PDA

View Full Version : MINI Delayed - update on page 2 :(

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 03:11 AM
As I type, hopefully, our new R56 is being born out of quality parts, carefully constructed and assembled in good old Oxford.

Should be in Menzies by the end of the week/beginning of next week sometime.

Edit: Further Update on Page 2, second post from top.:(

A.:approve::approve::(:(

sedgie
20th March 2007, 03:17 AM
lolol i thought you were gonnae say Lenore had given birth!:eek:....congrats on new car coming;):D:D

PACMAN
20th March 2007, 03:55 AM
is it a boy or girl :I

Scottie
20th March 2007, 03:56 AM
I thought the same then I read it was a the car;)

congratulations anyway hopefully it will be a easy birth.:p

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 04:19 AM
Edited the title to stop any misunderstandings.....;)

A.:D

ianking
20th March 2007, 04:47 AM
Wow, that was quick. There isnt quite the big massive waiting times anymore then.

rpn
20th March 2007, 04:55 AM
quote:congratulations anyway hopefully it will be a easy birth.

Its not the birth that he should be worry about its more how the new baby (car) behave in the first few months. :D :p :p

Scottie
20th March 2007, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by rpn

Its not the birth that he should be worry about its more how the new baby (car) behave in the first few months. :D :p :p

yeh but Andy's motor is a automatic. was reading on Mini2 tonight that a MCS with the low down rattle is getting a new gear box:eek: Mini have indetified a problem with the MCS gearbox:eek: fingers crossed the Cooper will be ok

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 04:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

yeh but Andy's motor is a automatic. was reading on Mini2 tonight that a MCS with the low down rattle is getting a new gear box:eek: Mini have indetified a problem with the MCS gearbox:eek: fingers crossed the Cooper will be ok

Also, it's not Andys motor it's Lenores.;):D

Scottie
20th March 2007, 04:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Also, it's not Andys motor it's Lenores.;):D

:D:D

Craig
20th March 2007, 03:31 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

that doesn't sound good... they have already replaced the flywheel and clutch on mine and put the gearbox back in... Hope it doesn't have to come back out again. :(

Scottie
20th March 2007, 04:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

that doesn't sound good... they have already replaced the flywheel and clutch on mine and put the gearbox back in... Hope it doesn't have to come back out again. :(

if you check the post out on Mini2 Craig it is actually a guy with a new Cooper and it is a bearing failure in the gearbox.

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2007, 01:59 AM
Update Tuesday 20th March.

So, it turns out MINI are a little short of parts to make the gearbox at the moment. So our new assembly date is 17th April.:(

So it means we will have our current MINI for the Oxford trip. Which is cool by us.

So, although we're having to wait a wee bit longer for our new "baby" we'll be able to enjoy our current S a wee bit longer too.

Also, Menzies and MINI cust svcs looking after us too.

Craig
21st March 2007, 02:15 AM
sorry to hear that Mr and Mrs P..:(

it's not the only parts they are short off...:eek::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::evil::ev il::evil::mad::mad:

good to see that you are being looked after, good stuff:D

Crombers
21st March 2007, 09:14 AM
Good to se a bit of customer service here, & all the best with your new MINI :p;):approve:

markyc
22nd March 2007, 03:45 AM
Sorry to hear you wee mowta is going to be a bit late guys :disapprove::disapprove: You'll enjoy it all the more when it arrives :D:D:D

'Roll up roll up' all those wanting a new gearbox for their R56 S :eek::eek: Form an orderly queue now......:D:clown:;)

ianking
22nd March 2007, 04:12 AM
At least you wont have to pack 1000 miles on your new car in one weekend anyway.

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2007, 01:57 AM
Yet more delays.:(:(

Just been informed by MINI Customer Services that there is still no sign of the automatic gearbox for our MINI. There is still a supply problem from the manufacturer. They are hoping to resolve the problem by second week in May!!! But there's no guarantee the 'box for our MINI will be included in that delivery of parts.

It is currently listed as a priority vehicle.

What is most frustrating is the vagueness of what we are being told, which is summarised as; "There are no automatic boxes available at the moment. We don't know when they will be available. We will keep in touch and let you know when your vehicle has gone into production."

I realise it's not any one's fault in-particular, and we were prepared to accept the initial delay, as "one of those things". But now we may not have our new MINI until June. After an early February order. What is this? An Aston Martin?

