PDA

View Full Version : F A O any one that is going 2 oxford

stoney
23rd March 2007, 05:05 AM
i was on the phone 2 lohen 2day having a wee chat on what 2 do next for my car :p:eek: i was saying we where coming down 2 oxford and would like 2 pop in on the sataday on the way home but they are not open on satadays :( but they said if there was a group of us they may see what they may be able 2 do some thing for us !!!!! but they need 2 know avrege nums !!!! so if u fancy it let me know

Stoney

minimad t
23rd March 2007, 08:18 AM
hi rob i was wanting to get eibach springs fitted so count me in cheers:)

weefossy
26th March 2007, 05:00 AM
Rob, we might be up for that too.

stoney
26th March 2007, 09:18 AM
think we will need a few more as they will be opening just for us !!!!

Gismo
26th March 2007, 12:06 PM
I think you'll have to consider how many more people would make it viable anyway, Imagine if you turn up with 8 cars all wanting springs, i'd hate to be the last guy getting them installed.
Approx 2 hours for spring change and all that involves

ELFMAN
29th March 2007, 11:10 PM
I missed this separate thread... but we were mentioning this topic on the Meets/Social/Oxford one.

On reflection, I agree with Bonnie Scotland - if Lohen need a good few folks to open up on a Saturday, and if most of those want bits fitted, we'll be there for HOURS, with a LONG drive still to go. Are they (maybe) opening just so we can have a look round at what they have to offer, or are they aware that they'll be fitting bits? I don't expect they'll have a full compliment of staff on just for us. There's obviously a difference between “Popping In on the way home” and getting your suspension changed - it'll have to be realigned and set up after fitting too - and then multiply that by 3 or 4.... I'd make sure you and Lohen are both on the same wavelength about the purpose of the visit.

I reckon I might just wait and get the Intercooler directly from GRS and fit it at home, when I'm not pushed for time. Last Oxford Tour, we went to the Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon on the way home for a couple of hours which was good, but hanging around (albeit for a good cause) for hours in a workshop doesn't really appeal that much. Then again, I am a Werther-munching Old Fart......and NO, we're NOT going to MINI SPORT instead Tony!!!!!!!!

minimad t
30th March 2007, 08:40 AM
oh for foxes glacier fruits euan :Dps spoke to carlo on wednesday he says he can make those jcw stickers for you no problem give him a bell:)

ELFMAN
30th March 2007, 04:22 PM
Ta Tony, will do when I get over the busy period at work. Any advance on the 'Lohen theory'?

ps - I'm much more of a 'Toblerone man' - these wee assorted 'bite-size' ones in the box...pity I'm off the choccies..and chips...and beer...What a life.

weefossy
31st March 2007, 12:35 AM
I thought we were going to Lohen to "have a look" at what was on offer and perhaps book in for a future date. I didn't expect to get anything done on the day!

stoney
31st March 2007, 01:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

I thought we were going to Lohen to "have a look" at what was on offer and perhaps book in for a future date. I didn't expect to get anything done on the day!

that was the same as me i will phone them on monday and see what they say ;)

ELFMAN
2nd April 2007, 04:50 PM
Like Bonnie Scotland - I was under the impression that you guys were actually looking to get work carried out on the day..... Must get my prescription changed.

I wouldn't mind a look at their gear though - maybe pick up a couple of wee items for the car if something takes my fancy.

Gismo
3rd April 2007, 01:03 AM
If we are only going for a looky, i might be up for that :p

stoney
3rd April 2007, 04:32 AM
ok not had time 2 phone 2 day will do it 2morw :)