PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Brands

euan
28th January 2004, 12:44 AM
More of a follow on from the other tyre thread, but what is everyones experience of the run-flats to date? I'm interested in the difference between the brands more than anything.

I found more grip on the Pirelli than my GoodYears, however they are also on 17" not 16", on an S not a Cooper, so hardly the same I guess.

thoughts?

duncan
28th January 2004, 02:06 AM
I've got the Dunlop Runflats on 16" 5 stars on my One, and are quite happy with the grip.
Have had one repaired a while back, and never gave me any problems.
The front tyres seem to be wear quite quickly, i had to change them at roughly 12,000 miles.

I was under the impression that the Dunlop Runflats were able to be repaired, unlike the Goodyears

sh@z
28th January 2004, 02:30 AM
Pirelli's are nice, got them on my S-Spokes, but have to say the grip in the wet is pretty shocking, but thats jus from personal experience, and tramlining.

I will go to non-runflats when it comes time to change, or i get new wheels :) ... probs Toyo Proxies :D

euan
28th January 2004, 07:58 PM
I do find my Pirellis tramline a fair bit, did not really notice it at first, it may be that I need to check the pressures in them.

Burple
28th January 2004, 08:32 PM
The Dunlops (SP 9000s?) on the 'S' spokes are generally ok... pretty good in the wet, well above average in the dry, tend to break away quite easily if you pull away vigorously when it's damp tho... ;)

They're Pretty sh*te on track conditions tho... ;) they squirm about and feel very hard... not much feedback thru them...
They're lasting very well it has to be said!
Would love to try them out against a set of Toyo Proxes or Yokos.... but they still look brand new, so I can't justify spending the wodge on 4 new tyres... :D