PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a new R56 MCS

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 06:05 PM
As the title says , we went out and bought a new mini after me saying at the begining of Nov 06 I didnt like them:I

Cant wait, but have to until June.

Colour will be the dark silver metallic, with the black roof. Spec we have chosen is very nice too:D

Those with the new mini, any chance of posting up pics, Im trying to decide which alloys to go for (at the moment its the crown ones as I have chilli pack)

Kev

euan
9th April 2007, 06:20 PM
They come in dark silver??? ;)

Nice one, I'm sure you'll love the turbo!

illegalhunter
9th April 2007, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the club check out my alloys in my gallery
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/36795
Euan i thaught the r56 MCS was a laser blue only to

ianking
9th April 2007, 06:52 PM
Dont listen to them.
I have an R56 S which is dark silver with a black roof as well.
I have crown spoke on mine. There are pics under general discussion somewhere of it.
Will take some more pics tonight for you and will post them up.
I have options of
Chilli Pack with the half black leather and dark grey colour line trim
Piano Black with chrome line for the inside.
Anthracite roof
Dark rear glass
Chrome mirror covers
Multi-function wheel.

Looks good as its all very dark.

KenL
9th April 2007, 08:02 PM
Why not snap up the ones ScottieCoop has for sale?

Craig
9th April 2007, 08:14 PM
Well Done Kev :D:D:D

Best of luck with it. ;):approve:

Burple
9th April 2007, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Those with the new mini, any chance of posting up pics, Im trying to decide which alloys to go for (at the moment its the crown ones as I have chilli pack)

Kev

Dude!! Get the cheapest (free?) ones you'll get with the car, keep them for 'Winter' wheels, and bung on those Damn lovely TSWs you got!!! :eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D

THAT would be the doggie's danglers! :cool::D

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 08:28 PM
My TSW dont fit the new mini I have been told:mad:

As for Lazer Blue, I wanted to be different in this place...well apart from me and IanKing of course :D

Spec sounds like mine too - chilli pack, chrome interior,piano black dash, red half leather,rear tints,exterior mirror pack,front arm rest,front spot lights.

Looking forward to pics from my new gang (sounds sooo bad as I really like my cooper , but times move on eh!)

ianking
9th April 2007, 08:33 PM
Sounds prety much like my spec, appart from you have red inside.

I will hopefully get some pics for you tonight.

Ian

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 08:34 PM
quote:ianking Posted - 09 Apr 2007 : 12:33:13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds prety much like my spec, appart from you have red inside.

I will hopefully get some pics for you tonight.

Ian

cant wait Ian, anything I should look out for or query with John Clarks while my car is being built????

I fancied the red to break up the black / grey inside...hope it works:cool:

ianking
9th April 2007, 09:07 PM
Have you added the anthracite roof as it goes very well with the dark colour of the car, particularly as you are getting tinted windows as well.

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 09:09 PM
the sales guy advised to stay away from it - i was going to!

He said itis too dark and enclosed , so the wife doesnt want it now:disapprove:

Question open to anyone - How much extra is the aerokit for the new R56 MCS? Im thinking of adding this.

Scottie
9th April 2007, 09:09 PM
I would say that your TSW's will fit the car I had set on my Mellow Yellow for a couple days until my nephew took them.

IMHO the best looking are the flame spoke.

Scottie
9th April 2007, 09:10 PM
Oh and if you do decide to fit your TSW's I have the bolts that will do the job for you. Just let me know,:D

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 09:12 PM
quote:ScottieCoop Posted - 09 Apr 2007 : 13:10:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and if you do decide to fit your TSW's I have the bolts that will do the job for you. Just let me know,

i would fit the TSW in a second if I knew they would fit..... who could tell me for sure??? Although if you had them on it pretty much confirms you can right? So the bolts I get with the alloys wont fit aftermarket wheels?

How much was your aerokit if you dont mind me asking:p

Scottie
9th April 2007, 09:16 PM

quote:ScottieCoop Posted - 09 Apr 2007 : 13:10:21
Oh and if you do decide to fit your TSW's I have the bolts that will do the job for you. Just let me know,

i would fit the TSW in a second if I knew they would fit..... who could tell me for sure??? Although if you had them on it pretty much confirms you can right? So the bolts I get with the alloys wont fit aftermarket wheels?

How much was your aerokit if you dont mind me asking:p

what style of TSW's are they.?? All I needed was different bolts thicker ones is the best I can do to describe them.

As I say they were on my R56 cooper with these bolts came off and went on to Ross;s Older Style Cooper using his bolts.

My Aero kit was something like £800 fitted (from memory)

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2007, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Cough-splutter-cough!!!! WTF?????:eek::eek::eek:

Mr Swan, I'll be on the phone today sometime!!!!!!

A.:D

T6 KFR
9th April 2007, 10:02 PM
quote:AndyP & Lenore Posted - 09 Apr 2007 : 13:47:08

quote:
Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Cough-splutter-cough!!!! WTF?????

