazer (05-06 model range)!

BJN
15th April 2007, 08:47 PM
Be careful with the SV650.. my mate had one I had a shot on it when I had the R6, the SV650 was scary, no brakes!!!

Be careful with the 'budget' bikes, they do what they say on the tin. I like the power delivery on the R6 total pussy cut upto 8,000 revs for me to get used to biking, was rapid between 8 and 10,000 for when my skils and confidence grew. Between 10,000 and 15,000 revs the thing was mega quick, never did get used to that, so traded it in for something with a bit more power!

Gismo
16th April 2007, 04:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagicThat Honda CBR600F is quite long in the tooth and at that price I am selling my Bandit 04 reg for the same priceI am interested if your bike is for sale, what model is it, ie engine size etc, also, mileage, tax left and when MOT due :)

zimbo
17th April 2007, 04:01 AM

quote:Originally posted by monkimagicThat Honda CBR600F is quite long in the tooth and at that price I am selling my Bandit 04 reg for the same priceI am interested if your bike is for sale, what model is it, ie engine size etc, also, mileage, tax left and when MOT due :)

Think its a Bandit 400 Alan, but I could be wrong... :p

monkimagic
17th April 2007, 04:04 AM
Hi Alan

Its a Aug 2004 Suzuki Bandit 600 limited edition, GSXR colour scheme.

12,500 miles

MOT is due in August, this will be its first so it will easily go through.
Tax I am not sure but at least til July 07.

The bike has a

New brakes pads, new chain & sprocket set, Oil changed yesterday with filter. New plugs.

Fuel Exhaust, one of the best a lightest in the UK ( PLUS ORIGINAL )
http://www.fuelexhausts.com/

It has a META M357TV2 Alarm/Immobilisers

http://www.bikealarms.co.uk/alarms.htm

The only bad thing I can admit to is a small dent on the tank, it is on the side shown in the photo but hardly noticable and a mark on the left seat cowl. besides that it is a very clean bike.

and

I planned to balance the Carbs today but it was too nice aday so I went riding.. But thats due next week now.

Let me know what you think.

Paddy

monkimagic
17th April 2007, 04:06 AM
Infact my bike is in their gallery :)

http://www.fuelexhausts.com/Gallery_detail.cfm?iBrandIDPK=6#181

monkimagic
17th April 2007, 04:07 AM

Think its a Bandit 400 Alan, but I could be wrong... :p

Its a B6

Gismo
17th April 2007, 04:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagicLet me know what you think.
Paddy
Cheers Paddy, i'm going to sit my CBT tomorrow, then hoping to go to Shirlaws on Thursday, but, in the meantime, let me know how much you want for it ;)
Also, i'd need a to sit on it to make sure ma wee leggies can reach the deck :p not much point in having it if i can't sit at traffic lights :I

monkimagic
17th April 2007, 04:56 AM
Anytime Alan, just let me know when, its in town everyday on Belmont street, so you can pop into my work.

If the bikes is at Slaines I am at the Carers Centre. or phone me there on 646677.

You also have mail

Gismo
17th April 2007, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagicYou also have mailFunnily enough, so do you ;):p

monkimagic
17th April 2007, 05:24 AM
Well, what do you know?

Gismo
18th April 2007, 01:14 AM
Well, how easy was that :p CBT, piece of cake :)
Can't get my theory test booked before i go back to Baku :disapprove: so, will lose a month trying to get my practical test booked, anyone know a way to get a theory test for next week :p

BJN
18th April 2007, 07:22 PM
Try different test centres?!?

G-Star
18th April 2007, 07:37 PM
sorry to intrude!! BJN have u still got the plates mate? or have they gone?

Gismo
18th April 2007, 10:24 PM

Try different test centres?!?I have been, finally got a test booked at Fort William :eek::evil:

Gismo
18th April 2007, 10:33 PM
I'll soon be a full member of the NMS bikers club, i've ordered the new model Suzuki Bandit650SA :cool:

zimbo
19th April 2007, 03:40 AM
Excellent Alan :D what colour you going for? black? to go with the S and M3? :p

Gismo
19th April 2007, 04:04 AM

Excellent Alan :D what colour you going for? black? to go with the S and M3? :pYep :cool: black :p But, the M3 is silver :cool:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Motor%20Bikes/bike_gsf650sblk_main1.jpg

BJN
19th April 2007, 05:12 AM
WICKED! think someone is gonna have to organise a Mini/Bike run

Good luck with your test

Craig
19th April 2007, 05:20 AM
Sensible choice for a "born again" biker. :D:D You'll still have lots of fun.

