PDA

View Full Version : JCW Sound Kit Back Box Baffles

Ivano
30th March 2007, 04:37 PM
It seems my JCW Sound Kit Back Box baffles are rattling, which normally means they have gone. I am very surprised at this considering it is a stainless steel system and should have a lifetime warranty. The car is a 2005 model with only 13500 miles on the clock. This shouldn't happen should it???? when you bang the back box from underneath you can hear the rattle.

I have called Fairbairn's about this along with my gearbox problem to look at it and car has been booked in. I just hope that the JCW back box is covered under warranty and will be replaced accordingly

This happened to anyone else?????

Craig
30th March 2007, 05:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ivano

It seems my JCW Sound Kit Back Box baffles are rattling, which normally means they have gone. I am very surprised at this considering it is a stainless steel system and should have a lifetime warranty. The car is a 2005 model with only 13500 miles on the clock. This shouldn't happen should it???? when you bang the back box from underneath you can hear the rattle.

I have called Fairbairn's about this along with my gearbox problem to look at it and car has been booked in. I just hope that the JCW back box is covered under warranty and will be replaced accordingly

This happened to anyone else?????

yes, this happened to me.. (shock eh, me having problems with a MINI ;))

the baffles in my JCW Exhaust went after about 6 months of use. All replaced under warranty (eventually :D)

Ivano
30th March 2007, 06:29 PM
Cheers for letting me know

Wul
2nd April 2007, 04:46 AM
ditto for mine - replaced under warranty after 6 months!

Ivano
5th April 2007, 04:12 PM
JCW Exhaust is going to replaced under warranty by Fairbairn's

Craig
5th April 2007, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ivano

JCW Exhaust is going to replaced under warranty by Fairbairn's

Good News :D

Ivano
5th April 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, bit of a relief as they are not cheap i believe....

Mon the fish
6th April 2007, 12:49 AM
Has this happened to anyone's JCW S exhaust? 2 silencers there to possibly go wrong :eek:

Neil and Lorna
6th April 2007, 02:35 AM
26000 miles on mine.:D
No sign yet of any problems.:cool:

Neil.:):)

Mon the fish
6th April 2007, 05:33 AM
42500 on mine :eek:

Popping a lot today, but she's running like a dream :D