PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

zimbo
18th March 2007, 11:09 PM
I dont know about anyone else on here but I enjoyed the first Grand Prix today.

I think that it is going to be a pretty good season this year, especially now that the grid is so mixed up and doesnt have Schumi racing anymore. Hamilton looks like he's going to do resonably well for a new guy. Four British drivers now...

Think we need to organise an NMS trip to a Grand Prix somewhere around the world sometime... What you think? I have ALWAYS wanted to see a live GP. :p

Craig
19th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Spa is a good place to go to so I have been told. ;):D

zimbo
19th March 2007, 12:36 AM
So does that mean your up for a trip to a GP then Craig? :p:D:cool:

minimad t
19th March 2007, 12:52 AM
cmon the prancing horse:approve:forza ferrari;)

rpn
19th March 2007, 01:16 AM
Has been looking into that myself a few weeks ago. A weekend trip to Milan with the Mrs including going to the Italian GP on Sunday. But the price of the tickets is far too expensive :mad: and decided nae bother with it. Nae wonder all the F1 drivers are all millionaires and that wrinkle dwarf worth hundreds times that! :disapprove: :disapprove:

Gismo
19th March 2007, 01:23 AM
I'm seriously looking into going to Hungary in August, so far the least cost i can find is approx £1250 for flights, accomodation, transfers and entry tickets for the race day only :eek:
The best deal by far is on the official F1 website

Mini Ecosse
19th March 2007, 02:25 AM
We went to Monza 2 years ago. It was fantastic, but my god it was expensive! The price of the tickets was outragous. Still it was a great weekend. We went with Page & Moy and stayed at Lake Como for 3 days. We now go to the DTM racing, much cheaper for tickets plus our neighbours daughter races for Mercedes. (Susie Stoddart).

euan
19th March 2007, 03:58 AM
One of the cheapest places to get tickets is France ;)

Crombers
19th March 2007, 05:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimad t

cmon the prancing horse:approve:forza ferrari;)

And Kimi delivered :approve:

Neil and Lorna
19th March 2007, 05:58 AM
Got to agree the race today was superb.
Lets hope for more exciting close races this year.:D:D

Myself and Lorna are off to Silverstone for this years race,
this will be my 4th visit, you have to see those cars in real life to appreciate the speed and the atmosphere around you.:D:D:D

Got good seats in the grandstand at Stowe corner right at the end of Hangar Straight where schumie( spell check wanted scummier instead of schumie ) :D:D crashed and broke his leg in 1999. Oh and Coultard won the race as well.:D:D

Neil and Lorna.:D:D:D:D

indigomatt
19th March 2007, 04:31 PM
Have been to San Marino myself :cool: 1999 I think, although it may have been earlier ~ fantastic to be in with the Tofu-si :p ~ a McLaren blew its engine up right in front of us and the Ferrari (MS) was nowhere until last few laps and then begun impressively hunting down the pack and finished in 4th or 3rd...

The best part was the track invasation afterwards and being one of the few to shed shoes & socks to cross the dam over the stream by Acque Minerali’ to cut walking round the whole dam circuit, it was bl**dy HOT :eek: …and then randomly meeting some pals in the town afters for a few beers… :D

It wasn’t that costly, well it was free so I don’t really know :p and as an added bonus a week or so before, at Monza we got to see a good half dozen of the teams testing…

That could be a solution, an NMS trip to a testing somewhere, it'll be cheaper...:question: Formula 1 testing is taking place at Silverstone in June, mid week tho ~ £10 on the day no advanced tix sales :cool:

euan
19th March 2007, 04:54 PM
I thought the race yesterday was a bit dull...the problem with F1 was shown so clearly yesterday - Massa with a very fast car couldn't get past Button and Barichelo who have a car that's struggling for pace.

Personally, I'm off to the DTM this year and the WTCC - much cheaper, and overtaking aplenty.

Mon the fish
19th March 2007, 10:14 PM
How about an NMS trip to Maranello? I was there in 1998, and the museum has got a lot better since then. Cheap flights to Bologna (lovely place), train to Modena, bus to Maranello.

There was a street race through Maranello in WTC-type cars, only in Italy! And I got to see the man himself test at Fiorano :approve:

Gismo
20th March 2007, 03:05 PM
Anyone who is into books ;) check out the new Opus F1 Book (http://www.krakenopus.com/opus_col/f1/)

PACMAN
21st March 2007, 01:05 AM
i think i maybe heading to the Turkish one since am there for a wedding :I:p;)

Gismo
25th March 2007, 12:39 AM
I've just booked the Hungary F1 :p anyone else fancy going :cool:

vintageb3
25th March 2007, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

So does that mean your up for a trip to a GP then Craig? :p:D:cool:

I'm going to Silverstone this year...I think its when the GP is on...I'm working on a gig there.

Not even intersted in Formula 1...think its boring to watch. Prefer cars that look like cars to be honest.

hmmmm

mark