PDA

View Full Version : got hit by a drunk driver aaaarrrghh

soopercooper
11th April 2007, 04:56 PM
i was sitting parked outside my mates girlfriends house,when a drunk old lady smashed into the back of my car and tried to drive off,but luckily for me the impact didnt take to her car to kindly,her driveshaft and cv joint had collapsed,when i assesed the damage on the mini i was amazed how little damage had been done,the only bodywork damage done,was the arch trim was slightly scuffed,and other than that the passenger side rear alloy was scuffed and was not in alignment.i called the police and they arrived very fast indeded,and they took all the relevant details from myself and the drunk ,who refused a breath test which meant she was taken downtown.

does anyone know where you i would stand with regards to making a claim against her as she was under the influence of alcohol.

any help on this would be fantastic

KenL
11th April 2007, 05:01 PM
Do you mean an insurance claim or some compensation?

Insurance should not be a problem. Even if she is uninsured, insurance companies have a scheme to protect people hit by uninsured drivers.

Scottie
11th April 2007, 05:05 PM
did you call the Police.?

Bignorm
11th April 2007, 05:09 PM
CAN U NOT READ FI lol read his post properly

Scottie
11th April 2007, 05:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bignorm

CAN U NOT READ FI lol read his post properly

oop's typical get caught out only reading a wee bit.:I:I

illegalhunter
11th April 2007, 06:02 PM
Well if you claim for injuries you need to go to the doctor asap & play up the whiplash, & go again complain to tp the doc as the insurance co will ask for access to you medical records .

soopercooper
11th April 2007, 06:16 PM
glad to hear it,thot my luck was out

Burple
11th April 2007, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Insurance should not be a problem. Even if she is uninsured, insurance companies have a scheme to protect people hit by uninsured drivers.

Yeah.. they sure do :mad::mad::disapprove::disapprove:

It means they make a claim on *YOUR* insurance, you lose a year's NCB if they're not protected, and the cost of your insurance shoots up the next time you renew! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So if she was under the influence, get everything from the police that you can. Incident / crime number, and make sure that goes to your insurance company. If she was insured, then you should be ok.

If she wasn't, then I'm not so sure how you'd go about that, cos the Police never found the little £$%"£$ that hit me then legged it. :(
Hence how I found out about the insurance :mad:

BJN
11th April 2007, 08:44 PM
Will you be using your 'company' body shop?

soopercooper
11th April 2007, 09:10 PM
i sure will,everything will be done in house,as i trust the workmanship

Ivano
11th April 2007, 09:11 PM
Is it still MSV who carry out the repairs??? They are very good.
quote:Originally posted by soopercooper

BJN
11th April 2007, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by soopercooper

Good to hear, my car's coming in on Monday. just hope I get a decent courtesy car

KenL
12th April 2007, 02:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by KenL

Yeah.. they sure do :mad::mad::disapprove::disapprove:

It means they make a claim on *YOUR* insurance, you lose a year's NCB if they're not protected, and the cost of your insurance shoots up the next time you renew! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh! I thought they had some scheme that protected their clients so there was no effect on their NCB.