Best of luck with the test. :D

BJN
19th April 2007, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Sensible choice for a "born again" biker. :D:D You'll still have lots of fun.

Best of luck with the test. :D

'Sensible' probably still good for 150mph+ and 0-60 in under 5 secs!!

Gismo
19th April 2007, 04:17 PM

'Sensible' probably still good for 150mph+ and 0-60 in under 5 secs!!Really :p

BJN
19th April 2007, 06:16 PM
YEAH! and still return 50+ mpg

Big Gordy
19th April 2007, 06:53 PM
quote:YEAH! and still return 50+ mpg
But not at 150+ mph tho;) :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
19th April 2007, 07:13 PM
Another midlife crisis! ;)

BJN
19th April 2007, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

quote:YEAH! and still return 50+ mpg
But not at 150+ mph tho;) :p:D:approve:

It has been known for a full tank to disappear in a little over half an hour, must be a hole in my tank!

zimbo
20th April 2007, 01:46 AM

Excellent Alan :D what colour you going for? black? to go with the S and M3? :pYep :cool: black :p But, the M3 is silver :cool:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Motor%20Bikes/bike_gsf650sblk_main1.jpg

Ooops thought your M3 was black for some reason:clown:

You'll have a lot of fun on the bandit Alan :D

Good luck with the test young man :D

Gismo
20th April 2007, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by zimboYou'll have a lot of fun on the bandit Alan :D

Good luck with the test young man :DCheers, theory test next thursday then i can book my test for my next time home :)

BJN
20th April 2007, 07:20 PM
Don't forget to invest in decent riding gear!

You never know how many knocks the riding school helmets have had already

Gismo
20th April 2007, 07:27 PM

Don't forget to invest in decent riding gear!

You never know how many knocks the riding school helmets have had alreadyBought that when i paid for the bike, full rig out, helmet, jacket, breeks, gloves and boots :cool: just need to pass my test 8)

BJN
20th April 2007, 07:33 PM
Back protector and neck warmer?

And R&G's for the bike?

BJN
20th April 2007, 07:35 PM
They other thing I'd strongly recommend, a Fog City Hyperoptics visor.

Darkens when sunny, is legal and double glazes your visor therefore preventing it misting up.

Gismo
20th April 2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the advice Brent, my jacket has all the protection in the right places, will investigate the R & G's and the visor you mention.

I've also managed to change my theory test to Aberdeen :) it's in North Silver Street, where is that???

rpn
20th April 2007, 10:33 PM
Further along Golden Square which is by the Music Hall in the middle of Union street!

Gismo
26th April 2007, 04:22 PM
Today i sit the theory/hazard perception test in Aberdeen, i'm a wee bit apprehensive about the perception part, i'm paranoid about clicking the mouse too many times to initiate a fail :p

BJN
26th April 2007, 06:53 PM
I've sat the hazard perception test think i got 78% but still don't have a clue as to what they are looking for!

Good luck with the test btw

euan
26th April 2007, 07:24 PM
Can I ask what R&G means?

Good luck with the test!

PACMAN
26th April 2007, 07:54 PM

Today i sit the theory/hazard perception test in Aberdeen, i'm a wee bit apprehensive about the perception part, i'm paranoid about clicking the mouse too many times to initiate a fail :p

good luck :)

BJN
26th April 2007, 08:18 PM

good luck :)

It's a make of crash protector for bikes, so that if it drop or you low side it you're not damaging mega expensive fairings and or engine casings.

R&G clicky (http://www.rg-racing.com/)

Gismo
26th April 2007, 10:49 PM
Pah, easy peasy, 35/35 for the theory and 67/75 (89 per cent) for the hazard perception, Stevie Wonder could pass it ;)
Now off to book the test :p

PACMAN
27th April 2007, 12:05 AM
well done ...... blindfold on for the next part then :clown:

Gismo
27th April 2007, 12:24 AM
Now tried to book my test, earliest i can book online is the day after i go to Baku next trip, 25th June :eek::disapprove:

BJN
27th April 2007, 01:26 AM
Put your name down for a cancellation, or try a diff test centre.

Well done btw

zimbo
27th April 2007, 02:48 AM
Well done Alan, wont be long now till your tearing up the roads around Montrose now then... :D:p

Gismo
27th April 2007, 03:19 AM

Well done Alan, wont be long now till your tearing up the roads around Montrose now then... :D:pIf i can get a test booked i will, nowt available in my area until June :eek:
Anyone used Biketec (http://www.biketec-motorcycle-training.co.uk/)
They seem to offer the complete package with a test at the end

BJN
27th April 2007, 04:29 AM
I did the package to get my licence, if you were new to the road I wouldn't recommended but since you've been on the roads for years, its just a case of teaching you bike control.

