PDA

View Full Version : ap brakes

T100L
3rd April 2007, 11:38 PM
ok after getting around to fitting them to my car, they wont fit! has anybody fitted them to a one/cooper/s ?? its kit number CP7611-1000

john
3rd April 2007, 11:45 PM
I fitted them to BonnieScotlands 's';)

sh@z
3rd April 2007, 11:45 PM
What you mean they don't fit??? :eek:

Alan (Bonnie Scotland) had an AP Brake setup on his old S

T100L
3rd April 2007, 11:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

What you mean they don't fit??? :eek:

Alan (Bonnie Scotland) had an AP Brake setup on his old S

there is no way that they are fitting on my car unless i use a 50mm spacer:disapprove:or get 22"rims, just thot that i could punt them on to a one/cooper/s if they fit them:D

MartinSullivan
4th April 2007, 12:02 AM
They wont fit behind standard 17" wheels if I remember rightly. What wheels are you running?

T100L
4th April 2007, 12:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

They wont fit behind standard 17" wheels if I remember rightly. What wheels are you running?
standard gp 18"s

sh@z
4th April 2007, 01:06 AM
Yeh, Alan needed to get new wheels (or ensure his aftermarket ones would fit) with the AP kit, you will find this with any big brake kit that only certain wheels will fit with them on.

AP (or whoever sold you the kit) should have mentioned this i guess.

I doubt they will fit on standard GP (or any mini) wheels due to the offsets mini uses which wont leave enough space for the APs to clear.

minidriver#1
4th April 2007, 01:53 AM
My brakes only fitted with 19inch wheels, luckily I already have 19 inch wheels lol. You need to make sure the wheel offset is the minimum required also.

Gorbash12346
4th April 2007, 07:00 AM
a new set of rota lightweight wheels with a damn big offset or some compomotive mo's in anthracite ... you know you want to lol

T100L
4th April 2007, 04:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

a new set of rota lightweight wheels with a damn big offset or some compomotive mo's in anthracite ... you know you want to lol

where u find em bud? might end up keeping the ap's after all

sh@z
4th April 2007, 09:28 PM
Get some OZ Superleggeras man! :D

T100L
4th April 2007, 09:46 PM
ok ,what size and kind of wheel make do i need to get these bad boys on?

sh@z
4th April 2007, 09:59 PM
Well firstly you will need to contact AP (or Bonnie Scotland) and find out what offset you need to be able to clear the brakes.

Then basically you just pick the wheels you want in the appropriate offset. I'd say the OZ's cos they look the dogs.. plus they are super light so they will be a performance enhancement also. I don't rate rota's since they are more replica wheels and on the cheaper end, but they are nice wheels too, friend has a set on his civic and they do look good.

Gismo
4th April 2007, 10:01 PM
We've already talked, sadly i don't know what the offset on my Detroit F1's were, so long ago now.
But, the AP's should never have been sold to you without them advising what offset you needed

sh@z
4th April 2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah true, but an assumption to be made about any big brake kit would be that not all wheels will clear your own wheels, but yeah you're right that whoever they were bought from should have advised T100L.

T100L
4th April 2007, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Yeah true, but an assumption to be made about any big brake kit would be that not all wheels will clear your own wheels, but yeah you're right that whoever they were bought from should have advised T100L.

Cheers peeps, just emailed ap, so see what they come back with, did not want to change the wheels yet, but do love the look of the ap's and got a good deal on them, do love the oz's or comps thou:p:D

Gorbash12346
5th April 2007, 05:08 AM
http://www.performancealloys.com/results_search.asp?procedure=wheels_by_car

http://www.performancealloys.com/images/products/wheels/close/rlsilver.jpg

http://www.performancealloys.com/images/products/wheels/large/rlsilver.jpg

somehow i think these have a large enough offset lol

vintageb3
5th April 2007, 05:29 AM
Yes and one too many of those little stud things than required...;)

mark

Gorbash12346
7th April 2007, 04:01 AM
multi fitment ;)

vintageb3
7th April 2007, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

multi fitment ;)

Fit?

;)

mark

Gorbash12346
9th April 2007, 03:00 AM
they list them as having mini fitment.. whats the bore on the mini etc and i'll e-mail compomotive about wether they do them for definite