PDA

View Full Version : Just poppin by to say Hi

travelingmcmahans
29th January 2004, 09:44 AM
I'm still waiting on my Mini. It has been built, and is hopefully on its way. It doesn't seem like it's been a month since we were there. We are having a cold winter, and since returning from Scotland, I can't seem to get warm.:eek:
I haven't been on Mini2 much lately, I'm planning our next Big Trip. We're going to Denmark, Tallin, St Petersburg:D, Stockholm and Helsinki via a cruise, which is a first for me. It's my 30th birthday :I extravaganza. I wish some Mini people in those countries would give me as warm a welcome as we had in Scotland!

Gismo
29th January 2004, 09:55 AM
Hi Dana, glad you enjoyed your visit, and you'll soon be 30 :I you don't look a day over 21 8) anyway, many thanks for the card, not that i've seen it yet as i'm away working, nightshift too :cool:

travelingmcmahans
29th January 2004, 10:38 AM
you are up late! Brian says to tell you he is watching a show on History channel about offshore oil drilling in the North Sea. (I must add, he is getting an education, so hopefully if we see you again when Brian has been medicated and drinking many pints he will not ask you so many questions about your job! ;))

Gismo
29th January 2004, 11:32 AM
Yep, i'm on nightshift so can surf for most of the evening, no MSN though but access to the MINI sites.
Bitterly cold here too, 100 knot winds at the moment, am shut down for the weather, no one working outside, bet the history channel don't show that bit ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
29th January 2004, 08:01 PM
quote:you are up late! Brian says to tell you he is watching a show on History channel about offshore oil drilling in the North Sea.

Keep a look out for Alan then, he's ancient history ;):D

Seriously, if it features is old footage of an inspection sub, the photographer working in it is my mate Ted. It was originally filmed by National Geographic in 1979, he even featured on the front cover of the magazine.

Mini Martyn
29th January 2004, 08:18 PM
1979 - thats a good year!! :D

travelingmcmahans
29th January 2004, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

quote:you are up late! Brian says to tell you he is watching a show on History channel about offshore oil drilling in the North Sea.

Keep a look out for Alan then, he's ancient history ;):D

Seriously, if it features is old footage of an inspection sub, the photographer working in it is my mate Ted. It was originally filmed by National Geographic in 1979, he even featured on the front cover of the magazine.

That's cool! But evidently it was a show about one that exploded in the 80s.
Your friend must be quite a photographer. What a job!:)

Gismo
30th January 2004, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by travelingmcmahans
That's cool! But evidently it was a show about one that exploded in the 80s.That would most likely have been the Piper Alpha :( June 1987, i was about 5 miles from it and could actually see it as it exploded :disapprove:

Big Col
30th January 2004, 05:45 AM
I still remember that even though I was only 8. I was watching the news as my mum was making dinner or something and rushed in to turn it off. A little too late as it turned out. I had nightmares for a few nights so she tells me, though thankfully I don't remember them. Must have been horrible for you to actually see it BS. :(

weefossy
30th January 2004, 07:37 AM
"Off Topic & Banter" we need to rename this forum "Off Shore & Baltic"