PDA

View Full Version : June Jolly - 24th June

ianking
20th March 2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Folks

I have organised my first run for the 24th June.

starting at Penicuik (EH26 8LE) and going down to St Marys Loch via some great country roads and then having lunch at Kailzie Gardens Resaurant. I am getting a menu made up by the restaurant and I will put it up so thats folks can make their choices before we go. We have been allocated a seperate area of the restaurant with a cordoned off area of car park for some good photo oppertunities. We will hopefully have my Grandad at the restaurant with his horse drawn carriage to give folks a ride about the garden grounds.
Returning to Penicuik via some excellent roads in the Borders and Midlothian.
Start time will be 10.30am and I expect we will return about 4.00pm:)

I have been told that Victoria and Norman from Eastern are going to rustle up some goody bags for the participants of the run as well, which is nice.:)

RUN NOTES

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/24th_june_route_pdf.pdf (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/24th_june_route_pdf.pdf)

CAN ALL PERSONS PLEASE MEET AT THE CAR PARK FOR 10a.m WE WILL DEPART AT 10.30a.m

1. Ian K + 1 roast beef + banoffe, Mushroom + Haddock + Chocolate cake
2. Sarah M + 1 haddock + roast beef +chocolate cake x2
3. Andy & Lenore soup + macaroni x2 + chocolate cake
4. Lesley & Kerr smoked salmon + roast beef & kids meal (poss x2)
5. Mark & Kim (vintageb3) Mushrooms + Soup + Chicken + Macaroni
6. Pacman soup + roast beef
7. Neil + Lorna soup + Chicken + Scampi + Chocolate cake
8. Marky C 3 course Corsar
9. Craig & Jude macaroni + roast beef + chocolate cake x2
10. Mum & Dad Fossy fish cake x2 + roast beef + haddock
11. (GB.mini.S) Grant & Fiona + Baby
12. Colin, CCM roast beef + choc cake
13. Elfman smoked salmon/prawn + haddock
14. Norm & Steve from Eastern macaroni x2 + chocolate cake x2
15. Tony minimad roast beef + ice cream

I couldnt get the menu to scan up and on to here so I have had to retype it.
Can folks have a look and let me know ASAP what they want.

2 Courses (either starter + main or main + pudding) with coffee or tea is £12.50 per head
3 Courses with coffee or tea is £16.80 per head.

If there are any special dietry requirements please let me know ASAP
Any kids wanting more child like food let me know what they want and the resaurant will cook it up for them.

Starters

Hot From The Pot
Freshly Home Made 'Soup of the Day' with Crusty Bread

'Kailzie' Fishcake
Smoked Haddock & Spring Onion Fishcake, pan fried & served with a lemon & dill mayonnaise dip. (Two Fishcakes Servied with Salad & Fries)
Starter Size or Main Size available

Deep Fried Brie
Wedges of Brie coated in Chef's own light batter & served with an accompaniment of redcurrant & Port Jelly

Mozzarella Mushrooms
Sliced Button Mushrooms pan fried in Garlic Butter topped with grilled Mozzarella Cheese

Smoked Salmon & Prawns
Scottish Smoked Salmon with juicy Greenland Prawns bound in a Marie Rose sauce. Served with a Crispy Salad & Lemon
Starter & Main Course available

Main Courses

Macaroni Cheese
Chef's own 'Trio of Cheese' sauce with grilled crispy cheese topping, served with seasonal salad & fries

Fresh Peterhead Haddock
Deep Fried in fresh bread crumb & served with fries and seasonal salad with a lemon wedge

Border Roast Beef
Tender border Roast Beef accompanied with Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Potatoes & Fresh Market Vegetables

Mediterranean En Croute (V)
Selection of Vegetables cooked Mediterranean Style, then oven baded within a light Pastry En Croute

Breaded Whole Tail Scampi
Deep Fried Scampi served with seasonal salad, coleslaw & fries

Chicken Dish of The Day
Please ask for the day's freshly made chicken dish

Dessert

Home-made Banoffe Pie
Short crust based spread with a layer of Caramel Toffee, sliced Banana's then a topping of freshly whipped cream.

Chocolate Fudge Cake
Chocolate Sponge Cake layered with Rich Frosting & served with pouring Cream & Strawberries

Selection of Ices
'Taylors of Biggar' Ice Cream
Please ask for the days selection

Followed By
Tea or Coffee

ianking
20th March 2007, 09:22 PM
Can the mods make this a sticky please

Wul
20th March 2007, 09:52 PM
Consider it stickyfied Ian - good on you sounds like a good run. Sadly I can't make it cos of this http://www.etapecaledonia.co.uk/ i'll be dieing at the side of the road somewhere outside pitclochry!! :p

ianking
20th March 2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks Wul. Enjoy your cycle.

