PDA

View Full Version : Smart Cars..

Burple
22nd March 2007, 10:24 PM
Apparently the SmartForTwo is to go on sale in the good ol' US of A in 2008..

Will anyone buy one? Can any 'Merkins FIT in one?? :D:D

Little Clicky Linky (http://blog.wired.com/cars/new_vehicles/index.html)

The Dogfather
22nd March 2007, 10:26 PM
They've made it a bigger this time round though. Not connected but has anyone seen the new Fiat 500, preetty car........

ianking
22nd March 2007, 10:47 PM
New Fiat 500 looks amazing. Its on the front of this weeks Auto Express. Whwn they bring out the Abarth version I will be so so tempted (for Sarah though, not me). I heard that there may be a remake of the Lancia Fulvia as well, that would also be of real interest to me. I sometimes co-drive a series II fulvia in a classic rally series with a boy I know. I sometimes use the car for some grass autotests as well (great fun)

The Dogfather
22nd March 2007, 10:54 PM
I love italian cars but they're a bit of a risk when it comes to reliability. I seriously considered a 147 JTD before plumping for the Vectra.

Burple
22nd March 2007, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

They've made it a bigger this time round though. Not connected but has anyone seen the new Fiat 500, preetty car........

Er... yeah... it's at the top of that link ;):p:p:D

The Dogfather
23rd March 2007, 12:25 AM
:I I'd never clicked the link as I knew all about the new Smart

Burple
23rd March 2007, 12:41 AM
It does look nice actually...
And probably not as slow as the old one either

"This time around, buyers have three engines to choose from: a 75hp 1.3-liter 16-valve multijet turbodiesel and two gas (Petrol) engines producing 69hp (1.2-liter, 8-valve) and 100hp (1.4-liter, 16-valve) respectively. Each is available with a five-speed or six-speed manual gearbox."

:cool::cool::cool::D

vintageb3
23rd March 2007, 12:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

New Fiat 500 looks amazing. Its on the front of this weeks Auto Express. Whwn they bring out the Abarth version I will be so so tempted

Fit ye sayin laddie?..Abarth version???...well I'm gonna go one better!

When the Brechin or Montrose version is ott...I'll hae yen!

mark

:clown:

The Dogfather
23rd March 2007, 06:15 AM
The abarth version should be a stormer, the new lightly tuned Panda 100bhp is getting some great reviews as well......

bigcoyote
25th March 2007, 10:45 AM
The SMART cars are already on sale in the USA. ZAP is importing them from a broker - not direct from Mercedes. They are about twice the price they should be ( start at $25K USD ).

Smart will be opening thier own dealers in 2008 - there is already a waiting list for the first deliveries here in Arizona -- price is expected to start at $12-14K USD

After Smart opens thier dealers - ZAP will cont. import used smart cars from a european rental car co. and sell them cheaper then the Smart dealers - so they say......