PDA

View Full Version : Budget

Scottie
19th March 2007, 06:55 PM
well some of your greenies will be happy but me I am sad:disapprove::disapprove:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6464783.stm

AndyP & Lenore
19th March 2007, 07:21 PM
I really hope he doesn't raise it to the £400 ish mark. It would certainly hit our family finances. But for us a far bigger problem is the increase in the taxes we have had to pay as a company. Not just corporation tax but all the other stealth taxes, with an extra 2 or 3% here and there every year for the past few years. That has cost us an extra £40 to £50 THOUSAND over the past few years. EACH YEAR! On what it used to cost us before Labour got in.

If Labour win the next election, this country will end up bankrupt.:dead:

A.:(

s12cot
19th March 2007, 09:11 PM
yea and it will be even worse if the Silly Numpty Party get in..... god help us

Scottie
19th March 2007, 09:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I really hope he doesn't raise it to the £400 ish mark. It would certainly hit our family finances. But for us a far bigger problem is the increase in the taxes we have had to pay as a company. Not just corporation tax but all the other stealth taxes, with an extra 2 or 3% here and there every year for the past few years. That has cost us an extra £40 to £50 THOUSAND over the past few years. EACH YEAR! On what it used to cost us before Labour got in.

If Labour win the next election, this country will end up bankrupt.:dead:

don't think they are goiing to increase any in-direct tax this time round.

illegalhunter
19th March 2007, 10:13 PM
We voted these robbinbg bas@@@ds in we can vote them out. If sh*t was dear poor people wouldnt have an ass.

Mon the fish
19th March 2007, 10:17 PM
Basing it on engine size is fine by me, I'll happily keep my polluting little 1.6 supercharged :D

euan
19th March 2007, 11:23 PM
That's the mad thing as far as I'm concerned - encourage the car makers to make more effiecient engines! BMW did a cracking job with the new MINI one in comparison to the old S.

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 01:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

We voted these robbinbg bas@@@ds in ......

I'm frikking sure I didn't!

But I have to say, the closest opposition is a piece of sh!t these days too. They want to tax us to try and save the earth as well. Although I do like their 3% reduction on Corporation tax idea. But they are all the same, they'll give us 3% back there and take 4% off somewhere else.:(:(

weefossy
20th March 2007, 06:01 AM
Up goes the price of Popcorn yet again!!:D;):evil:

BJN
20th March 2007, 06:25 AM
I wish someone would create a Motorists Party hopefully get a few MSPs to try and sort things out

vintageb3
20th March 2007, 06:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Basing it on engine size is fine by me, I'll happily keep my polluting little 1.6 supercharged :D

Mon...I wouldn't be too sure that its based on engine size...

I think the "S" owners will be in for a shock.

mark

BJN
20th March 2007, 06:30 AM
According to news this morning its only vehicles in tax band G that are gonna be hit by the doubling of tax, its not gonna be in one hit though supposed to be happening over 2 years

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2007, 06:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Up goes the price of Popcorn yet again!!:D;):evil:

That's the truth of it though Malcolm. We've little choice. "Someone" has to pay for it. We're a fairly marginal co. as it is.

sedgie
20th March 2007, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by vintageb3

quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Mon...I wouldn't be too sure that its based on engine size...

I think the "S" owners will be in for a shock.

mark

I agree Mark...i said to hubby if too much i'll get rid!:eek::dead:...but was told by him nooooo it's our "toy"....so looks like i'll be keeping it even if the tax goes up! <smiles> :D:D:D:cool: