PDA

View Full Version : Toying with chopping in the 120d for a MINI

Moonshine
3rd April 2007, 07:16 AM
What are the thoughts....i was in seeing clare at menzies last week - might get a 2nd hand MCS instead of the 120d....:eek:

gerry

CooperTrooper
3rd April 2007, 07:18 AM
:D you know it makes sense :p

vintageb3
3rd April 2007, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

What are the thoughts....i was in seeing clare at menzies last week - might get a 2nd hand MCS instead of the 120d....:eek:

gerry

You're not getting your bloody wheels back!:D

mark

ianking
3rd April 2007, 04:36 PM
I traded a mini in for a 120D sport and liked the BMW for about a month or so but was then missing the mini. Traded the BMW in after about 7 months to get another mini. Then missed the power the 120D had so then 12 months later traded that mini in for a Cooper S. So I think if you want to go back to a mini then a Cooper S would be best as its got the same poke as the 120D.
For long journeys the 120D was far better but for fun the mini wins hands down.

Moonshine
3rd April 2007, 04:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

You're not getting your bloody wheels back!:D

mark

hehehehehe!!!:):D

KenL
3rd April 2007, 06:05 PM
How about an R56 MCS?

Moonshine
3rd April 2007, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

How about an R56 MCS?

Part of the reason to change is I'm toying with moving house and i could do with freeing up a bit of monthly spend from the car to add to the mortgage and a new R56 MCS wouln't represent a significant saving.

I'm also not that keen on the R56 interior either TBH - and i quite like the supercharger!

Gerry

ianking
3rd April 2007, 08:32 PM
When I traded in my 120D I got a big suprise. I shopped about several different dealers and there was a big difference in price for it. Either way though I took a big hit with it as it was dropping like a stone in value each month.
I was used to the mini that dropped about £50 per month whereas the BMW was about £500 per month.
It might make better sense to keep it longer as im sure you got it fairly recently did you not.

Clare1
4th April 2007, 12:31 AM
Gerry,

I think you would be much better trading in!!:p;):cool:

You know it makes sense!!

Moonshine
4th April 2007, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Gerry,

I think you would be much better trading in!!:p;):cool:

You know it makes sense!!

no vested interest or the like ......:):D:p