PDA

View Full Version : air horn

G19RNT
18th March 2007, 01:24 AM
does anyone have any advice on how to fit an air horn to a mini cooper?

Craig
18th March 2007, 02:28 AM
Hi Jim,

I've had one installed on one of my previous coopers. Mounted it to the plastic rear wheel carrier (underneath the boot). Wired it to the battery (with a fuse in-line) and put a switch in the car under the centre console.

Fairly easy if you know your electrics, or cheap for an auto electrician to do..

sedgie
18th March 2007, 05:58 AM
Yayyy thanks for that....me was thinking o puttin "general lee" on my mini!;):D:D:D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
19th March 2007, 04:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Hi Jim,

I've had one installed on one of my previous coopers. Mounted it to the plastic rear wheel carrier (underneath the boot). Wired it to the battery (with a fuse in-line) and put a switch in the car under the centre console.

Fairly easy if you know your electrics, or cheap for an auto electrician to do..

Or another wee idea would be to wire them into the rear fag lighter, still using a in-line fuse to be on the safe side. BTW craig ive still not fitted them yet. Hopefully next weekend if i get a day off. I will let you know when i hook them up. :D

Craig
19th March 2007, 04:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Hi Jim,

Or another wee idea would be to wire them into the rear fag lighter, still using a in-line fuse to be on the safe side. BTW craig ive still not fitted them yet. Hopefully next weekend if i get a day off. I will let you know when i hook them up. :D

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

Crombers
19th March 2007, 05:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

Yayyy thanks for that....me was thinking o puttin "general lee" on my mini!;):D:D:D

Well , at least we'll be able to hear you when you do get lost :p;)

Burple
19th March 2007, 06:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

If only 'Lost' had a theme tune.. You could have had that!! ;):p:p:p:D:D:D