PDA

View Full Version : Politicians must be stamped out.

Burple
20th March 2007, 07:03 PM
They really are trying to turn this country into a nation of mindless sheep..

<<Clicky>> (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml;jsessionid=VG5BKKTB00U0DQFIQMFCFF4AVCBQ YIV0?xml=/motoring/2007/03/17/nosplit/mfbike17.xml)

monkimagic
21st March 2007, 08:01 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/03/17/nosplit/mfbike17.xml

:mad:

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2007, 08:55 AM
It just goes to show how ill thought out some laws are. Absolute madness.

Another example, although not related to motoring... the new European laws on age discrimination; we're not allowed to discriminate on the grounds of age.. Fair enough. But we also have various minimum wage levels in this country - based on????? AGE! If I have an 18 year old in the cinema doing the same job as a 17 year old they are paid in relation to the minimum wage requirements. But I am effectively discriminating against the 17 y ear old by paying him/her less than the 18 year old doing the same job. NUTS!

Would the last person to leave the country, please turn off the light.

A.:(

Gismo
21st March 2007, 11:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
But we also have various minimum wage levels in this country - based on????? AGE! If I have an 18 year old in the cinema doing the same job as a 17 year old they are paid in relation to the minimum wage requirements. But I am effectively discriminating against the 17 y ear old by paying him/her less than the 18 year old doing the same job. NUTS!If you had a 17 and 18 year old doing the same job, you can overcome your obvious gulit by paying them the same ;):p then no discrimination at all :D

monkimagic
22nd March 2007, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

But we also have various minimum wage levels in this country - based on????? AGE! If I have an 18 year old in the cinema doing the same job as a 17 year old they are paid in relation to the minimum wage requirements. But I am effectively discriminating against the 17 y ear old by paying him/her less than the 18 year old doing the same job. NUTS!If you had a 17 and 18 year old doing the same job, you can overcome your obvious gulit by paying them the same ;):p then no discrimination at all :D

Thats a very simple yet good answer.

The Dogfather
22nd March 2007, 01:46 AM
Damn bleeding heart liberals, you'll be freeing slaves and stopping children from working up chimmneys next.......:p

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2007, 03:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Oh, if only it was as easy as that.;) Because of the extreme high levels of minimum wage for the kids these days, we are simply unable to pay older (harder working) staff as high a wage as we would like.

Don't want to get into a political conversation on the issue's of wage levels and what we pay in particular. I was only using that as an example of the contradictory way this country is run.

A.:(

GAJ
22nd March 2007, 03:27 AM
There are three levels of minimum wage - the rates from 1st October 2006 are:
£5.35 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older;
a development rate of £4.45 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive;
£3.30 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.
I don't think these rates are extremely high!

Scottie
22nd March 2007, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

£3.30 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.

neither do I Gaj

but to be fair I don't think it is for us to say what a company pays their staff.

also a bit off topic

but I could give you a shock re the shambolic way a certain company has dealt with it's employees and redundancy infact in todays world it beggers belief. Threats you have do idea.

Only today I had to step in and prevent world war III during a conference call yes a conference call re redundancy

keeping everyone calm and talking in corporate terminology

and do you know what the bigs boss mans last words to me were at the end of the call after I brought everyone back down to a safe level.

Fiona I expect you to continue to act in a professional manner and contine to manage in your managerial roll until the 31st.:eek::eek::eek:

To which I replied I thought I just had.

I tell you the higher up the tree you go the more sh1t you see and have to deal with.

Never will I work in a roll where I have such a level of responsibilty never ever again.

Ok for folks to say you have the skills to manage people and confident in the roll but when you continue to come up against such massive bricks walls in a company that likes to protray it self as a company that looks after it's people. next Friday can't come quick enough

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2007, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Gaj, you are of course, entitled to your opinion.

A.:approve: