PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Car 17!

mini saltire
21st March 2007, 05:56 PM
Hi folks,

Mark Dryden car 17 Scottish Mini Cooper Cup.
Bought one of the first 51 plates Coopers with Chilli in Silver and Black. It felt like we had a super car as there was always a crowd of people around it when you returned from the shops!! The passion was born from there. We upgraded to a Pepper White with Black Roof & Chilli, 17s, CD etc...
In 2004 and then went to Knockhill to watch one of my friends who were racing. I had always wanted to race but thought it would cost the earth. 3 weeks later I was the proud owner of Ex-ecurie Ecosse Mini Cooper Race car. It was in dire need of maintenance but I didn't have the budget nor the know how to get it done. I raced in the 05 championship with next to no budget and achieved a 3rd place a Mallory Park which was awesome. I knew if I could get some backing then I could be competetive. Enter Allan McNeish who my Dad had sponsored in Formula Vauxhall Junior when he started out. I spoke to him at the SMRC Dinner Dance. I then got a phone call from him mid February 06 to say that his Dad had a Mini Dealership and they wanted to come on board. It wasn't a lot of money but it did mean that could racing. I finished 6th overall with 1 win, a lap record at Knockhill and a podium in the 2 driver race. This season my car has been prepared properly over the winter and I have no excuses left!! Time for results!!
Race car (http://www.thegrid.co.uk/index_files/Scot%20gallery/mini-dryden-winning.jpg)
The race dates I have posted on the racing section if you want to come along. I'd be delighted to show you round the car etc.
Cheers
Mark

Edit:- Changed image to a link, way too big for the site

PACMAN
21st March 2007, 06:02 PM
welcome to the site..... :approve::approve: did you finish first in that race :I

mini saltire
21st March 2007, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

welcome to the site..... :approve::approve: did you finish first in that race :I

Yup I won that one. It was close though and got pushed all the way. How drunk did I get that night???:D

My season really turned around from that race on.

Duncan Stewart
21st March 2007, 08:46 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

RyanK
22nd March 2007, 12:18 AM
Welcome to NMS, sounds like loads o fun racing mini coopers! Seen them at Knockhill a few times when i have been down (not racing...just sitting about) and they're well cool.

Whats the scenario with the performance of them all, do each have to be modded in the same way? Oh and how come all of them seem to have 'S' bumpers?

Cheers, Ryan

mini saltire
22nd March 2007, 03:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by RyanK

Welcome to NMS, sounds like loads o fun racing mini coopers! Seen them at Knockhill a few times when i have been down (not racing...just sitting about) and they're well cool.

Whats the scenario with the performance of them all, do each have to be modded in the same way? Oh and how come all of them seem to have 'S' bumpers?

Cheers, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yeah all the cars should have the same mods, exhaust from the cat back are free, they all have fully adjustable Leda Suspension, Racing brake pads, induction kits, superchiped ECU up to 125bhp, no rear/passenger seats, roll cage, cut slicks (1 tyre for dry and wet conditions. All cars must have front S bumper and the rear bumper is optional. Rear Roof Spoiler is also a must (make the cars look sexy apparently:I)
If you fancy a proper look, come and find me in the paddock at Knockhill.

vintageb3
22nd March 2007, 03:59 AM
How much is it to go along and watch racing at Knockhill?

mark

sedgie
22nd March 2007, 03:59 AM
Hiya n Welcome:D

RyanK
22nd March 2007, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by mini saltire

quote:Originally posted by RyanK

Cheers, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yeah all the cars should have the same mods, exhaust from the cat back are free, they all have fully adjustable Leda Suspension, Racing brake pads, induction kits, superchiped ECU up to 125bhp, no rear/passenger seats, roll cage, cut slicks (1 tyre for dry and wet conditions. All cars must have front S bumper and the rear bumper is optional. Rear Roof Spoiler is also a must (make the cars look sexy apparently:I)
If you fancy a proper look, come and find me in the paddock at Knockhill.

Cool! I'll definately consider that next time im heading down, i'll give you a shout!;)

About the mods - thanks for the info, must be pretty quick

mini saltire
22nd March 2007, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

mark

Hi Mark,

It is £12 for an adult on the gate but £10 if you book in advance. I am currently trying to negotiate a £10 per Mini Fee regardless of the number of passengers. (No world record attempts just outside the gates though!!:D I don't think they'd go for 12 lubed up nutters stuffed into a clubman!) I'll let you know how we get on with that in due course. It would be great to get a load of NMS members and enthusiasts along to watch the Mini Racing. I will definatley be recruiting as many drivers as I can to NMS now that I have seen the light.:cool:

Hope to see you there Mark.

niknax
22nd March 2007, 04:58 AM
hi :)

Craig
22nd March 2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Mark and Welcome :approve:

Crombers
22nd March 2007, 09:57 AM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

vintageb3
22nd March 2007, 03:18 PM

mark

Hi Mark,

It is £12 for an adult on the gate

£12.00!!!! to watch some kids driving round and round in circles!!!

No fear!

Only jokin:clown::D

You may see me along there actually at some point I think it could be interesting seeing the MINI's. I always think you have to see this kind of sport in the flesh. I always think that video doesn't really capture the speed aspect of racing.

Good luck with the coming season and I hope you keep us informed with your progress!

mark

P.S. Do you know if cameras are allowed at Knockhill?"

Gismo
22nd March 2007, 03:34 PM
P.S. Do you know if cameras are allowed at Knockhill?"Yes :approve:

Ivano
22nd March 2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome Mark,

I will look out for you and the car in the paddock next time i am up watching the MINI racing at Knockhill. I am a keen follower of the racing.

Ivano

vintageb3
23rd March 2007, 12:48 AM
So Ivano...is 8 April the day to go along?

Keep me informed guys!

mark

mini saltire
23rd March 2007, 04:55 PM

So Ivano...is 8 April the day to go along?

Keep me informed guys!

mark

First meeting is always good to go and see as no one knows how quick they are going to be until the first qualifing session! Also all the cars look nice until the first corner:I

gill
24th March 2007, 05:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the site .... love the race car, by the way! :cool:

:D:D:D

mini saltire
24th March 2007, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Hello and welcome to the site .... love the race car, by the way! :cool:

:D:D:D

Just clicked on your Cooper S picture.... Very cool car:cool:, who painted the roof? Or is it a decal?

Mark

MINI William
28th March 2007, 03:42 AM
Hi and welcome to NMS

...(1 tyre for dry and wet conditions...
does that not mean they lean in the corners a wee bit :D
William

mini saltire
29th March 2007, 08:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini William

Hi and welcome to NMS

...(1 tyre for dry and wet conditions...
does that not mean they lean in the corners a wee bit :D
William

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Like it william!

MINI William
30th March 2007, 04:38 AM
well no body else had picked it up and i just couldent resiste it :D william

X30YES
21st April 2007, 08:46 PM
Welcome to NMS

lynnyb1984
22nd April 2007, 11:00 PM
Welcome, your car looks way cool, i agree with you comment on Gill's roof to that is so much smarter than the normal saltire.