PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newbie question here but.....

scottymc
20th March 2007, 04:19 AM
First of if all goes to plan tomorrow i pick up my mini cooper s tomorrow. How ever the bird at the dealership and when i rang the insurance both said its a mini cooper s gp.

Does any body know what the GP mean and stand for??????????

Sweeney
20th March 2007, 04:39 AM
The cooper s jcw GP is the 2 seater, *track day* tuned cooper s.
If its just a cooper s you wanted and your paying insurance for a GP id get that rectified before you touch the tarmac, if by some mircale youve managed to get hold of a gp and everyone thinks its a standard s, SHHHHHH :p lol

Cooper S JCW GP
http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag250/mini-cooper-s-john-works-gp-kit-3-big.jpg

Cooper S
http://www.carguidemagazine.com/archive/jun2006/roadTests/images/mini_cooper_s.jpg

scottymc
20th March 2007, 04:43 AM
well its not that, i'll find out more tomorrow. I though it might be an option like the chilli pack or something.

its a 56 in dark blue, tradeing my gti-6 in for it.(i'm gonna miss the 6 she was lovely)

Sweeney
20th March 2007, 04:44 AM
The JCW tuning kit for the engine is one of the many options but the GP is a different car to the S

Youll not miss it once youve had the s out streching its legs on the good country roads :D

scottymc
20th March 2007, 04:49 AM
was looking in the meeting section and there's something about the lake distric meet, going over hard knott pass, i only live few miles away from there so, saturday morning gonna see if the S can beat the 6.

Sweeney
20th March 2007, 04:53 AM
dont go full pelt straight away, get used to driving the mini... Its a ride of its own compared to other cars :p
give yourself tim to adjust and know your limits in it :)... I did, ended up face first into a barrier lol :D

scottymc
20th March 2007, 04:59 AM
the S is the closest thing to the 6 i have ever driven, ended up spending the extra, due to options and stuff on a second hand S rather than the new, as i didn't like the turbo lag, it just didn't sit right with me, was disopointed when i went back into the garage and was told no you can't have a new en with the super charged engine.

scottymc
24th March 2007, 10:34 PM
rang the insurance company back and got the policy strightened out and my renewal went down by nearly £200. result!

The Dogfather
25th March 2007, 02:30 AM
I was organising the lakes meet but there's too much slow traffic in the lakes at weekends, it's just not worth the bother........ :(

monkimagic
26th March 2007, 02:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by scottymc

was looking in the meeting section and there's something about the lake distric meet, going over hard knott pass, i only live few miles away from there so, saturday morning gonna see if the S can beat the 6.

So what was the verdict ???

scottymc
26th March 2007, 04:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

quote:Originally posted by scottymc

So what was the verdict ???

to much traffic to play i'm afraid, people stopping half way up to take photo's of sheep on the road. Took it over corny fell on the way home and let rip, my new baby is quick, think it's quicker than the 6 but i don't trust the mini enough yet to really have a go but i think there won't be too much between them.