Mr Swan, I'll be on the phone today sometime!!!!!!

A.

Is that reaction good or bad ? £800 sounds good I thought...:question:

ianking
9th April 2007, 10:30 PM
Yes thats a very good price indeed.

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2007, 10:30 PM
Is that reaction good or bad ? £800 sounds good I thought...:question:

It was an astonished reaction.

£800 is somewhat cheaper than I'm paying. To be honest, I suspect Fi's got her price wrong. From what I recall the factory painted body kits are fitted for about £1200 ish, although we are getting them for a fair bit less than that:approve:. Dealer painted are cheaper still.

Scottie
9th April 2007, 11:16 PM
Don't think I am that much out TBH. but then maybe I am maybe I ain't;) what's the going rate £1000?????

ianking
10th April 2007, 03:15 AM
Here are a couple pics I took tonight upon my return home from work. Not the best quality im afraid as the car isnt at its cleanest and I took the pics with my phone.
Gives you an idea what you have ordered though.
Ian

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/09042007102.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/09042007101.jpg

KenL
10th April 2007, 03:32 AM
I think the sponsoring dealer(s) were doing the aero kit for a special price. £950 or so rings a bell.

T6 KFR
10th April 2007, 04:18 AM
thanks for the pics Ian, thought I read you had the Aerokit?

Im going to call John Clark's tomorrow for prices

ianking
10th April 2007, 04:29 AM
No ive not got the aero kit although I fancy getting the skirts when they are available seperately.

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2007, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

No ive not got the aero kit although I fancy getting the skirts when they are available seperately.

The side skirts are available seperately, there is a special offer on Mini2 for them at £560 plus fitting,:eek::eek: but I would have thought that you would be better getting the whole kit for the extra £'s.

L

ianking
10th April 2007, 05:02 AM
I like the bumpers as they are though.
When the price of the skirts comes down a bit then I will get a pair.

illegalhunter
10th April 2007, 05:51 AM
I got mine for £950 & i ordered the roof spoiler as well & got the lot for £950 they never charged me the £130 for it lol.

Scottie
10th April 2007, 05:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

I got mine for £950 & i ordered the roof spoiler as well & got the lot for £950 they never charged me the £130 for it lol.

Who fitted your kit. Can you check around the side lights and tell me if you have big caps.??

illegalhunter
10th April 2007, 06:08 AM
Yes there kinda gappy Fi menzies fitted it.

Scottie
10th April 2007, 06:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

Yes there kinda gappy Fi menzies fitted it.

ok maybe that is how they are meant to be.

ajamesj
10th April 2007, 05:18 PM
TSW wheels will fit and u can use the orginal bolts that come with the R56. They are different thread size (M14x1.25)from the old R53/R50 mdl years which had a thread size of M12x1.5 I know this because I sold a set recently at my work and got caught out with the bolt thread size , I was then advised that u can use your orginal bolts because the spec is the same for the aftermarket wheel.

Hope this helps simply go put those Tsw on and enjoy

Andy

T6 KFR
10th April 2007, 08:49 PM
so many people saying they will / wont fit arrghhhhh!

Might just take the risk then and wait till june and fit them...cause I LOVE those TSW wheels.

Makes sense regarding the thread sizes etc... no reason why the wheels wont though!

Thanks Andy:)

Craig
10th April 2007, 09:06 PM
as an R56 Owner and someone who has put aftermarket wheels on one, the wheels will fit, the only difference is you have to use the new wheels bolts that come with the car. The stud pattern is the same.

:D:D:D:approve::approve::approve::approve:

T6 KFR
10th April 2007, 11:33 PM
well cheers Craig...thanks for good news, you too Andy!

BAD NEWS - just called John Clark doesnt look like I'll get the aerokit after all. £1650 I would be charged for the kit and fitting. No way I am giving them 2k for a bodykit. Thats just crazy.

How have you other folk managed 1200 or less... have I mug on my forehead!:mad:

ianking
10th April 2007, 11:44 PM
I think eastern were doing it for £950 fitted for NMS folks. Speak to big Norm

AndyP & Lenore
11th April 2007, 12:19 AM
£1650! Bollocks!

£950 fitted at Menzies (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10613) This offer has officially expired, but if you speak to Chris I'm sure he will help you out.

£950 at Eastern (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10611) No end date on this one, so not sure if it is still on offer or not. but a phone call is all it takes.

Bear in mind, both of these prices are for the body kit supplied to the dealer primed, not painted. The dealer then paints and fits. For our own reasons, we chose not to go down that route and we waited until the full factory painted kit was available. it's now sitting in Menzies waiting on our car.;)

PACMAN
11th April 2007, 02:10 AM
Kev, I would drive down the road to get the area kit fitted . JC's is a rip off merchant :disapprove::disapprove: at double the price !!!!:eek::eek:

T6 KFR
11th April 2007, 03:30 AM
i just dont get how they can try to charge me that the mini is already 20k, thought they might offer some kindness. I still think of the days you'd buy a car for cash and get money off:disapprove: