PDA

View Full Version : Dont Worry About The Snow.... :-(

ny152
28th January 2004, 02:30 AM
... Its the sunshine you have to watch for :(

Popped out of work at lunchtime to buy a newspaper and got blinded by the sun turning a corner. Heard the loud "whack" noise as I hit a traffic island and pulled over as soon as I could see safely.

When I looked it wasn't as bad as it sounded (thankfully), but bad enough anyway. The front driver tyre was totally flat and there was a series of scrapes going along the bottom of the black rubber side spoiler, plus a dodgy looking alloy with a lot of marks on it :blackeye:

Just back from the dealers and the only cost was £68 for a new Pirelli 15". The alloy looks okay now apart from a wee chunk out of it thats not too bad. They put the car up on the ramp and said everything was okay underneath, so at least that was one a good thing.

Not sure now if the tracking is okay or not, need to give it a right drive tomorrow to check.

This also gave me a first (hopefully last) chance to try out MINI Emergency Services. They were very good and had a truck out inside 15 minutes. On the downside the dealership wasn't the fastest at getting things done and when I asked the cost of the MINI Spa Valet was told, after some research, that it was £120 for a medium valet - goodness knows what a full valet would cost :eek:

I wont name the dealer because the sales folk have always been good but if this was a taste of their service side, then I think I may look further afield when it comes to routine servicing (maybe Menzies Stirling).

Ah well, just had to share my sadness with some fellow MINI folks. Nobody else would understand properly!!

GOLDMINI.

Gismo
28th January 2004, 04:32 AM
Glad to hear all is ok and there is no body damage, you got a good deal on a tyre as well

sh@z
28th January 2004, 05:01 AM
glad everything was ok ... and you got a good price on your tyre..

the low sun can be a right hazard tho :(

Willie M
28th January 2004, 04:26 PM
Oooouucchh !!! :eek: Sorry to hear about you're wee mishap Alan, glad thing's werent too bad in the end though. You certainly did get a good deal on the new tyre.

Agree with Sh@z, the sun sitting lower in the sky at this time of year can be a real blighter.