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 11:15 PM
Well done Ian!!!

Put Lenore and I down as maybie's for just now.:approve: The date is clear at the moment, but "Shrek The Third" may be on preview days that weekend. If so, we may well have to pull out.:(

A & L:D

The Dogfather
20th March 2007, 11:41 PM
If I'm living down south by then I will probably come along..... if non minis allowed.

ianking
20th March 2007, 11:50 PM
Im sure I could allow you to tag along at the back of the pack. Let me know if you think you will be able to make it.

N12 JLK
21st March 2007, 12:45 AM
Jason , Lesley and Kerr please

vintageb3
21st March 2007, 01:00 AM
Please add Kim and I...thanks!

sedgie
21st March 2007, 01:01 AM
Och would love tae come.....but think i'll be having my birthday barbie that weekend!:)

PACMAN
21st March 2007, 01:18 AM
can you put me and Jaffa down as a maybe:I:D

Mark R
21st March 2007, 01:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

Och would love tae come.....but think i'll be having my birthday barbie that weekend!:)

So where's the listing for that in the Meets & Social section?:p

Craig
21st March 2007, 01:50 AM
Ian, put Jude and me down as a maybe, three runs in three weekends may just be a bit too much for the finances as we go on holiday the week after this run...:I

will let you know nearer the time. :D

Scottie
21st March 2007, 03:02 AM
can you put us down as maybe depends where we are and what we are doing.

chances are we will stil be in the country since Allan's mother has broken her back last week which in turn has showed a few worrying things.

markyc
21st March 2007, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

can you put us down as maybe depends where we are and what we are doing.

chances are we will stil be in the country since Allan's mother has broken her back last week which in turn has showed a few worrying things.

Fi sorry to hear bout Allan's mum :disapprove: Pass on my best wishes to the big fella

ianking
21st March 2007, 04:29 AM
Folks added.
Hope the maybe's can make it.

I know there are other runs on around this time but I have been planning on having it on this date for a while now, just needed to know that the restaurant didnt have a wedding on that day as it would mean that we couldnt get in. I dont think there is a run on the week after mine though so we can get a weekend off that sat & sun.:p

Neil and Lorna
21st March 2007, 07:19 AM
Hi Ian

Stick our names down as maybes at the moment.
Will confirm nearer the time.

Cheers

Neil and Lorna.:D

Crombers
21st March 2007, 09:38 AM
Interested, regardless of "Shrek" (just kiddin folks) :):D:p;):approve:

ianking
21st March 2007, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Crombers, is that you saying you want to go on the run

Crombers
22nd March 2007, 09:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

quote:Originally posted by crombers

Crombers, is that you saying you want to go on the run

Oh yeah ;), stick me down :cool:

Suzi
23rd March 2007, 11:03 PM
Stick me down Ian!

Cheers!:D

stoney
24th March 2007, 12:08 AM
hi ian sorry but dont think will make this am out the night before so dont think i will be up 2 drivin

claire
25th March 2007, 04:06 AM
please add me and Rab too:D

ianking
25th March 2007, 07:05 PM
Thats you added :)

ianking
26th March 2007, 11:22 PM
COME ON FOLKS GET YOUR NAMES DOWN. IVE BOOKED OUT 30 PLACES AT THE RESTAURANT AND I WOULD HATE TO REDO MY BOOKING.

It will be a great run with great scenery and hopefully a ride on a vintage horse drawn carriage.

Duncan Stewart
27th March 2007, 04:04 AM
Well done for arranging the run Ian, it sounds great but unfortunately Helen and I cannot attend.
All the best :D

N12 JLK
28th March 2007, 04:28 AM
Mark Corsar get your name doon!!

weefossy
6th April 2007, 05:08 AM
Ian, put us down as dates look OK for us. St Mary's Loch is lovely and was the first place we went in a Mini One when it was launched.

ianking
6th April 2007, 04:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Ian, put us down as dates look OK for us. St Mary's Loch is lovely and was the first place we went in a Mini One when it was launched.