MINI customer services have reiterated they will make up the difference between the original trade in value and the eventual trade in value, and a gesture of goodwill to compensate us for our delay. So they do seem to be looking after us. I'd just rather they were able to give us more concrete production/delivery information.

Off to sulk like a baby.:(:(

A.:(

Craig
18th April 2007, 02:20 AM
just like we had with the delay with the "extra quality control checks". Aye right - faulty fuel pumps more like.. :mad:

I feel your pain, I think that the whole parts issue with the R56 is disgraceful on the part of MINI... I waited 6 weeks for an aircon control unit and I am still waiting on a set of speakers...

I think MINI have put low cost ahead of ability to satisfy the customer's needs...:(:(:disapprove::disapprove:

The Dogfather
18th April 2007, 02:33 AM
Next time buy a Vectra, there common as F*^K but there's no shortage of parts!

I joke of course, but MINI are really letting themselves down. I seem to remember SC having a simmilar supply problem with the 1 series, so maybe its all new BMWs.

N12 JLK
18th April 2007, 03:45 AM
I know how you feel Andy/Lenore:( but hey there will be light at the end of the tunnel:p, I will let you have my sticky toffee pudding on Friday to cheer you up;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2007, 03:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

I will let you have my sticky toffee pudding on Friday to cheer you up;)

I'll hold you to that.;):D

N12 JLK
18th April 2007, 04:26 AM

Oh Bugger:eek:;)

Crombers
18th April 2007, 08:02 AM

I'll give you mine as well (& the toffee pudding ;)) :kiss::clown::p;)

Scottie
9th May 2007, 01:21 PM
hey andyp you got your car yet

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2007, 05:28 PM
hey andyp you got your car yet

As it happens I spoke to Claire at Menzies today and it has finally gone into production. It has a chassis number and should be driving off the production line by the end of tomorrow. Yippeeeeeeee. Should have our grubby paws on it by the end of the month and in time for the Thistle Run, all being well.

A.:D :D :D :D

PACMAN
9th May 2007, 06:31 PM
Nice one .....hope it doesn't have any faults :rolleyes::)

N12 JLK
9th May 2007, 07:11 PM
Good news. There was a wee bit in auto express today on the auto mini saying that the P,D R ect are on the left hand side of the gear column and not on the drivers making it hard to read.

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2007, 07:31 PM
Good news. There was a wee bit in auto express today on the auto mini saying that the P,D R ect are on the left hand side of the gear column and not on the drivers making it hard to read.

Jason, I'm not sure what's more worrying.... that MINI can't be arsed changing the design for the right-hand-drive cars or that you still read Auto Express.:D

N12 JLK
9th May 2007, 07:55 PM
had to move on from Razzle:)

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2007, 12:31 AM
Yippeeeee....:D

Got a call from Clare at Menzies today. Car is "consigned". So should be either at Thorn distribution center or on it's way.:D

However, because of the DVLA reggie transfer we won't have it until early June.:(

Still, at least we know it's been built and is on its way.

Scottie
20th May 2007, 12:33 AM
Yippeeeee....:D

So should be either at Thorn distribution center or on it's way.:D

Nope not seen it yet.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2007, 12:36 AM
Nope not seen it yet.

LOL. I knew you were gonna post something like that.:D

It's not fair, you know, you get to test drive every MINI built before it's shipped to the dealer.:(

And we thought they were all your MINI's, and all the while you were just giving them a good razz for the new owner.:D

A.;)

Scottie
20th May 2007, 12:40 AM
LOL. I knew you were gonna post something like that.:D

It's not fair, you know, you get to test drive every MINI built before it's shipped to the dealer.:(

And we thought they were all your MINI's, and all the while you were just giving them a good razz for the new owner.:D

A.;)

ss'hh don't say that Craig will think I've got it in for him .;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2007, 12:50 AM
ss'hh don't say that Craig will think I've got it in for him .;) ;)

LOL.:D

just typing in any old sh!t now 'cos apparently "lol" and a smilie isn't enough to keep the forum engine happy.:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2007, 05:53 PM
Yippeeeeee!!!!

Car has arrived at Menzies!:D :D :D :D

vintageb3
23rd May 2007, 10:02 PM
Well done Andy!!!!!

