PDA

View Full Version : Alta V2 intercooler air diverter w/ sprayer

bigcoyote
27th March 2007, 11:47 AM
Hey all,

I just installed my Alta diverter this weekend - works great :D. Definately adds some power on warm days or between hard runs. Very easy to install ( heck, I did it in an afternoon ).

I posted some photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigcoyote/sets/72157600029021858/

:cool:

Big Col
27th March 2007, 02:58 PM
Heh. I was just about to post "Warm days! It's March!!!" Then I remembered you were stateside! :D

The Dogfather
27th March 2007, 03:33 PM
Hey, it was 17C in Preston yesterday! Or so the Missus said:D

bigcoyote
27th March 2007, 10:08 PM
We just had a heat wave here - for about a week, temps about 20F above normal.
We were at or above 90F - IN MARCH!!!! I think this summer is going to be nasty:(

Our normal March temps are in the low to mid 70F 's .

illegalhunter
27th March 2007, 11:04 PM
Wwe can only hope for those sort of temps in high summer . Whats happened to global warming over here

Big Gordy
27th March 2007, 11:29 PM
Global warming in our case just means wetter:dead: :p:D:approve:

vintageb3
28th March 2007, 01:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by bigcoyote

Hey all,

I just installed my Alta diverter this weekend - works great :D. Definately adds some power on warm days or between hard runs. Very easy to install ( heck, I did it in an afternoon ).

Hi John...

How does this work...like I mean how and when does it spray water?...manually or automatically?

Thnaks

mark

bigcoyote
28th March 2007, 03:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

quote:Originally posted by bigcoyote

Hey all,

Hi John...

How does this work...like I mean how and when does it spray water?...manually or automatically?

Thnaks

mark

Mark,

The sprayer is hooked to the rear washer tank and you can either leave the rear washer / wiper connected ( it will "cycle" when you activate it ) -- or you can disconnect it totally and only the intercooler will spray when you use the rear washer switch.

I disconnected the rear washer / wiper totally and unpluged the wireing harness from the rear wiper motor - so when I activate the rear washer switch - the intercooler sprayer is the only thing that works. I am working a installing a inline valve so I can turn the rear washer on when I need it. But here in Arizona in the summer - you don't need it much :cool:

You do have to manualy use the rear washer switch to spray the intercooler -- some people have installed stand alone sprayer systems that have thermostats & RPM triggers - so it sprays automaticly when ever it is needed. One guy even has a sprayer connected to his ECU and it sprays whenever the throttle is open 75% or more.

I just went with the "stock" system for now -- maybe I'll get fancy later :D

vintageb3
28th March 2007, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the explanation John...I thought that a RPM related system was how this worked.

I think a RPM related spary would be the way to go...but how would you implement that...hmmm

Isn't it hard to guess when you need to spray?...well I suppose a spray would last some time.

Hope you enjoy the new mod anyway!

mark