Thats you added :)

gb.mini.s
6th April 2007, 11:31 PM
Fiona and myself would like to put our names down as i am defo home for this one had to pull out of the picnic run due to still being offshore bummer but really want to meet some guys from the forum and just get out would it be ok to bring my daughter as she is only 18 months but she is no problem just likes to get out all the time. Getting her started early

ianking
7th April 2007, 03:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by gb.mini.s

Fiona and myself would like to put our names down as i am defo home for this one had to pull out of the picnic run due to still being offshore bummer but really want to meet some guys from the forum and just get out would it be ok to bring my daughter as she is only 18 months but she is no problem just likes to get out all the time. Getting her started early

Yes no probs.
I will put you down with child and with Fiona. Im no sure of your name though???

gb.mini.s
8th April 2007, 04:48 PM
sorry grant and cant wait to see you's all

indigomatt
10th April 2007, 03:46 PM
Add me's :cool:

Colin
10th April 2007, 06:44 PM
Ian,
Please add me to the run.:D

Sounds like a good day out.
Cheers
Colin.

ianking
10th April 2007, 07:52 PM
Colin, thats you added

ELFMAN
25th April 2007, 04:39 PM
Ian - remember (Oxford Run) you were going to add me to your list? Go on then! Ta.

ianking
25th April 2007, 04:46 PM
Good show Elfman, thats you added.

minimad t
25th April 2007, 05:23 PM
hi ian can u put me down for this one:D

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2007, 06:25 PM
Oh dear. Shrek 3 previews that weekend after all. All is not lost yet, will have to see if I can do some juggling. But it's not looking good.:I

A.:(

Bignorm
26th April 2007, 08:44 PM
can u add me and vic on this cheers

ianking
26th April 2007, 08:45 PM
No probs Norm, are you both going in the same car

Bignorm
26th April 2007, 09:03 PM
yeah sure are mate

ELFMAN
26th April 2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Ian, looking forward to it - especially the food!

minimadj
27th April 2007, 08:49 AM
hi ian i think u missed me out but can u please put me down for this one thanks...:);) tony

N12 JLK
28th April 2007, 06:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadj

hi ian i think u missed me out but can u please put me down for this one thanks...:);) tony

Get it sorted Ian;)

N12 JLK
28th April 2007, 06:59 AM
Whats the food like Ian:question:

ianking
28th April 2007, 04:35 PM
Food is top quality, I know the owners and the chef. I will be putting a menu up soon so that folks can make their choices. They are doing us a set menu with a set price due to the numbers turning up. There will be a choice of 3 or 4 of each course.

N12 JLK
28th April 2007, 05:48 PM
I will have the big mac and fries:cool:

markyc
6th May 2007, 08:41 PM
Ian just realised I hadn't put my name down for this one :eek: Can you add me as a maybe please :confused: Will let you know for defo soonest :) ;)

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:27 PM
Get your name doon for defo Marky boy;)

Fairy
12th May 2007, 10:19 PM
Hiya!!!:D Please could you put me down as a maybe (+ 1) Thanks :p really hope we can make it! ;)

ianking
29th May 2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Folks

I will be going out and doing this run on Sunday in order to make up the run notes.
I have a menu through from the restaurant now so I will scan it up over the next couple of days.

Can folks who are down as a maybe please say if they are able to make it.

N12 JLK
30th May 2007, 08:26 PM
Was looking forward to this run aswell, Bloody work:mad: , let me know if Lesley horses the car;)

Scottie
30th May 2007, 08:28 PM
can you remove us from the list please ain't got my Minis no more.:D

ianking
30th May 2007, 10:05 PM
can you remove us from the list please ain't got my Minis no more.:D

Fi
You can bring the Audi if you want. You have been on enough mini runs to merit bringing a non mini. :D

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2007, 01:37 AM
Ian we are now a definite.:D

The only thing that would change that is a major staff shortage for whatever reason. Otherwise, we're in.;)

A.:D

Craig
31st May 2007, 07:12 AM
Ian,

sorry as thought, we will be a no. Enjoy the run, hope everyone has fun. :D

ianking
31st May 2007, 08:53 AM
Ian we are now a definite.:D

The only thing that would change that is a major staff shortage for whatever reason. Otherwise, we're in.;)

Good news. Do you know if Neil & Lorna will be able to make it?

Scottie
31st May 2007, 08:55 AM
Fi
You can bring the Audi if you want. You have been on enough mini runs to merit bringing a non mini. :D

thanks but it wouldn't be the same a load of Minis then me in a Audi.

ianking
31st May 2007, 09:25 AM
oh well OK then. I will remove you from the list.
remember you done the treasure hunt in a Saab though.

Neil and Lorna
31st May 2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Ian.