When does the gearbox arrive then???:p :eek: :D

mark

Scottie
24th May 2007, 10:34 AM
will you have your car for the thistle run or is that rushing things a bit to much.?:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2007, 10:46 AM
Mark, we shouldn't need to worry about the gear box issues, 'cos ours is an auto box, so is a completely different gear box. Besides I've been assured the reason our car has been delayed is because the gear box was being hand-built in a medically clean environment by Rolls Royce engineers wearing white cotton gloves.:D :D

Fi, won't have the car for Thistle Run. Waiting on DVLA doing the transfer of Lenore's reg.:(

To be honest, we're probably still looking at a couple of weeks before we pick it up.:( But at least it's here.:D

A.:D :D

Scottie
24th May 2007, 11:00 AM
Mark, we shouldn't need to worry about the gear box issues, 'cos ours is an auto box, so is a completely different gear box. Besides I've been assured the reason our car has been delayed is because the gear box was being hand-built in a medically clean environment by Rolls Royce engineers wearing white cotton gloves.:D :D

Fi, won't have the car for Thistle Run. Waiting on DVLA doing the transfer of Lenore's reg.:(

To be honest, we're probably still looking at a couple of weeks before we pick it up.:( But at least it's here.:D

A.:D :D

I wouldn't worry about not having it for the thistle run. Saves it from getting it's front chipped with stones etc etc.

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2007, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about not having it for the thistle run. Saves it from getting it's front chipped with stones etc etc.

That's what we figured Fi. That and the Thistle run miles will be on the old mowta, instead of the new one. We were also thinking on some thistle run's you do have to cane the car a wee bit, and whilst we don't really subscribe to the "keep it below 4,000 revs for 1,500miles" theory, we didn't really want to be in the position were we have to cane it to keep up.

illegalhunter
24th May 2007, 08:28 PM
4000 revs in 6th is about 110 mph you would be wipping ass not struggling take my word for it . As much as mines a dog i can go like feck with a hell of a racket coming from the gearbox.

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2007, 09:12 PM
4000 revs in 6th is about 110 mph you would be wipping ass not struggling take my word for it . As much as mines a dog i can go like feck with a hell of a racket coming from the gearbox.

Who said we'd be in 6th?:eek: ;) ;) ;)

Scottie
28th May 2007, 10:10 PM
well when do you get the new motor any date yet.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
28th May 2007, 10:16 PM
Fi, it's still in the hands of DVLA. Sort of hoping to pick it up on Thursday or Friday this week, but in all honesty I seriously doubt it will be back that soon. So probably next Thursday or Friday.

Because of the distance to Menzies and our (weekend) days being Thurs and Fri, those are the only days we will be able to pick it up.

A.

Scottie
28th May 2007, 10:32 PM
Fi, it's still in the hands of DVLA. Sort of hoping to pick it up on Thursday or Friday this week, but in all honesty I seriously doubt it will be back that soon. So probably next Thursday or Friday.

Because of the distance to Menzies and our (weekend) days being Thurs and Fri, those are the only days we will be able to pick it up.

A.

wellllllllllllllll I could pick it up for you:D :D buggers I'm not allowed in their building :mad: oh well the offer was there:D :D

KenL
28th May 2007, 10:45 PM
wellllllllllllllll I could pick it up for you:D :D buggers I'm not allowed in their building :mad: oh well the offer was there:D :D

What building, Menzies? Are you barred? Tell us more:)

Gismo
29th May 2007, 03:33 AM
Why don't ya just get the car with the normal plate on it, then, transfer it yourself at your convenience :rolleyes: means you get the car when it's ready and no waiting whingin on here ;) :p

FergusM
29th May 2007, 08:17 AM
Why don't ya just get the car with the normal plate on it, then, transfer it yourself at your convenience :rolleyes: means you get the car when it's ready and no waiting whingin on here ;) :p

That is what I'm doing while I wait on my registration getting transferred from the lexus onto renention.

euan
29th May 2007, 10:09 AM
Same here, as a result I should get my new car this week!

Scottie
29th May 2007, 10:57 AM
that;s what I done. V5 through already and just waiting on the number retention coming through doing it this way cost you roughly £25 more but makes getting the car quicker.

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2007, 11:03 AM
We did consider this. And we did this when we bought our current Cooper S. But it took about 6 weeks to get the retention document which you need to transfer back onto our new car. And we got a strange letter from DVLA fining us for not purchasing tax for the old Cooper when it was due, even though we'd traded it in and weren't driving it, and we had filled out all the documents and sent them in to DVLA etc. It took 2 months of fighting that for them to tell us they "wouldn't take it any further on this occasion". Not an apology for their admin mess-up.

