PDA

View Full Version : Just had my "S" serviced

ajamesj
21st March 2007, 04:44 AM
I have had my "S" just over a year now and it had its 1st inspection and 2nd oil change today and checkin the service records I have covered just over 23000 mile in 1 year I dont want to think how much I have spent on fuel in the past year ;) roll on this year just lovin it but part of me thinks I should have a diesel:I

Crombers
21st March 2007, 09:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by ajamesj

I have had my "S" just over a year now and it had its 1st inspection and 2nd oil change today and checkin the service records I have covered just over 23000 mile in 1 year I dont want to think how much I have spent on fuel in the past year ;) roll on this year just lovin it but part of me thinks I should have a diesel:I

OK diesel sounds good on the economy scale but would you have had the 'FUN' factor (essential IMHO for a MINI) :p;):D:approve:

KenL
21st March 2007, 02:24 PM
The new diesel Cooper "should" be fun.

The Dogfather
21st March 2007, 03:31 PM
Diesel isn't fun

Bazthemod
21st March 2007, 05:00 PM
Ahhh you are Andy from Autosave :p Any idea how David got on ordering that part for me? ;)

<back on topic>

Diesels are boring! :p

Scottie
21st March 2007, 05:02 PM
actually diesels are brillant.:D

Burple
21st March 2007, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

The new diesel Cooper "should" be fun.

Ditto.. if it lives up to the current figures that are going abou. a wee chip, and it should be a LOT of fun! :cool::D

The Dogfather
21st March 2007, 05:52 PM
Well considering I'm having to buy a diesel (not a MINI) instead of something more interesting (VX220), I think I'm entitled to say diesels are boring.

Mind you if I have to get a diesel it'll be a 3 litre V6 one ;)

Mon the fish
21st March 2007, 07:16 PM
Yep diesels are crap, I hate that 5000-rev breathless feeling. That should be when a car is really starting to fly :D

I'm in a similar boat mileage-wise, 42k in 2 years 3 months in my JCW. God knows how much I've spent on Optimax/V-Power! Money well spent though :p

ajamesj
22nd March 2007, 05:13 AM
Barry I gave him prices he was to speak to u and get back to me???

<BACK TO TOPIC>

Just configured a diesel on the Mini site and I could get a good spec and a few goodies from my work for under £16000 or I could run the "S" for another year and have some fun. Will wait until the diesel test drive I was at Grassicks yesterday and told it would be end of april till they arrive.

Bazthemod
22nd March 2007, 04:03 PM
I'll give him a phone later, cheers Andy! :D