Barring any problems as Andy says we will be ok for the run.:D

C ya soon.:D

Neil and Lorna.:D

ianking
31st May 2007, 10:50 AM
Good Stuff. removed your 'maybe'. :D

ELFMAN
7th June 2007, 04:43 PM
Looking forward to this one Ian - special food, horse-drawn carriages, scenery, the NMS banter - come on folks, don't miss it. Is there any meeting point before going to Penicuik...... bet that's spelt wrong... for the 'Westerners'?

minimad
8th June 2007, 12:24 AM
EUAN WE CAN MEET AT THE USUAL PLACE IF YOU WANT?:) drive doon together:cool:

ELFMAN
11th June 2007, 08:16 AM
Tony, do you mean Hamilton Services? I must find out where Penicuik is..... and how to get there......

ianking
11th June 2007, 04:01 PM
Tony, do you mean Hamilton Services? I must find out where Penicuik is..... and how to get there......

Elfman, I will be putting up the run notes next week after I figure out how to get them onto the web.
In the mean time the postcode for the starting point is EH26 8LE which is Sommerfield Supermarket car park in Penicuik. Pretty easy to find as its on the main high street in the town. N12JLK knows where it is so they may lead folks through. :D

minimad
11th June 2007, 04:54 PM
yes euan hamilton services that goes for anybody else who wants to convoy through.ill just tag behind you to get there ,i cant say it never mind finding it on a map.:confused: :eek: :p :p ;) :D

ELFMAN
13th June 2007, 08:48 AM
Checked it out on the map, and there are a couple of ways to go, depending on where you're coming from..... Let's hear from you folks and we can work out what we're doing.

PACMAN
13th June 2007, 01:34 PM
HI Ian

can you change my status from Maybe to hell yeah i'll be there :D

ianking
13th June 2007, 02:20 PM
HI Ian

can you change my status from Maybe to hell yeah i'll be there :D

No probs.
My mate Boab might be coming with his new Cooper D. He was the previous owner of your white Cooper S. :D

ianking
14th June 2007, 09:12 PM
Menu Now On 1st Post Can Everyone Take A Look And Let Me Know Asap What They Want To Order.

Thanks

Colin
14th June 2007, 09:37 PM
Main = Border Roast Beef
Dessert = Chocolate Fudge Cake

Mmmm I feel hungry:D

markyc
14th June 2007, 10:37 PM
Ian

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner :( I'm not going to manage to your run but I hope you guys have a fantastic day :) Look forward to seeing plenty of pics :D ;)

ELFMAN
15th June 2007, 01:27 PM
Ian, I'd like Smoked Salmon & Prawns to start, and The Haddock for main course please. In a Seaside mood. Hungry at work at the moment, could really go it NOW! Do they do deliveries to Hamilton!!? Cheers.

ianking
15th June 2007, 02:09 PM
Will add on your food choices Euan. Dont think they will deliver to Hamilton though. :)

AndyP & Lenore
15th June 2007, 11:45 PM
Ian, click the "Quote" button then copy the text as it's shown to change the format to what I'm posting. Everything between and including: "[ URL] and [/URL ]"

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/24th_june_route_pdf.pdf)

Or a kindly MOD could edit Ian's first post to this thread changing the format of the run notes download link.;) Then delete this post.;) ;)

A.

PACMAN
15th June 2007, 11:57 PM
hot from the pot and border roast beef :p:D

PACMAN
15th June 2007, 11:58 PM
Ian, click the "Quote" button then copy the text as it's shown to change the format to what I'm posting. Everything between and including: "[ URL] and [/URL ]"

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/24th_june_route_pdf.pdf)

Or a kindly MOD could edit Ian's first post to this thread changing the format of the run notes download link.;) Then delete this post.;) ;)

A.

oh no you can't :eek::(:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2007, 12:05 AM
oh no you can't :eek::(:rolleyes:

Why so? I just clicked it and they downloaded no problem.:( :eek:

A.:confused:

PACMAN
16th June 2007, 12:10 AM
oh yes it did :o:D;)

ianking
16th June 2007, 09:23 AM
PACMAN

is it just you in the car or are you bringing someone. If so what will they be eating.

Ian

N12 JLK
16th June 2007, 04:37 PM
Ian, I'll have smoke salmon and prawns and roast beef.

Do they do a kids menu for the Kerrmiester? He may also be bringing his burd:D

ianking
16th June 2007, 05:17 PM
Hi

They can make pretty much whatever you want for Kerr and his bird on the day. Just ask when we arrive.

minimad
17th June 2007, 12:39 AM
hi Ian roast beef and icecream for me grazie;)

N12 JLK
17th June 2007, 09:03 AM
I will have the grilled banana with baboon on a bed of smoked fag ends, and to follow jelly tots with a curly wurly, to drink I will have flat Fanta:p
Oh bugger Im noo there I will be in Birmingham biting all my nails off worrying about my coarse Im on that week.
Mind let me know if the wife roasts the car.;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2007, 12:01 AM
Mind let me know if the wife roasts the car.;)

Will do.;) :D

PACMAN
18th June 2007, 05:01 AM
PACMAN

is it just you in the car or are you bringing someone. If so what will they be eating.

