PDA

View Full Version : Aerokit Fitted Before & After

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 07:10 AM
Aerokit on at last, went on without too much hassle ... had to reposition fog lights and adjust bits and bobs but worth it! :D:cool::I

Before

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/143195-1.jpg
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/143195-6.jpg

After

http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201245.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201246.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201247.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201248.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201249.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201250.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201252.jpg
http://www.ballumbie-carriers.co.uk/images/scooby%201253.jpg

Now just some vipers and alloys ;)

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 07:14 AM
now that does look good, much better starter car than a crappy corsa or fiesta that you see with a bodykit

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 07:25 AM
what wheels are you going for ?

Craig
11th April 2007, 07:26 AM
:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve:

MarkyC has some alloys that would look SUPERB on yer car.. :D

The vipers will also be a nice addition. :cool:

KenL
11th April 2007, 07:39 AM
Lovely, I really like the US style reflectors.

vintageb3
11th April 2007, 07:53 AM
Looks really really nice!

Do you have to fit the reflectors?

mark

AndyP & Lenore
11th April 2007, 08:48 AM
Very nice. Always loved the aero kit on a cooper.:approve::approve:

Vipers would just finish it off.:approve:

A.:D

sh@z
11th April 2007, 09:14 AM
Looking good mate, get the arches painted (but obviously not the reflector part, always like that too)

illegalhunter
11th April 2007, 04:28 PM
The modding madness has struct again! Looks great mate.

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys i still cant belive thats my car and im only 18 :I

Alloys ... i dont have a clue, thinking about multispoke but open to suggstions lol :cool: Markyc what do you have?8):)

Reflectors have to be fitted or you are left with gaping holes... mixed feedback on them wondering how they would look smoked 8)

Anyway need to stop and regain some pennys! :D

Gismo
11th April 2007, 05:28 PM
Very nice :cool:

Scottie
11th April 2007, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

Alloys ... i dont have a clue, thinking about multispoke but open to suggstions lol :cool: Markyc what do you have?8):)

Reflectors have to be fitted or you are left with gaping holes... mixed feedback on them wondering how they would look smoked 8)

Anyway need to stop and regain some pennys! :D

what size alloys are you after.??

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 05:38 PM
Fi loking for 17's you got any in aladins cave? :p:D

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 05:55 PM

i'm sure Fi will have some in a cupboard that she forgot about :eek::blackeye::)

Burple
11th April 2007, 05:58 PM
Nice one!
The rear lights look the nuts too. I've seen these on other colour cars and they look a bit crap, good choice for black tho! :cool::cool:

Now have fun continually cleaning all the crap off the back of your car... that's all the Aero spoiler *really* does :D:D;);):p:p:p

Scottie
11th April 2007, 06:02 PM

buggers no got some nice new style S winders but they are only 16's. sorry:(

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 06:06 PM
16 would give you better handling

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 06:43 PM
No worries Fi if you fnd anymore let me know! :p

I have 16's at the moment just want to fill the arches abit more... road handling aint a problem... not once uv driven a corsa... anything is better! :p

Gismo
11th April 2007, 06:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by BazthemodI have 16's at the moment just want to fill the arches abit more... road handling aint a problem... not once uv driven a corsa... anything is better! :pBigger wheels won't fill the arches any more as the overall outside diameter is roughly the same, bigger wheels = less tyre

euan
11th April 2007, 06:58 PM
But it looks like it fills them more - I've the same on my 3 series where it's running 17" M sport alloys - the 18" look like they fill the arch better because there is more metal on show.

euan
11th April 2007, 06:58 PM
Oh, and I love the look of your car mate, the reflectors actually look great on it. I think it really works because the car is black, think it would look a bit iffy on some other colours.

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeh what Euan said, the difference from standard 15's on the corsa to 17's was amazing and that was only the tyre profile that changed.

I just think it looks beefier with 17's :)

vintageb3
11th April 2007, 07:28 PM

I think smoked would look better Baz...But what do I know?

I also like your 16"s!!!!!

Why not keep them and get the car lowered ( a wee bit)

Having driven my S with 15's and 18's I like the 15's better....

