PDA

View Full Version : F A O jhon and mini saltire

stoney
30th March 2007, 01:39 AM
i am looking 2 take my car on the track but would like inshurance for it was just wondering if u could give me any poniters on where 2 go for it and about how much will it cost me ?????

thanx in advance

stoney

john
30th March 2007, 02:29 AM
We dont insure them but if its for track days some normal road policies will allow you to add this as an option for very little cost.

stoney
30th March 2007, 06:09 AM
cool thanx stoney

vintageb3
1st April 2007, 06:43 AM
Rob...

I don't want to sound like an old fart here...but I thought I would bring to your attention something that you may not have thought about with your planned trip to Knockhill. I'm not trying to put you off or dampen your enthusiasm about the sport...but thought I would mention this. I too would love to try my car on a track...well...to be honest my car with race wheels and stickies on.

I just went to pick up some mirror caps and a scoop that I have had sprayed by a mate. I told him that I had been up at Knockhill watching the MINI's last weekend. I told him how I enjoyed watching the cars. I went on to tell him that a few of the guys from NMS were going to take their own cars on to the track sometime soon. He looked at me with a look that would kill!..He said..."Hope your not putting your bloody car on a track!!!???...not with all the work we've just done to the paint work!!!!"

He then told me that his mate took his car to Knockhill for a track meet a few years ago and came away without spinning out or crashing...but! did get a huge chip in his screen and needed to totally re-spray the bonnet and one side of his car because the car in front drove into the chips at the side of the track.

I know that Knockhill have track cars you can hire...OK...maybe not a MINI...but at least your bonnie car would still be bonnie after the meet.

OK...I'm just an old fart...

mark;);)

AeroJonny
1st April 2007, 10:22 AM
my mate puts his exige on the track at knockhill and his bro put his old clio williams and will soon be putting his Evo on the track...dont think there's a huge issue.

I think Sweeney's dad put his cars on the track there too so he may be able to chip in his tuppence worth too ;)

john
1st April 2007, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

Rob...

I don't want to sound like an old fart here...but I thought I would bring to your attention something that you may not have thought about with your planned trip to Knockhill. I'm not trying to put you off or dampen your enthusiasm about the sport...but thought I would mention this. I too would love to try my car on a track...well...to be honest my car with race wheels and stickies on.

I just went to pick up some mirror caps and a scoop that I have had sprayed by a mate. I told him that I had been up at Knockhill watching the MINI's last weekend. I told him how I enjoyed watching the cars. I went on to tell him that a few of the guys from NMS were going to take their own cars on to the track sometime soon. He looked at me with a look that would kill!..He said..."Hope your not putting your bloody car on a track!!!???...not with all the work we've just done to the paint work!!!!"

He then told me that his mate took his car to Knockhill for a track meet a few years ago and came away without spinning out or crashing...but! did get a huge chip in his screen and needed to totally re-spray the bonnet and one side of his car because the car in front drove into the chips at the side of the track.

I know that Knockhill have track cars you can hire...OK...maybe not a MINI...but at least your bonnie car would still be bonnie after the meet.

mark;);)

You OLD FART!!:D

mini saltire
2nd April 2007, 02:47 AM

Rob...

mark;);)

Hi Mark,

Your prayers have been answered!!! If you go to http://www.ifmotorsport.com/info2.cfm?info_id=38734 you will see that you can do the Mini Experience which you can do in either a race prepared Cooper or the Daddy Cooper S!! Its not too bad value for money either and its at Knockhill.:D:D:D

Now I'm warning you... this is how it all started for me!!;)

Letting people know about the Mini Experience might be worth its own thread? Maybe once you have done it Mark...

vintageb3
2nd April 2007, 03:59 AM
Oh dear...I'm sorely tempted...

Could be fun knowing that it isn't my car that's going to get rolled!

:D

RyanK
2nd April 2007, 04:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by mini saltire

Rob...

mark;);)

Hi Mark,

Your prayers have been answered!!! If you go to http://www.ifmotorsport.com/info2.cfm?info_id=38734 you will see that you can do the Mini Experience which you can do in either a race prepared Cooper or the Daddy Cooper S!! Its not too bad value for money either and its at Knockhill.:D:D:D

Now I'm warning you... this is how it all started for me!!;)

Letting people know about the Mini Experience might be worth its own thread? Maybe once you have done it Mark...

Also mega tempted by this:D

stoney
3rd April 2007, 04:40 AM
well i am changing my insurance on the 22nd so will be asking about it then

sedgie
3rd April 2007, 04:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

Lol Rob if you crash.....just get towed out to ditch n say u crashed!;);):D

mini saltire
3rd April 2007, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

quote:Originally posted by stone

Lol Rob if you crash.....just get towed out to ditch n say u crashed!;);):D

I know, it is incredible how many cars have an accident just outside Knockhill!!;);););)