Ian

just me :(

vintageb3
18th June 2007, 07:07 AM
just me :(

They are going to be eating YOU!!!!

That's illegal ain't it?:D

mark

ELFMAN
18th June 2007, 04:31 PM
As usual, I can't download the run notes.... I'll just go in the middle. I think I already have.....

PACMAN
18th June 2007, 06:27 PM
They are going to be eating YOU!!!!

That's illegal ain't it?:D

mark

the Zombie will get into your car first before mine :eek:;):D

ianking
18th June 2007, 08:20 PM
I will bring copies of run notes on the day just incase anyone else has difficulty down loading them

ianking
18th June 2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Folks

Really need your mene choices ASAP please.
I have to let the restaurant know thurs afternoon at the latest.

vintageb3
18th June 2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Ian

Sorry for delay in this!

Kim would like:

Starter: Mozzarella mushrooms.

Main Course: The chicken dish of the day.

Mark :

Starter: Soup of the Day

Main Course: Macaroni Cheese

Thanks!

mark

ianking
18th June 2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks Mark

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2007, 10:43 PM
Ian, sorry for the delay...

Andrew: Starter - Soup of the day, Mains -Macaroni Cheese.

Lenore: Mains - Macaroni Cheese, Sweet -Chocolate fudge cake.

indigomatt
19th June 2007, 08:56 AM
Hi ian

Sorry about the late notice but I will not be able to make this run...

Will be spending ma weekend decorating a friend's flat :D :) :confused: :mad:

M.

SarahMunro
19th June 2007, 12:16 PM
Ian,
Can I please have Haddock & Chips then Chocolate Fudge Cake, yum yum!
Thank you

Neil and Lorna
19th June 2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Ian.

Heres our food order.:eek:

Neil.
Starter: Soup
Main: Chicken Dish of the Day.

Lorna.
Main: Scampi.
Sweet: Chocolate Fudge Cake.

Cheers Neil and Lorna.:D :D

minimad
20th June 2007, 10:07 PM
hi euan whats the low down hows about meeting up for the run this sunday?anybody else fancy leaving from hamilton services?;)

Fairy
21st June 2007, 10:03 AM
Hiya,

Really sorry guys but cant make it now.:( Hope u all have a great time and the weather gets a bit better....looking forward to the Arbroath Spectacular!!!!! :D

ELFMAN
21st June 2007, 10:10 AM
Tony - I'm just checking the best route to go to Penicuik from our neck of the woods, whether to go the motorway to Edinburgh, and cut across and back, or go the B road down the Blyth Bridge/West Linton way which takes you into Penicuik - looks like a similar distance. I'll check the map properly tonight (I'll maybe give Bill a shout - he's not going, but knows the roads we're looking for) and post here ASAP. Def. meet up with you (and anybody else from around here) for the run across. Check back here tomorrow!

minimad
21st June 2007, 01:45 PM
nae bother euan here from you soon;)

vintageb3
21st June 2007, 10:06 PM
Turning up for this run is gonna be hell for me...just found out I won't be finished in Glasgow until 2.00am-3.00am.

Any idea if we can get that Redbull Mini on the run?

Bummer....

mark

ianking
22nd June 2007, 08:43 AM
I will bring a can of red Bull along for you.

weefossy
22nd June 2007, 10:15 AM
Ian, apologies for delay re food, been on holidays.

Sioban will have Fish cake and roast beef, I will have fish cake and Haddock please.

See you all on Sunday.

ELFMAN
22nd June 2007, 10:46 AM
TONY! I'm looking to take the road through Lanark, Hyndford Bridge, BIGGAR and straight out to the fork for Penicuik. You CAN go the M8 etc, but I prefer the other way - timewise it's probably not much of a difference according to Bill, and it'll be quiet as well.

