PDA

View Full Version : Prague MINIs

GAJ
27th January 2004, 08:21 AM
I just got back from Prague. I saw two MINI's and one was black and white, the same as mine! The other one was yellow.

It is unbelievably cold accross there - I have never experienced anything like it!

If the owners of the Czech cars read this i would be well impressed! Unlikely though, I didn't have any fliers!

Monsta Mo Mini
27th January 2004, 08:32 AM
Never mind the MINIs...HOW WAS THE BEER?!

Wul
27th January 2004, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
If the owners of the Czech cars read this i would be well impressed! Unlikely though, I didn't have any fliers!

And why not!!?? surely the first thing you packed in the case!:blackeye::p;)

So...come on then how was the beer then as MMM asked!

Mini Martyn
27th January 2004, 07:13 PM
Thats terable it is now 10.15 am and wee don't know how the beer was!! Could GAJ be a little hung over?? :D

GAJ
27th January 2004, 07:52 PM
The beer wss 50p!

KenL
27th January 2004, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

The beer wss 50p!

Really, I had heard that the Prague prices had become more in line with everywhere else - excellent. I'd like to go there sometime.

Was in Amsterdam the other weekend which was an eye-opener :eek:, the beer was excellent though:)

GAJ
27th January 2004, 11:31 PM
There are brit theme pubs and Irish bars and so on and no doubt they are pricier but in the Czech pubs 0.5l of beer (ususally Pisner Urquell or Staropramen) is 20 to 27 crowns. :D
Who wants to go into a theme bar anyway?

Even in the middle of the tourist spots the beer is cheap! Public transport is brilliant, regular and cheap!

I would go later in the year though. It snowed on Sunday and Monday and that warmed the place up a bit but Friday and Saturday were really bright and clear and absolutely freezing, -17 C.:eek: I have never experienced cold like it. It made the coldest day in Edinburgh seem positively balmy! And that was wearing almost all my clothes.;)

The exchange rate is around £1 = 47 crowns.

KenL
28th January 2004, 12:01 AM
Pilsner Urquell & StarryP - nice beers.