PDA

View Full Version : exterior plastic

Gordons_cooper_wrks
30th March 2007, 04:00 AM
Wats the best long lasting exterior plastic treatment. Ive tried various stuff but as soon as it rains, it washes off or its goes sticky and all the dust sticks to it.

Craig
30th March 2007, 05:15 AM
Turtle Wax Extreme Speed Wax (now called Nano Tech).

I (and MarkyC) use it and I think it's great.. :D:D Your arches have to be really clean before you apply it, then it's a doddle to keep clean.:approve::approve:

Scottie
30th March 2007, 05:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

I (and MarkyC) use it and I think it's great.. :D:D Your arches have to be really clean before you apply it, then it's a doddle to keep clean.:approve::approve:

and us:D ditto

KenL
31st March 2007, 05:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Did you really mean WAX for the black trim?

N12 JLK
31st March 2007, 05:32 AM
Oh yes wax , I always used various goodies to darken my trim on the MINI but MrC and mrD changed my views and all I use now is turtle wax nano wax, ok I used this from when the car was new 12 weeks ago but it is great, the rain beads off and just a quick rub evey weekend brings it back.
I could only find a picture of the old bottle but it is now called nano tec wax by turtle wax.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/speedwax.jpg

Gordons_cooper_wrks
31st March 2007, 06:22 AM
cheers. Im off to halfords! :cool:

ianking
31st March 2007, 06:25 PM
However, if you havnt cared for the plastic in some time it may need a couple of coats of a plastic restorer 1st as this turtle wax is simply a protectant wax.
I use it on my car as well but I have used it from when the car was new.
When we got Sarah's last car (convertible) it hadnt been cleaned and cared for that much so I had to put a good few layers of the mini plastic care stuff on 1st so that it made it look nice and black again. Then I sealed it up with the turtle wax.