PDA

View Full Version : Seafront Spectacular - Arbroath

shoppie
14th March 2007, 07:14 AM
Hello again people!

Had no end of email problems so apologies to anyone who might have been trying to pm me.

The show is on again this year (Saturday 14th July 11:00am - 5ish) and hopefully will be bigger and better again.
We would like to invite you guys an gals and your Minis along again to sunny Arbroath for year 4.
This year I would like to try and spell the word MINI out of cars on the park this year, hopefully we may get enough to acheive this?????

On the entertainment side we are talking to Car and Bike stunt drivers. We have aviation acts booked. Very large military participation including the Golden Lions Parachute Display team, Army mobile assault course and or a paint gun range. The Royal Marines are planning something..;) and subject to confirmation the RAF may make a noise at the start of the event.

The usual suspects will of course be there (Beer tent, bands, stalls, funfair etc.)

The website www.seafront.org.uk (http://www.seafront.org.uk) will be updated regularly so check there for more info.

Anyway, names as usual please

1 Big Gordy
2 -Sy-
3 Duncan Stewart
4 Pacman(maybe)
5 Rockwell
6 Monkimagic
7 Indigomatt
8 Mark R (maybe, now updated to definately)
9 -Sy-'s mum
10 Stone
11 Fairy
12 Kirsty
13 space vacant
14 ajamesj(maybe)(going to try hard though...)
15 low n loud 1
16 weefossy
17 Ewan & Gill(2 cars?)
18 Coop
19 Crombers
20 Ian King(2 cars)
21 Claire & Rab
22 Vintageb3
23 Scottishcooper
24 sedgie
25 CCM
26 BAZtheMOD
27 Sweeny
28 Zimbo
29 S7JGW
30 RPN

**IMPORTANT**

Please see first post in the thread!

**LOCATION CHANGE FOR FINAL MEET UP IN DUNDEE DUE TO ONGOING ROADWORKS**

Big Gordy
14th March 2007, 04:08 PM
Mark me down for this one Shoppie:p:D:approve:

-Sy-
14th March 2007, 09:22 PM
I shall be there! :D:D:D As I live 2 minutes away :D
Sy

Duncan Stewart
14th March 2007, 10:18 PM
Great work Howard :D Helen and I will be there

PACMAN
14th March 2007, 11:59 PM
can you put me and Jaffa down as a maybe :I:p:D

monkimagic
15th March 2007, 04:15 AM
I am in!!!!

indigomatt
15th March 2007, 07:27 AM
Me too... :D is there going to be a convoy this year :eek:

-Sy-
15th March 2007, 07:52 PM
Include my mum too as she's all excited about it!!!
Gina Douglas (R56 BRG D)

Mark R
15th March 2007, 08:27 PM
Can you put us down as a maybe please, was myself and Joanna's first MINI outing together so would be fun to attend a second.

stoney
16th March 2007, 02:45 AM
put me and christine down where there last yar and it was brill

Fairy
16th March 2007, 11:20 PM
Count me in plus 1 please :D:D:P:P

Kirsty
17th March 2007, 12:05 AM
Hi can you put me and my better half, steve, down as a maybe!! The last run I was on was Arbroath 2005 so I'd love to be able to come to this one!!! (operation date dependant) I'll let you know for definate as soon as I do!!! Thanks Howard!!

Burple
17th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Put us down again please!!
We'll be even closer this time! :cool::cool::D:D
Might even have a couple of yer back for a cuppa after the show :p

ajamesj
17th March 2007, 03:06 AM
Put us down as a maybe going to try hard to get this off this year since its in my home town

weefossy
17th March 2007, 08:40 PM
Shoppie, put us down again. Almost an annual pilgrimage:D:D

gill
18th March 2007, 06:30 AM
Put Ewan & Gill down for this ... we can bring both mini's if you need more in numbers!!!!

M I N I - I like that idea :D:D:D

Coop
19th March 2007, 12:28 AM
I'll be up for this again, last year was great. :D

Crombers
20th March 2007, 04:22 PM
Oh I think I'll make this my 3rd Arbroath trip, great day out :approve:

ianking
21st March 2007, 04:36 AM
Hi put me down for this please, will hopefully bring 2 cars as well.

shoppie
21st March 2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for support so far folks. Fantastic!!

Should have the first of many emergency planning meetings soon so I'll get an answer on the convoy at that time.

Crombers
21st March 2007, 09:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by shoppie

Thanks for support so far folks. Fantastic!!

Should have the first of many emergency planning meetings soon so I'll get an answer on the convoy at that time.

Hope the convoy can be accomodated , what a brill way to start the day :):D:cool::approve:

Crombers
21st March 2007, 09:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

Hi can you put me and my better half, steve, down as a maybe!! The last run I was on was Arbroath 2005 so I'd love to be able to come to this one!!! (operation date dependant) I'll let you know for definate as soon as I do!!! Thanks Howard!!

Great to hear from you, would be fab to see you again , g'on the "Purple Ronnie" :approve::):D:cool:

Mark R
21st March 2007, 06:10 PM
Can definately go now barring any unforseen circumstances of course so can take off the maybe.:)

-Sy-
22nd March 2007, 02:13 AM
Shoppie, If i can be of any use at all for the seafest give me a shout, I live 2 miles out of town and am mopre than happy to help.

Sy

shoppie
23rd March 2007, 06:12 AM
Seafest!!! cough! splutter!!! Thats a swearword in our committee:D:D

Seafront Spectacular is the event you want to be at:p:p

I'm sure I can give you a job though..

