PDA

View Full Version : must be a fake

stoney
19th March 2007, 12:20 AM
seen this on ebay
Fake Cooper S (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-MINI-COOPER-S-JCW-GP-BLUE_W0QQitemZ170092120923QQcategoryZ38708QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

so sent an email

got this reply back

Hello Robert,

I appreciate your interest in my 2006 Mini Cooper S. The price I'm asking for it is £10,300.00 and includes the shipping/handling fees to your location. Of course, you will inspect the car before paying for it.

The transaction will go through eBay for our own protection. They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition.You will have 15 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

The car is in showroom condition inside and out. There are no dimples, dents depressions, scrapes, nor scratches anywhere. The paint is in fantastic condition as is the trim grill, bumpers, glass etc. The wheels are in "as new" condition with no abrasions and the tires are in excellent condition. The interior of this vehicle has no rips, tears, burns, stains, nor worn spots on the seats, carpet, door panels, nor anywhere else, smoke free. The car drives and looks brand new and has an accident free history.

Please forward any questions about the car or the transaction and I'll reply in a timely fashion.

Regards,
Yekaterina

so sent on back asking if i could go and see the car in person and got this back

Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me.I'm curently in Paris,France due to relocating.
I want to point out that i am in the process of moving because of changing my working place, i am after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why i decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
I will not ask for money from you because you haven't seen / test driven the car yet. Here is how we can do this. My suggestion is eBay for the transaction. The financial part will be managed by them. The only thing I request from you is to make the payment to eBay(£10,300.00) but no money will reach my account until the car is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the car is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.

2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal.

3. I will send the car to your location and you will send the money at eBay.

4. After you will inspect the car and decide to keep it, eBay will forward the funds.

If the car is not suitable for you from any reason, your money will be fully refundable and I will take the car back on my cost. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working machine. Anyway, you will have 15 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

Also, let me know if there's something else you need to know.

Regards,
Brandon

zimbo
19th March 2007, 12:46 AM
It still amazes me that people think that were all born yesterday and would not notice a scam when we see it... :evil:

Gismo
19th March 2007, 01:26 AM
An obvious scam, but have fun with it, say you are in Paris right now on a business trip and at Disney too for a combined holiday, mention you can easily see it at a convenient location.
I do it every now and then when i'm offshore, great fun :p then hit them with something like all teh details have been passed to the local police etc etc :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
19th March 2007, 02:55 AM
I just sent him an email too. Lets see if I get the same bullsh!t reply.

Also noted that you got replies from two different people.:disapprove:

A.:D

duncan
19th March 2007, 03:59 AM
£10,300 for a GP? Wow!

I'll have to have a bid on that!

;)

SarahMunro
19th March 2007, 04:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I just sent him an email too. Lets see if I get the same bullsh!t reply.

Also noted that you got replies from two different people.:disapprove:

A.:D

Will be interesting to see what reply you get Andy.