PDA

View Full Version : Chipping the Vectra

The Dogfather
10th April 2007, 06:17 PM
I would like some advice, the vectra currently puts out 184bhp which for 3.0 V6 Diesel is pretty feeble. I found a couple of companies who can put it up to 220bhp.

One method is a plug in module the other is a re-map, which is the best way to go:question: Or is this one of those don't do it cause you'll knacker it things :I

Any advice welcome:D

RyanK
10th April 2007, 07:09 PM
My dad got a remap on his 320 diesel Merc from DMS, the guy came up to Aberdeen and fitted the chip via a laptop. I think this was a remap and overall it was a job well done. Only took around an hour to fit aswell

My dad has had no problems with it and feck me it goes for a diesel, its now pushing out 274bhp with around 560NM

s12cot
10th April 2007, 09:05 PM
Modules are ment to be the nuts - you can change the thing to suit what power you want from it.....

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 06:49 AM
but are modules reliable?

Big Col
11th April 2007, 03:33 PM
Dude, it's a vectra. Drive your dinky toy when you want to go quick and the vectra when you want to drive like a pensioner! Gie yersel a shake man.

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 04:34 PM
I never want to drive like a pensioner.

The Vectra is a great car for long distances, but with 220bhp and 500nm on the go it'll actually be fun as well.

Scottie
11th April 2007, 04:47 PM
something like this

http://www.tunit.co.uk/vehicles-supported.php?reference=Opel_Vauxhall&shoppingview=

Gismo
11th April 2007, 05:40 PM
Why buy it at all knowing that it wasn't as quick as you wanted it to be ;)

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 05:46 PM
Cause I needed summat that was under £13k, nearly new, good on long distances, had good seats, cheap to run, oh and had potential to be quicker. Even in standard form it'll do 0-63 in 8.5 and 143mph, so it's not that slow.

Fi, that's the one I've been looking at but does anyone have any knowledge of what they are like????

Scottie
11th April 2007, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Cause I needed summat that was under £13k, nearly new, good on long distances, had good seats, cheap to run, oh and had potential to be quicker. Even in standard form it'll do 0-63 in 8.5 and 143mph, so it's not that slow.

Fi, that's the one I've been looking at but does anyone have any knowledge of what they are like????

not on the Vectra sorry only on the Touareg.

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 06:02 PM
Did it work OK on the Toerag?

duncan
11th April 2007, 06:05 PM
How much will the improved performance you're going to get with a chip/module affect the cheap to run bit?
Will you end up with much poorer MPG?

Scottie
11th April 2007, 06:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Did it work OK on the Toerag?

mines was chipped. but a good few of the guys have them on their 2.5 Touareg to give it some extra grunt. They are more than happy with them. Also they can be taken off should the car need some work re warranty.

I also know a good few of the guys on the D3 Discovery use Turbo Chip and swear by them but I am not sure if they do your car the 3 litre diesel.

Scottie
11th April 2007, 06:08 PM
On a diesel when chipped you usually end up with better performance and a smoother engine.

The Dogfather
11th April 2007, 06:09 PM
Duncan, if you're not using the power all the time they sometimes give better economy, supposedly.

Most of the time the Vectra is crusing at a steady 77mph (GPS) in top gear which is roughly 2k revs