PDA

View Full Version : ouch !!!!!

stoney
7th April 2007, 09:40 PM
well this is from the paper yesterday http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=18866483%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

i suppy and fit the belts in this pace !!!!!!

must have been very silly 2 put ur arm in a moving conveyor bet tho !!!!!!:eek::eek:

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2007, 09:45 PM
Nasty.:(

A.:(

Mini Ecosse
8th April 2007, 03:58 AM
Would have thought guards were fitted to prevent this sort of accident.

stoney
8th April 2007, 04:57 AM
yes there are gards but the dum f**ks take them off when bit of sherded tyers get stuck between the rollers and the belt

they just pull it out when the belt is moving !!!!!!!

the real daft thing is about 6-9 months ago a diff guy got his hand stuck between the belt and a roller but he as lucky and keeped his hand !!!!!!

what they should do is stop the belt take all the tenshan off the the belt clean it then put the tenshan back on but this would take about 45 mins so they try 2 do it the quick way and look what happens !!!!!

i do belting for a living and have worked in this place meny of times and allways said some thing like this would happen !!!! as the staff dont a clue !!!!!

i would never stick my hand in a belt no mater how small or any over moving parts i have more sence than that

stoney:)

Moonshine
8th April 2007, 06:05 AM
A mate of mine is the MD of a engineering firm that CNC mills mylon for the oil industry. His general rile of thumb is that if you wouldn't put your boabie there...dont put yout hand / arm....seems like sound advice really!

G

illegalhunter
8th April 2007, 03:14 PM
Did anybody give him a hand then ? lol