PDA

View Full Version : ap's to be fitted

T100L
21st March 2007, 09:38 PM
anybody recommend any decent garage/peeps in aberdeen to fit them? :)

Gismo
21st March 2007, 10:29 PM
Do you mean the brake kit? if so, i had to fit spacers to clear the wheels, my wheels were aftermarket and had more clearance than standard wheels

T100L
21st March 2007, 11:19 PM
yup, do i need spacers we the strandard gp 18's ??

Gismo
21st March 2007, 11:22 PM
You'll need to find out the wheel offset and then contact AP direct for confirmation, unless they already say they will fit

T100L
21st March 2007, 11:23 PM
mm..said they would

Gismo
21st March 2007, 11:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by T100L
mm..said they wouldSorry to drift off topic, but, if they say they will fit then you shouldn't have any problems :)
John fitted my AP's whilst i attended a course................;):p

T100L
21st March 2007, 11:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

mm..said they wouldSorry to drift off topic, but, if they say they will fit then you shouldn't have any problems :)
John fitted my AP's whilst i attended a course................;):p

well if they dont , guess its just a case of chucking some spacers in, is JOHN in aberdeen:question:

they worth putting on then??

Gismo
21st March 2007, 11:53 PM
well if they dont , guess its just a case of chucking some spacers in, is JOHN in aberdeen:question:
they worth putting on then??John is in Aberdeen, though whether he has time to fit them is another thing as he is very busy with his new work.
I fitted the AP's to my old S, they were a very good improvement, but, not sure on the GP, never used the GP's brakes in anger to compare and John hardly ever uses brakes anyway :p
Does the GP have JCW brakes as standard, if so, i wouldn't change

T100L
21st March 2007, 11:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

they worth putting on then??John is in Aberdeen, though whether he has time to fit them is another thing as he is very busy with his new work.
I fitted the AP's to my old S, they were a very good improvement, but, not sure on the GP, never used the GP's brakes in anger to compare and John hardly ever uses brakes anyway :p
Does the GP have JCW brakes as standard, if so, i wouldn't change

gather you mean john Barrie?? yeah it has the JCW brakes, but promised them to my nephew for his mini, but had ap's on other cars and they were a good improvement on the standards

Gismo
22nd March 2007, 12:04 AM
gather you mean john Barrie?? yeah it has the JCW brakes, but promised them to my nephew for his mini, but had ap's on other cars and they were a good improvement on the standards
Yep, the elusive man himself ;)
The AP's are good, but, if you drive like the majority of us, spirited but nae dafty stuff ;):p then the AP's, in my mind, would be wasted over the JCW brakes :approve:
But, if you've already promised them to your nephew then you needn't make any more posts :p go for it :approve:

john
22nd March 2007, 02:15 AM
The GP brakes I found just slow you down thats why I dont use them:D

Seriously though I thought they were very good but look sh!t JCW kit looks like they nicked it off of a BMW runabout, painted them red, slapped on a sticker and that was that.

T100L, do I know you??

john
22nd March 2007, 02:17 AM
Just read your profile:D

I heard you had a GP:D:D

T100L
22nd March 2007, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Just read your profile:D

I heard you had a GP:D:D

aye min was gona buy your old one after i got a t/d, but JC was too grippy:( there was plenty brakes left on her though:D