PDA

View Full Version : Off Shore Jobs?

-Sy-
23rd March 2007, 08:21 PM
Hello all, Currently loking for a change of direction in life and concidering off shore work. Does anyone recomend it?, What short of training is required for it?

Sy

BigSwanMiniMan
23rd March 2007, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure Mr Boyes will be along very soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpirie1000
23rd March 2007, 09:06 PM
First of al you'll need your Survival.. Bosiet. Basic offshore Survival.dum de dum can't remember the rest dum de dum..

Then it depends on what you do at the moment.

But anything is possible. Really Helps if you have some sort of Back ground in Engineering or Electrical Or Something Oil related.

But beware that Offshore life isn't as glamourous as folk say. There are some real Lumps of Rust out there and you have to live on them.....

rpn
23rd March 2007, 09:08 PM
Sy,

What type of work you are thinking of? Are you a technician? engineer? a sparkie or mechical?

I been working in the offshore industries for over 30 years (ooops! :I give my age away here!). Now I'm mainly office based. Don't want to go back offshore again if I can help it!

ianking
23rd March 2007, 09:10 PM
If one were to have a degree in 'Design Engineering' with experience working with AutoCad and Geographical Information Systems would that be the kind of thing that potential employers in the oil industry would look for.

rpn
23rd March 2007, 09:13 PM
In addition to the Offshore Survival course, where you have to escape from a up-side-down helicopter (in training) you also have to pass a medical every two years!

Burple
23rd March 2007, 10:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

If one were to have a degree in 'Design Engineering'

heh.. "Rule 1: No Poooftas.." *

Lol.. sorry.. I thought you said 'Interior Design' there.. ;):p:p:D:D

*Give yourself a virtual Cookie if you get the quote :D

euan
23rd March 2007, 10:16 PM
Someone asks about jobs and you start dropping Python quotes in there ;) Ah the wicked way of NMS :):)

Burple
23rd March 2007, 10:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Someone asks about jobs and you start dropping Python quotes in there ;) Ah the wicked way of NMS :):)

:D:D Got No job info I'm afraid.. but on the other hand the temptation was too much :D

bpirie1000
23rd March 2007, 11:04 PM
Ewan you have the job of being the joker. Class keep Monty going

oh and "I am no the masia I am a very naughty boy."

cheers Brian