How's about meeting at the entrance to Chatelherault? I reckon we should meet about 8.45am to give us time to get over there. What do you think?

ianking
22nd June 2007, 10:47 AM
Good stuff Malcolm.
Tell mum to pack a nice picnic for the wee stop at St Marys Loch:D

minimad
22nd June 2007, 02:49 PM
sounds good to me euan see you sunday morn 8.45 am

Crombers
23rd June 2007, 09:02 AM
Bear with me peeps, it's been hectic round here. Just waiting to hear about family stuff for tomorrow & i'll be back in here very soon with an update :)

Bignorm
23rd June 2007, 10:45 AM
hey ian really sorry for the late reply been really busy vicky cant make it so me and steve are going to do it

for the menu me and steve will have macaroni and cheese and choc fudge :D

ELFMAN
23rd June 2007, 01:58 PM
See you @ Chatelherault Tony. 8.45am start should give us time to get there OK. Ian - wait 5 mins in case I get lost!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2007, 02:00 PM
Ian - wait 5 mins in case I get lost!!!!

Why? Is sweeney leading?

Runs for cover.:D :D

minimad
23rd June 2007, 02:01 PM
:D :D :rolleyes: :D :p :D

ianking
23rd June 2007, 05:20 PM
Fingers crossed for dry weather tomorrow, I have just cleaned up both the cars.:)

Looking forward to tomorrow, see you all soon.

p.s dont worry if you cant get run noes to work I have plenty here.

Craig
23rd June 2007, 06:39 PM
Ian,

as per my texts, we will be able to make it tommorrow. Sorry for the last minute, but Jude found some cash down the back of the sofa :D Does the restaurant take Dinar ?;)

See you tommorrow morning. :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2007, 06:43 PM
Fingers crossed for dry weather tomorrow, I have just cleaned up both the cars.:)

Looking forward to tomorrow, see you all soon.

p.s dont worry if you cant get run noes to work I have plenty here.

LOL. Have you seen the forecast? Not good.

claire
23rd June 2007, 07:05 PM
Sorry for the short notice but myself and rab aren't going to make it tomorrow.

I'm not well, got a horrible virus/infection so staying all wrapped up in bed trying to get better.

Hope you all have a great day, we're gutted we cant make it.

X30YES
23rd June 2007, 07:58 PM
Dont forget some pics for "Rougues Gallery" guys :rolleyes:

Craig
23rd June 2007, 08:16 PM
Dont forget some pics for "Rougues Gallery" guys :rolleyes:

talking of "rogues".... are you not coming ? ;) :rolleyes: :D

X30YES
23rd June 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm stuck offshore ....be at the Stone fellows run tho :rolleyes:

ELFMAN
23rd June 2007, 10:16 PM
Got the car all cleaned & Dried..... Rained. Sod. Guaranteed. Now we know why the Native Americans had their Rain Dances - they didn't have MINIS to wash!

See Y'all tomorrow.

vintageb3
24th June 2007, 03:50 AM
Well...thought I would just check here to see if there were any last minute changes to the schedule..

Just got home from Glasgow...now off to bed;) :eek:

zz..z.zzz.ZZZ:D

mark

vintageb3
24th June 2007, 08:04 AM
And I'm up again!

Commando trained!!!!:(

P.S. This run better be good Ian!!! :)

mark

ianking
24th June 2007, 08:45 AM
My word that was a late night/early start for you. I shall go get some red bull for you. :)

Crombers
24th June 2007, 08:45 AM
Unfortunatley we wont manage today (kids) , sorry this is all very last minute (especially Mr K) but you guys have a good one & we will see you soon.

X30YES
24th June 2007, 03:49 PM
Unfortunatley we wont manage today (kids) , sorry this is all very last minute (especially Mr K) but you guys have a good one & we will see you soon....You keep Goats????:rolleyes: :p

ianking
24th June 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming along today.

Sarah and I had a great time.
Hands up, it was my fault for the wee 'technical' hitch near the end of the run though. Sarah and Craig held it together well :) .

If everyone fancies I can do this run again next year.

Pity about the weather after lunch but at least we got to drive through a ford or two.

Thanks to Steve and Norman from Eastern for the goodie bags.

Pics to follow later tonight.

ianking
24th June 2007, 05:58 PM
Some pics from today

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-020.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-024.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-028.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-064.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-093.jpg

ianking
24th June 2007, 05:59 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-111.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-115.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-119.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-142.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-154.jpg

ianking
24th June 2007, 06:00 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-168.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/jollyJuneReservoirRun07-187.jpg

vintageb3
24th June 2007, 06:08 PM
Hi Ian and Sarah

Kim and I had a cracking day out! and the weather didn't dampen our enthusiasm (Oh...that's a pun..err...OK sorry about that! :D )

Just what was needed after a week of work.

The roads were an excellent choice...and I think the weather actually helped us in the repect that we enjoyed the roads when they were least busy. Scenery was most excellent too!

