PDA

View Full Version : Quad Bike with Towbar

Craig
27th March 2007, 06:17 AM
Do you own a Quad Bike with Towbar? Do you know someone that does?

The reason I ask is that I do a bit of work with the Scout Association and we are looking to borrow a quad from a generous type person for a day (Sat 26th May to be exact) as our local area are having a large event to commemorate 100 Years of Scouting at the local camping ground near Denny. This will be attended by hundreds of People (Scouts, Visitors, Kids of all ages).

We need the quad to transport equipment up through the wood with the minimal damage to the ground (it will fit on the pathways). I have already secured a suitable trailer, therefore I just need the quad to pull it.

If you could help, that would be amazing, I can come and collect/drop back off no problem. Email me if you like. :D

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:38 AM
not a towbar but is it something like this you are after

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/IMG_0262.jpg

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:38 AM
don't the local law firm you work for have a Quad.;):p:p

Craig
27th March 2007, 06:40 AM
nope they don't have one - yes that's the very thing :D

somebody you know?

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:41 AM
yes and I have just asked him if he knows of anyone in our area. Will get back to you.

Craig
27th March 2007, 06:42 AM
Thanks Fi, yer a star :approve::approve:

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:42 AM
Get Markyc to ask Niel Bowser (he will know who I mean ) he has a Quad. Might be covered in sheep sh1t mind.

Craig
27th March 2007, 06:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Get Markyc to ask Niel Bowser (he will know who I mean ) he has a Quad. Might be covered in sheep sh1t mind.

I've already tried all of Marks contacts and those at my work... running out of people..;)

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:56 AM
Craig, Just spoken with my friend Buster (Richard) I have gave him the details from this thread re why you want the Quad.

He helps out with his local Scout group and always likes to help others when he can. His driver (John)is often up this way. It could be possible he might send him with one of his Quads we will see what he says and if it's good I will pass on your mobile
Oviously if a local comes up with the goods then that would be great.

Scottie
27th March 2007, 07:14 AM
right then Craig you have an offer for a Quad for the day from Richard. Do you want to take it. He is more than happy to come up with his.??

Craig
27th March 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes Please Fiona, that would be superb. Give me a ring today. :D

Big Gordy
27th March 2007, 04:21 PM
Jings:eek: you scouts have got awfie soft in your old age:evil: Just carry the stuff like we had to in the old days;) I take it you are refering to the good old Bar Wood Craig:approve:

Craig
27th March 2007, 05:46 PM
yes, and to be honest the boys still have to carry their stuff :approve::approve: just like I had to ;)

this is to transport things like bouncy castles etc.. :D:D:approve:

Scottie
27th March 2007, 06:00 PM
have you tried these guys to see if they want to do anything.

http://www.atvxtreme.com/

Craig
28th March 2007, 03:45 AM
Fiona, this guy Buster (Richard), he's not from the Helensburgh area by any chance is he ? If so, I think I might have met him before..

Did you pass on my details ?:D

Scottie
28th March 2007, 05:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Fiona, this guy Buster (Richard), he's not from the Helensburgh area by any chance is he ? If so, I think I might have met him before..

No he is from Leicester :eek::eek:

Don't think his Quad has a tow bar. Didn't realise you needed one with:I:I:I

Big Gordy
28th March 2007, 04:16 PM
Just get the scouts to practise there knot tieing skills and just lash the trailer on:D....on second thoughts maybe not a good idea;) :p:D:approve:

Craig
28th March 2007, 05:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

No he is from Leicester :eek::eek:

Don't think his Quad has a tow bar. Didn't realise you needed one with:I:I:I

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

the answer was in the question (and the title of the post) ;)

oh well, back to square one... tell him thanks anyway...:D

Anyone else ?