PDA

View Full Version : Lohen test their standard R56 S to 204.8bhp!!

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2007, 08:35 AM
Following on from Ian King's rolling road adventures....

As seen in this article on MINI2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-mini-cooper-s/137657-benchmark-r56-cooper-s.html) Lohen (NMS Sponsors) have tested their unmodified R56 Cooper S on three different rolling raods...

1) 204.8bhp - 195.9lbf.ft
2) 196.0bhp - 178.6lbf.ft
3) 195.4bhp - 197.1lbf.ft

All tests carried out with the same fuel in the tank.

So it seems Ian's car is not a unique specimen, but more par for the course. It looks like MINI are deliberately dropping the "stated" bhp for some reason.....One suggestion muted in the MINI2 thread is to make the car more insurable for younger drivers.

I don't suppose anyone is going to take their car back and complain under the Sale Of Goods act that the vehicle was not "as described".

A.:D

dundeered
17th March 2007, 02:23 PM
defo dont think the cooper has got any more bhp, not as quick as i thought it would be, bit dissapointed to be honest.may have to consider ecu remap

KenL
17th March 2007, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by dundeered

defo dont think the cooper has got any more bhp, not as quick as i thought it would be, bit dissapointed to be honest.may have to consider ecu remap

Really, I am more than happy with the performance of mine.

Is it performance in any particular situation you are unhappy with?

How many miles have you got on it now?

stoney
17th March 2007, 07:21 PM
i dont feal so bad now that on was keeping up with my works

illegalhunter
17th March 2007, 07:26 PM
The King is dead love live the new one Stone

KenL
17th March 2007, 08:34 PM
These make the R56 S look like very good value.

An optional extra at about £4k was required in the old model to get the same performance!

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2007, 09:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

An optional extra at about £4k was required in the old model to get the same performance!

The JCW upgrade in the old model got you roughly 210bhp. Still I'd pocket the £4k and be more than happy with 195 to 204 bhp.

sh@z
17th March 2007, 10:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by KenL

The JCW upgrade in the old model got you roughly 210bhp. Still I'd pocket the £4k and be more than happy with 195 to 204 bhp.

Until you realise the JCW now gives you 240 or something, and you decide you NEED that power. [;p]

Scottie
18th March 2007, 03:22 AM
h'mm who cares;):p:cool:

on the cooper not being as fast as the R53 version it's a different drive now you most defo need to use the gears. 6th is only for motorway speeds and if you find yourself in the wrong gear in the cooper now it just won't go anywhere.

The Dogfather
18th March 2007, 04:50 AM
Hmmmmm, very interesting...................................