If I had just organised your run...I would have been chuffed at the result...first time or not.

The wee excursion at the end didn't put me up nor down...i didn't know where the hell I was anyway:D

I do apologise profusely to all participants of the run for breaking a golden rule and forgetting to fill with fuel before the start. If this annoyed anyone...I am really sorry...and will do my best to avoid a repeat.:(

Thanks to the Elfman...who magically produced a green tank of V-Power to assist in my plight.

The Elfman looked almost Genie like as he rubbed the contents of said tank into my car. Was going to ask for another two wishes...But the Misses was with me ;)

Are there no limits to this man?...Mr Playmini...Mr Intercooler...Now Mr V-power!!!:D

So...Thanks Ian for your help in finding the petrol station down in Peebles...and for a cracking day out!

Let me know when your next run is!

P.S. HUGE THANKS! to Norm and Steve from Eastern for our goodie bags...most unexpected!!!

mark

vintageb3
24th June 2007, 06:12 PM
Great pics Ian!

mark

ianking
24th June 2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks Mark.

It was good to meet you and I look forward to meeting up with you again on a run soon.

Colin
24th June 2007, 06:46 PM
Cracking run Ian and Sarah :D Some great roads. You have to do it again next year.
Shame about the weather at the end, but hey it was fun splashing through the puddles or maybe I should say small lochs.;)
Thanks for the goodie bags Norm and Steve.

Some pics...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/Image027.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/Image028.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/Image029.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/Image030.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/Image031.jpg

weefossy
24th June 2007, 06:59 PM
First Class Ian, great roads and quality food. Will certainly go back there for lunch when taking "the olds" out for a Sunday drive. And well done to Sarah for taking control at the vital moment.:cool:
Sweeny must have been down on his prayer mat earlier today!!:D :D

Will post some pictures after I've had my "Ruby Murray":p ;)

Sweeney
24th June 2007, 07:06 PM
What the... how come im being brought into this lol... :confused:

Neil and Lorna
24th June 2007, 07:10 PM
Well done Ian and Sarah.

Great run fantastic roads,even the monsoon in the afternoon didn't dampen the enjoyment.

Thanks to Eastern for the goody bags.

Here's some pics we took.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/Junejolly07030.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/Junejolly07033.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/Junejolly07044.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/Junejolly07054.jpg

N12 JLK
24th June 2007, 07:32 PM
Great day, thanks Ian and Sarah. Thought the rain made it much more fun and who else can say they lead 3 MINI's into a field on their run:D

Food was great. Thanks for the goodie bags Norman, Kerr has used the wax already to wax his bike:eek:

Craig
24th June 2007, 07:43 PM
Well done Ian and Sarah.... I some how managed to lead your run at one point... ;)

Jude and me had a great day out, never took any photos tho.. sorry.

That was the last run for my "current" mini, which by the end of the day was making some more new noises... oh happy days..

finally - MARK, REMEMBER AND FILL UP WITH PETROL NEXT TIME... ;) :D

That certainly beat moving furniture and carpets out of my sisters house (which I had to do a 5pm). Off to five a side football now.. :D

ELFMAN
24th June 2007, 08:00 PM
So... Sunday's the “Day of Rest” is it? NAAAAAAH! It's the day of FUN!!!:D :D :D I don't think I could have had more fun - well not without Cameron Diaz and 5 Litres of warm Chocolate Sauce.:p

Like the Crowded House song, we had “Four Seasons in One Day” - but the Waterworld Theme Park Ride (or 'roads') just added to the occasion. The first part of the run was stonking - exactly what I have my MINI for. Food was great and the company was (as ever) of the finest kind. The photos are spot on! Just like being there.... I should know - I was.

Mark “The Elfman looked almost Genie like as he rubbed the contents of said tank into my car. Was going to ask for another two wishes...But the Misses was with me” Look mate, when you're with these bands..... do they ever offer you strange fat ciggies????? It's starting to show - memory loss (petrol), hallucinations..... Maaaaaaaaaaaannn. Deacon Blue my @rse, be honest, it's STEVE HILLAGE you're working with!

Congratulations Ian & Sarah, a memorable day out - for all the right reasons, look forward to doing it again - if you can remember it - (you knew that was coming....) next year! £60.00 for a new windscreen - getting it on Tuesday. Hand on heart - having a run like that, it's worth every penny!

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2007, 08:17 PM
What a cracking day:D . Well done Ian and Sarah:D. Lenore and I had a fantastic day. Excellent choice of roads, and some very nice nosh for lunch too.