So if you need me to keep your wheels in storage for you when you get bigger wheels....just let me know mate;)

16's are supposed to be the best size wheel for the MINI....why go to soemthing worse?

mark

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 08:48 PM
Well to be honest my Cousin has pretty much same car to me and he has 17's and i didnt notice much difference.

Plus tyre size doesn't change too much more so the profile. I would never go to over 17s as i dont see the point.

Just want rid of the 5 stars lol really not to my taste :dead:

Lowering isn't really an option either the speed bumps i have to go over are pretty mean ... the corsa already scraped them! :eek:

Gismo
11th April 2007, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by BazthemodYeh what Euan said, the difference from standard 15's on the corsa to 17's was amazing and that was only the tyre profile that changed.Agreed, it certainly tricks the eye ;)

CoNs
11th April 2007, 09:55 PM
wow that looks aweosme!

would love Aeros on my car in the not to distant future!

Bignorm
11th April 2007, 10:04 PM

I have 16's at the moment just want to fill the arches abit more... road handling aint a problem... not once uv driven a corsa... anything is better! :p

unless you drive a smart car :eek::blackeye::D

Bazthemod
11th April 2007, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bignorm

unless you drive a smart car :eek::blackeye::D

Ha Ha our neighbour had one and it blew over in high winds, needless to say they got something else! ;):clown:

ajamesj
12th April 2007, 05:24 AM
Lookin good drop in and see me I will sort out ur alloys Baz , we will go one better than David

Andy

Bazthemod
12th April 2007, 05:43 AM
Andy you need to get some decent Alloys in :p Can you do deals on alloys to order? ;)

vintageb3
12th April 2007, 06:31 AM

Well to be honest my Cousin has pretty much same car to me and he has 17's and i didnt notice much difference.

Plus tyre size doesn't change too much more so the profile. I would never go to over 17s as i dont see the point.

Just want rid of the 5 stars lol really not to my taste :dead:

Lowering isn't really an option either the speed bumps i have to go over are pretty mean ... the corsa already scraped them! :eek:

If you were to change your 16"'s....how much would you be wanting for your old favourite Uncle Mark to take them off your hands ;)

mark

Bazthemod
12th April 2007, 06:44 AM
Ive not a clue uncle mark lol they are kerbed a fair bit... girl who owned it before did it as a hobby :mad:

Apart from that they are in super condition... 2 new pirellis on front and goodyears on the back that will need replaced soon.:)

vintageb3
13th April 2007, 02:36 PM

Ive not a clue uncle mark lol they are kerbed a fair bit... girl who owned it before did it as a hobby :mad:

Apart from that they are in super condition... 2 new pirellis on front and goodyears on the back that will need replaced soon.:)

I know a man that could fix the kerbing for me;)

Let me know if you are gonna sell them...

mark

RyanK
20th April 2007, 05:00 AM
Hi Baz

Was the service from Minisport you received good & if you dont mind giving away details how much did it cost? Im considering getting rid of my 'S' bumpers in exchange for an aerokit from Minisport.

However im not '100%' sure on what i'm doing may possibly forget the idea of an aerokit to save my wallet:D

Thanks, Ryan;)

Bazthemod
20th April 2007, 05:56 AM
Hey Ryan, i couldn't ask for better service from them! :) There are a few people on the forum with horror stories and with them i have mucho sympathy but sumtimes bad service is all you hear about.

Im so glad i bought the kit... cant belive how many heads it turns and comments i get.. (good ones) :p

I was £710 in total with VAT & Delivery. Seems alot but i think it really is one of the best mods.

Go on you know you want to :D:cool::D8)

If you need anymore info or pics just give me a shout or add me to msn :)

RyanK
20th April 2007, 06:39 AM
Hi Baz, Thanks for the reply & feedback. Sounds like a good place to order from

Yeh your car looks really smart & one other thing i like about the kit is those reflectors, well cool!

£710 is Too High for me at the moment due to still needing to buy Halo's, 'S' fuel cap, exhaust & wheels.

However i am going to consider if i should go for the Aerokit this month, then save up the rest of my money for the other mods in forthcoming months. I know i want to:(:I:D

I might give you a shout for pics soon thanks bud

Ryan