PDA

View Full Version : Kwik-fit

BJN
10th April 2007, 11:29 PM
For some reason before giving me a quote for insurance, Kwik-Fit, need to know all the alterations from standard spec on the car, even as far as what was including in the Chili pack.

It's brightened up my day listing every extra in the car along with how much it cost. Just looking forward to the call back once they've spoke to their underwriters.

Might have took it too far declaring the web spoke wheels as an extra!

AndyP & Lenore
11th April 2007, 12:23 AM
Brent, they're all the same these days. As much as you like to list the spec on the car, I don't want to have to do it every time I call an insurer. Also it makes it difficult using sites like confused.com, because as soon as you click the "My vehicle is modified" button (or similar) it tells you to bu$$er off 'cos they don't do modified cars. And when I say modified, I'm talking Chili pack - hardly a mod, but is classed as "different from supplied as standard" or something like that.:(

A.

BJN
11th April 2007, 12:42 AM
Its a nightmare! they even had to know how much the Anthracite roof lining was, much more likely to crash due the that!

Mark R
11th April 2007, 01:09 AM
When I renewed with Kwik-fit they gave me a quote and then I asked them specifically about the Chilli Pack and they told me that it was counted as standard since it was fitted at the factory and they didn't count that as any different than any other Cooper. Just to be sure I checked with two different people at their call centre and got the same response each time. Second person even seemed to know what I was talking about when I mentioned the Chilli pack which was surprising to me.

bsimage
11th April 2007, 01:30 AM
Im with Kik-Fit & had to go through a long process, detailing extras such as flame spoke alloys & chili pack details.
The way i look at it is, if you give Every Detail then there should be No Hassle should you have to make a claim.

Kwik-Fit were the Only Company that quoted me under £1,000 because I,ve not had insurance in my own name. Been driving Company vans all my days. ( and I'm Well Over 25) ;)

bainy1
11th April 2007, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by bsimage

Im with Kik-Fit & had to go through a long process, detailing extras such as flame spoke alloys & chili pack details.
The way i look at it is, if you give Every Detail then there should be No Hassle should you have to make a claim.

Kwik-Fit were the Only Company that quoted me under £1,000 because I,ve not had insurance in my own name. Been driving Company vans all my days. ( and I'm Well Over 25) ;)

Have you tried Bell? I was in the same situation as you and now pay less than £500 for a GP. On my second year with them now but last year was around £600 for a Focus ST. Yes I'm over 25 as well :)

BJN
11th April 2007, 08:03 PM
Still waiting on Kiwk-fit calling back, so far Hastings direct has gave me the best quote. £391 and this with a speeding conviction.

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by BJN

Still waiting on Kiwk-fit calling back, so far Hastings direct has gave me the best quote. £391 and this with a speeding conviction.

did you try mini insurance ? i got a quote for £250 from them ;)

Gismo
11th April 2007, 08:05 PM
I've always found direct line to be the cheapest, helps if you have their home and buildings insurance as well

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 08:10 PM
I'm with Liverpool Victoria, they're really good on customer service. They were cheapest for the Vectra and the Brabus as they offer discounts to certain employment groups.

BJN
11th April 2007, 08:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

did you try mini insurance ? i got a quote for £250 from them ;)

Mini Insurance quoted £450, looked like a good policy.

Norwich Union wanted £470 for renewal but got them down to £440 at the moment

bsimage
12th April 2007, 04:28 AM
Mini Insurance Wouldn't even give me a free weeks insurance or quote because i had No "No Claims"

vintageb3
13th April 2007, 02:32 PM

Is there an option to take the insurance at £391...and let them keep the speeding conviction?

:clown:

mark

BJN
13th April 2007, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

Is there an option to take the insurance at £391...and let them keep the speeding conviction?

:clown:

mark

Damn, never thought to ask!

Kwik-Fit finally got back to me with a quote of £471, but alas I've renewed with Norwich Union after some negotiation they took £60 off of my original renewal premium.