The rain in the afternoon certainly didn't put any kind of downer on the day, just made it more "interesting". Some of the puddles we drove through were more like fords, as some of the pictures above show.

Highlight of the day; Ian doing a Mark Thatcher/Sweeney job. How do you get lost and loose your posse on your own run? As others have said, it just added to the adventure.

Some radio chatter on the day:
Someone on the run: "Are we lost?":confused:
Someone else on the run: "No, we know exactly where we are, but the run organiser has taken a wrong turn and is now lost.":rolleyes:
Someone on the run: "Oh, that's ok then.":D

Many thanks also to Big Norm and his co-pilot from Eastern for the fantastic goody bags.

Thanks again Ian & Sarah.;) Here's to the Reservoir Run 2008. :D Stick our names down now!

A few pics to follow.

Cheers,

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2007, 08:21 PM
Did anyone else spot this Subaru Impreza in traditional blue with gold wheels?
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/June%20Jolly%202007/june_jolly_small19.jpg

Just one of the many fantastic valley views we had all day.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/June%20Jolly%202007/june_jolly_small04.jpg

And another valley view.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/June%20Jolly%202007/june_jolly_small02.jpg

Still not sure how we all got in and out of this parking area without leaving behind a junk of trim.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/June%20Jolly%202007/june_jolly_small18.jpg

Aye, that's a braw looking MINI.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/June%20Jolly%202007/june_jolly_small15.jpg

Another pic over in Rogue's Gallery.:D

ianking
24th June 2007, 08:32 PM
Many thanks also to Big Norm and his co-pilot from Menzies for the fantastic goody bags.

Thanks again Ian & Sarah.;) Here's to the Reservoir Run 2008. :D Stick our names down now!

A.

Thanks Andy, glad you and Lenore enjoyed the run.

P.S Norm and Steve work for Eastern. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Andy, glad you and Lenore enjoyed the run.

P.S Norm and Steve work for Eastern. ;)

Already spotted and fixed.;)

weefossy
24th June 2007, 10:02 PM
Couple of photos from today.

Ruby Wax & Auto Jim
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/RubyWaxAutoJim.jpg

weefossy
24th June 2007, 10:04 PM
Now that's a convertible
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/MomTractor2.jpg

weefossy
24th June 2007, 10:05 PM
Kerr on the overtake
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Kerrovertaking.jpg

weefossy
24th June 2007, 10:08 PM
Reservoir Dogs
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/ReservoirDogs.jpg

ELFMAN
24th June 2007, 10:46 PM
More great photos - classic one of Kerr in his element (well it's a MINI actually). I FORGOT to say THANKS for the Goody Bags guys! so here goes....

“THANKS for the Goody Bags guys!” Night Night everyone, Sleep Tight.

minimad
25th June 2007, 01:50 AM
thankyou ian and sarah absolute stonnker of a run,great day had by all:) put me down for next years run:cool: those roads are top notch:D ps great photos everyone

N12 JLK
25th June 2007, 09:12 PM
Malcolm, any chance you could e-mail me that one of Kerr?

Crombers
25th June 2007, 11:30 PM
...You keep Goats????:rolleyes: :p

:rolleyes: :D ;) , good one mate.

Run sounds / looks a cracker well done Ian & Sarah :cool:

ianking
26th June 2007, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes: :D ;) , good one mate.

Run sounds / looks a cracker well done Ian & Sarah :cool:

Thanks.
I will be doing it again next year, hopefully you will be able to make it along.

weefossy
27th June 2007, 10:18 PM
Lesley sent a PM requesting your e mail address for photo of Kerr. not sure if I did it properly.:confused: Can you PM me with e mail address please. Cheers:o

N12 JLK
28th June 2007, 09:22 AM
Malcolm, PM sent.

Thanks very much.

weefossy
28th June 2007, 08:45 PM
Lesley have sent pictures, hope they are OK

vintageb3
8th July 2007, 07:50 PM
Here's a panoramic shot taken on Ian's run:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1433/755810718_c74ca3f22b_b.jpg

Never had a chance to up this...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
8th July 2007, 09:12 PM
Cool pic Mark.;) :cool: :D

vintageb3
8th July 2007, 09:37 PM
Oh its not that great...taken with my Sony snapper...

Stitched about ten pics together.

Doesn't work with my DSLR though because of the chronic aberration (or so I'm told):confused: :confused:

mark

AndyP & Lenore
8th July 2007, 11:13 PM
Doesn't work with my DSLR though because of the chronic aberration (or so I'm told):confused: :confused:

mark

You can get a pill from the doctor for that.:D :D