PDA

View Full Version : stone chips

Gordons_cooper_wrks
28th March 2007, 04:26 AM
Wats the best way to cover up or get rid of stone chips from my bonnet. My car is hyper blue, i wasnt sure if mabey that blue polish stuff would do it. I polished the car the other day and it makes the chips stand out. Ive tried using touch up paint but is looks pish to say the least. Please help.

N12 JLK
28th March 2007, 04:30 AM
A nice tartan rug;)

sedgie
28th March 2007, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

Wats the best way to cover up or get rid of stone chips from my bonnet. My car is hyper blue, i wasnt sure if mabey that blue polish stuff would do it. I polished the car the other day and it makes the chips stand out. Ive tried using touch up paint but is looks pish to say the least. Please help.

Hehe respray:p:D:D

Alfie
28th March 2007, 06:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

If using touch up paint - DONT USE THE BRUSH YOU GET WITH IT - use a needle to dip in the paint and apply - improved accuracy guaranteed (bodyshop tip)

Wul
28th March 2007, 04:18 PM
Yup as alfie says or the tip of a cocktail stick - and build it up in thin layers - don't be tempted to stick a big blob on the chip. There is also a product called langka which you can use to smooth the touch up back down level with the paint. It's tricky stuff though.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
29th March 2007, 04:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Yup as alfie says or the tip of a cocktail stick - and build it up in thin layers - don't be tempted to stick a big blob on the chip. There is also a product called langka which you can use to smooth the touch up back down level with the paint. It's tricky stuff though.

Ive gto some t cut scratch remover, will that do the trick??. I will ive the cocktail stick/ needle a go. Cheers :cool:

Wul
29th March 2007, 04:41 AM
T-Cut will be too abrasive and will also thin the clear coat around - langka is supposed to only flatten the paint blob.

More info and buy it here (http://www.frost.co.uk/item_detail.asp?productID=8221)

vintageb3
9th May 2007, 09:51 PM
I've been using a method which i'm quite happy with..Its along the same lines a Langka...but I'm using a solvent called Ultrasolve, which I get from Radio Spares...and its cheaper than a Langka kit!

I happened to come across a webpage where a guy had tried various solvents in a Langka procedure.

I had the stuff on my shelf...so I thought I would try it

Here it is here:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,3&Board=clean&Number=992563&Searchpage=1&Main=992520&Words=+Speedywheels&topic=&Search=true

I'm now trying the same thing for the clear coat over the stonechip

mark

illegalhunter
9th May 2007, 09:56 PM
do the touch ups with a ****tail stick with the min of paint on it , it works a dream no big blobs of paint everwhere.

vintageb3
9th May 2007, 10:02 PM
do the touch ups with a ****tail stick with the min of paint on it , it works a dream no big blobs of paint everwhere.

I do use a coctail stick...but using the above method...you don't have to worry about the size of the blob...in fact...a wee bit bigger is better as the paint shrinks back

mark

Burple
9th May 2007, 10:14 PM

Lol.. I was just having a nosey in here and noticed the filter on "c0ck"tail stick! Bwaaahahahahahahahah... Juvenile humour is ace :D:D

Wul
10th May 2007, 03:39 PM
LOL - now we'll need to adapt to swear on here - just like work email - tee hee!