PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seats

japper
2nd April 2007, 09:32 PM
Just covered 12k miles since new ( 9 months ) and despite regular use of leather cream, my drivers side seat bolster is slightly scuffed. Dealer say's it's the way I get in catching it with my backside. I'm 6ft tall and slim built so seat is pretty far back and thus if I catch it most people must too.

I believe the leather is either sub std. or unfit for purpose. Anybody had the same and got it replaced / repaired under warranty ?.

Especially if the dealer was JC Aberdeen.

Thanks,

J.

The Dogfather
2nd April 2007, 10:14 PM
Not fit for purpose simple as that

john
2nd April 2007, 10:24 PM
I had my drivers seat cover replaced under warranty on my first cooper, by JCs in Aberdeen;)

japper
2nd April 2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks John,

Was it the same problem with yours, and which techie did you deal with, Roddie ?.

john
2nd April 2007, 10:36 PM
The leather was all loose and saggy and yes it was Roddy

japper
3rd April 2007, 11:49 PM
Well after much hassle and standing my ground the Service manager agreed to replacement, though only this time because it's definately my belt;), felt like hitting him with it. So in his eyes BMW are doing me a £300 favour.......yep that'll be right:p

Stealers eh !!

vintageb3
4th April 2007, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by japper

Well after much hassle and standing my ground the Service manager agreed to replacement, though only this time because it's definately my belt;), felt like hitting him with it. So in his eyes BMW are doing me a £300 favour.......yep that'll be right:p

Stealers eh !!

Can you take a pic of what the wear looks like...and post it here?

Thanks

mark

Gorbash12346
4th April 2007, 06:57 AM
a certain dealers change them under warranty... ahem the stitching has burst ahem... ;)

japper
4th April 2007, 06:06 PM
Burst the stiching...ahem, that's exactly what my salesman told me to do. Apparently not for the first time:D

I'll try and post pics later today.

japper
5th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Well I was going to take pic but everytime I got in the car the scuffed leather got on my nerves and it's not being replaced till mid next week. Answer, I used a charcoal coloured felt tip pen to colour in the ( lighter ) graze. Trouble is it's that good a disguise it's hard to get in pictures.

Anyone wanting the position of where mine started to wear out can do the following. Open door and pull the seat belt around the seat tightly. Where the black circular rivet ( that stops the buckle dropping to the floor ) passes the seam of the side bolster marks the spot and size of scuff. This is exactly why I think the seat belt is to blame. I have also bought a pair of the BMW Mini seat belt holders to stop this problem happening again.