So, we've waited two and a half months for the car, another couple of weeks isn't going to kill us.

And Alan, I'm not winging, people asked, so I'm answering their questions.:eek: ;)

lynnyb1984
30th May 2007, 06:55 PM
Picked my car up on sat and have the registered number plate on it as i only sent it away two weeks ago car was currtly not due in the garage until between the 8th & the 12th June so i would rather have it 2 weeks early for £25 retion money and then tranfer it when i receive update from DVLA.

T6 KFR
31st May 2007, 12:46 PM
I've taken my private reg off my current mini and have the rention letter..will transfer the plate myself when I collect the new beast end of july.

Least I can drive around with a 07 plate for a few hours

KenL
31st May 2007, 01:38 PM
I can't help but think these private plates are not worth the hassle.

Does it not cost you £100 or something to put them on retention as well?

FergusM
31st May 2007, 02:21 PM

Hassle...yip, definitley... but makes it much easier to remember your car registration number ;) Used to be almost no hassle...I drove in to collect my BMW and plate was on the car I was trading in, and on the BMW that I collected. Weird when seeing both parked beside each other. Now they make it more complicated and it appears that it can't be done as easily now :(

Think it was £105 to put on renention, that includes the re-assignment fee. All a con so tax man makes more more but hey I still love my private plate and can't wait to get it on my mini.

Gismo
31st May 2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe for you Ken ;) but, like many others, it isn't too much for me

KenL
31st May 2007, 06:59 PM
Maybe for you Ken ;) but, like many others, it isn't too much for me

Fair enough :)

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2007, 10:21 AM

There's no real hassle. The dealers take care of that - for free I might add.;)

The only thing that annoys me is the slow way in which the applications are dealt with. I was speaking with SLawson on the Thistle run and he went into the Inverness DVLA office last time he changed his car..... the reggie was transferred while he waited in the reception office. Took 10 minutes. I guess Edinburgh is just that bit busier, that instead of 10 minutes it takes them 2 weeks.:rolleyes:

It costs (I think) £105 to put a plate on retention, but that includes an £80 transfer fee when you wish to transfer back on. So the overall cost of retaining a plate and then putting it on to your car when you get it is an extra £25. If you just do a straight transfer it only costs you the £25.

Scottie
1st June 2007, 10:33 AM
I was going to post about Inverness DVLA being good.

ianking
1st June 2007, 10:37 AM
I was speaking to my car dealer mate (regular visiter to Edinburgh DVLA office) and he was explaining to me why at the moment all the new cars registered in the Edinburgh, Lothian, Borders and Central areas are getting reg prefix 'TN' as apposed to a Scottish plate such as 'SK, SL, SM, SN' etc.
He was saying that Edinburgh office has had such a demand on lately and they have staff shortages as well as the fact that they are just slow resulting in new car reg requests having to go to the Carlisle office.

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2007, 10:46 PM
There seems to be inconsistency between the regional offices, which I suppose is to be expected.

Glasgow, Aberdeen and Inverness all seem to be able to turn applications around much quicker than Edinburgh just now. Guess where ours is?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Never mind, got some more piccies through today from Clair at Menzies and the car is looking very nice indeed.;) ;) :D

Scottie
2nd June 2007, 12:15 AM
well here in Larbert the DVLA told us to go to Glasgow for putting the number on our Audi. So that is good to hear. Need the retention document through and it is all go. Already got my German plates on order.:cool:

ianking
2nd June 2007, 08:04 AM
A boy I know in Penicuik has put German style plates on his Lupo Gti and it looks very good. :D

Scottie
2nd June 2007, 08:41 AM
A boy I know in Penicuik has put German style plates on his Lupo Gti and it looks very good. :D

You get them now with UK font and Spacing I didn't go for any of those german tax badges things order cool surrounds as well:cool:

vintageb3
2nd June 2007, 09:26 PM
Andy...sorry been away...did you pick your car up?...or am I right that you are still waiting on DVLA?

mark

AndyP & Lenore
2nd June 2007, 10:25 PM
Still waiting on DVLA. Hope to pick it up towards the end of this week..... but........ DVLA:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
5th June 2007, 05:38 PM
Update 5th June 2007.

DVLA transfer through. Picking car up on Thursday 7th. Now two sleepless nights await.:D

A.;)

ianking
5th June 2007, 09:00 PM
That means we will be able to see it on Fri night and fiddle with the sat nav at the mini meets eats. :D