Speak to a few people see if anyone can recommend a riding school.

Try this bike forum Nodding Dogs (http://www.noddingdogs.org/) to see if there's anyone from there that can recommend somewhere

monkimagic
27th April 2007, 05:38 AM
Biketec would appear to have good and bad days, some people loved them, others not so. This is the same story with most though.

Mike Rennie is a top bloke and will help you out.

http://www.allbiketraining.co.uk/

rpn
27th April 2007, 06:21 AM
I did my lessons and test with them many many years ago. I find them very good. It all depends on which instructor you ended up with.

monkimagic
27th April 2007, 09:40 PM
I pick up my new bike amorn:D

zimbo
27th April 2007, 10:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

I pick up my new bike amorn:D

Ok then I'll ask, WHAT ARE YOU GETTING!!? :D:p

<mumbles to self> lucky bugger... :D

Gismo
27th April 2007, 10:20 PM

Ok then I'll ask, WHAT ARE YOU GETTING!!? :D:pJust beat me to it, so, come on, what ya gettin :cool:

Gismo
27th April 2007, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Biketec would appear to have good and bad days, some people loved them, others not so. This is the same story with most thoughThing is, i'm only really needing the use of the bikes and of course the training, these guys have the complete package including test dates etc
I can book a test in Aberdeen on the 11th June, perfect for me, but, i need a bike and some lessons, so, makes sense to use them

monkimagic
28th April 2007, 12:02 AM
The mighty Kawasaki Z1000

http://www.quickfactscenter.com/test/images/kawa-z1000.jpg

Mount a fuel-injected NINJA® ZX-9R-based engine in a lightweight chassis, equip it with state-of-the-art Ninja running gear, and wrap in the slinkiest bodywork this side of a Milan fashion show and what do you get? The all-new 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 motorcycle. Kawasaki is taking the “naked” category to an all-new level by introducing the world’s first Super Naked motorcycle. In addition to a visual impact no other machine can match, the ZX-9R-based engine gets a displacement boost to 953 cubic centimeters producing heaps of gutsy torque resulting in hard-charging performance.

BJN
28th April 2007, 02:15 AM
You'll need some protection for the 'family jewels'! The riding position forces them against the tank, might be rather painful under heavy braking!

monkimagic
28th April 2007, 03:22 AM

You'll need some protection for the 'family jewels'! The riding position forces them against the tank, might be rather painful under heavy braking!

:D:p:D

Had an all day test run, 2 hrs at a time, never felt as comfy, really is a great bike

BJN
28th April 2007, 04:40 AM
It is a cracking bike, the tailpipes on it are well smart

monkimagic
28th April 2007, 05:58 AM
MMMMMnnnn
http://i14.tinypic.com/34te9f4.jpg

Gismo
28th April 2007, 05:50 PM
That's me booked up for a 3 day course with Biketec, 5th - 7th June including a test on the final afternoon :approve:
The new bike will be in the garage on the 1st, so, looking forward to passing :approve:

monkimagic
28th April 2007, 06:42 PM

That's me booked up for a 3 day course with Biketec, 5th - 7th June including a test on the final afternoon :approve:
The new bike will be in the garage on the 1st, so, looking forward to passing :approve:

;)

Gismo
28th April 2007, 06:50 PM
Am looking to get a tail rack and top box for use on away days to store the helmets etc whilst away for a wander.
As the bike is new the packages aren't available yet, but, however, anyone got any horror stories of balance or theives etc

monkimagic
28th April 2007, 07:18 PM
No worries of theives, I have never heard of hard luggage getting broken into.

The balance issue can be a problem if you have something really heavy and at low speeds but if its secure and not moving around its OK.

Top boxes are good if you have a young pillion as it gives them something to lean against.

BJN
29th April 2007, 12:12 AM
You won't be wandering far, bike boots ain't the most comfortable to walk in

monkimagic
29th April 2007, 05:57 PM
My new pride & Joy in the flesh......

http://i13.tinypic.com/2vakzlw.jpg

Gismo
29th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Ooh, very nice :p:cool:

Gismo
29th April 2007, 06:41 PM

You won't be wandering far, bike boots ain't the most comfortable to walk inI would carry a pair of trainers in the top box ;)

zimbo
30th April 2007, 02:11 AM
Very nice monki :D love those colours...:p

BJN
30th April 2007, 05:47 AM
Nice bike, really suits those colours