Thanks

claire
25th March 2007, 04:21 AM
please add me and Rab too, sounds like a great day out.

vintageb3
31st March 2007, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by claire

please add me and Rab too, sounds like a great day out.

Can you add Kim and I?

Thanks

mark

ScottishCooper
3rd April 2007, 04:46 AM
Ah nice one, didnt think this was going to happen this year.
Put us down (again) for it. This time with the mut..... Big W !!
And not forgetting the fantastic wife... Carol !!

Cheers,
Craig

sedgie
3rd April 2007, 04:52 AM
Add me please:D......Thanks

Colin
10th April 2007, 06:37 PM
Put me down for this one please.:D

Sounds like a great day out.

Cheers
Colin.

X30YES
27th April 2007, 03:47 AM
yip, add me as well Howard .....I'll get times and pick ups sorted out again if its not already in hand :question:

Sweeney
27th April 2007, 04:01 AM
cant believe i missed this as well... add me please :)

shoppie
8th May 2007, 11:24 PM
yip, add me as well Howard .....I'll get times and pick ups sorted out again if its not already in hand :question:

Yes please Angus:cool:

PASL
15th May 2007, 05:30 PM
Sadly i will be lying on a beach with a beer :D

Paul...

zimbo
15th May 2007, 06:28 PM
Can you put me down for this one again as well please :D thank you :)

S7JGW
18th May 2007, 02:28 PM
Can you put my name down should be able to go. If it was like last year should be a good day.
Jim:D :) :D

shoppie
20th May 2007, 06:45 PM
It'll be better than last years! Terry Grant has now confirmed:p

www.terrygrant.com (http://www.terrygrant.com)

Bazthemod
20th May 2007, 07:11 PM
add me please :)

rpn
25th May 2007, 05:02 PM
Me and my other 3/4 please.

s12cot
25th May 2007, 05:06 PM
shoppie - i saw you in you bmw the other night heading up towards the hospital....

shoppie
15th June 2007, 08:51 PM
Aye! that was me. Missing the Mini though:(

Are you adding your name to the list?

I have asked the Mini Clan to to spell the word MINI out of cars on the park and was hoping NMS might be able to do the same along side.:D
Any one fancy organising this?

Will certainly make a bonnie photo from the top of the hill on the park.

Burple
15th June 2007, 10:23 PM

I have asked the Mini Clan to to spell the word MINI out of cars on the park and was hoping NMS might be able to do the same along side.:D

Howard, I'm also in contact with the guy who is organising www.ScottishMini.co.uk (http://www.ScottishMini.co.uk) to attend as well, and it's on the cards that they'll be meeting up with us in Dundee too, before we head along :cool::D

Have you heard anything from them? THey're definitely planning on coming along :D

Sweeney
15th June 2007, 10:24 PM
'bout time this was made into a sticky i think? Wouldn't you agree?
*eherm* :D

s12cot
19th June 2007, 08:24 AM

Shoppie - Don't blame you for missing the MINI, i can't come as we are still on our Honeymoon at the time, we get married on Saturday, the service is in Guthrie and the reception at the Carnsnoty Golf Hotel...

X30YES
19th June 2007, 05:52 PM
I'm offshore this year and will miss it !:confused:

rockwell
19th June 2007, 09:35 PM

Hopefully with shoppies help,we may be able to blag our way onto the helicopter for a few wide angle pictures of the "Mini" line-up,we just bought a f2.8 fisheye lens so that might even be better,ill only know on the day what will work,and what wont,i should get it in the local papers if i get a good shot,and Modren Mini,if Phil,aint there,to get it himself

Donald + Greg
Rockwellmedia

Bazthemod
19th June 2007, 10:14 PM
Shoppie u missed me from list lol :( :D

shoppie
24th June 2007, 07:41 PM
Howard, I'm also in contact with the guy who is organising www.ScottishMini.co.uk (http://www.ScottishMini.co.uk) to attend as well, and it's on the cards that they'll be meeting up with us in Dundee too, before we head along :cool::D

Have you heard anything from them? THey're definitely planning on coming along :D

Yes I've been speaking to him and have all his details. Passes are all done and should be going out this week. Can I send the passes for NMS to him also? Makes sense to dish them out before leaving Dundee.

shoppie
24th June 2007, 07:43 PM
Hopefully with shoppies help,we may be able to blag our way onto the helicopter for a few wide angle pictures of the "Mini" line-up,we just bought a f2.8 fisheye lens so that might even be better,ill only know on the day what will work,and what wont,i should get it in the local papers if i get a good shot,and Modren Mini,if Phil,aint there,to get it himself

Donald + Greg
Rockwellmedia

Hopefully if things work out with "MINI" parking arrangments we should all manage to get a photo front the top of the hill:D

Burple
24th June 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes I've been speaking to him and have all his details. Passes are all done and should be going out this week. Can I send the passes for NMS to him also? Makes sense to dish them out before leaving Dundee.

Hey Howard, If they're for the ScottishMini lot yeah, I think that would be the best idea..
Are we getting some too? Are you gonna be joining us, or would you like to send them out to me to take to Dundee? Or I could pop in to Arbroath if you like, we're just up the road in Redford now :D:D
(Assuming that this isn't already arranged at least :))

ianking
25th June 2007, 08:37 PM
Hi

Can you change me to just bringing 1 mini as it will be a bit costly to bring them both.
thanks

Ian

Big Gordy
2nd July 2007, 11:38 AM
What's the plan for convoying up to this...??
Same as last year...?? ie Glasgow,Stirling,Dundee = Arbroath:D

Big Gordy
2nd July 2007, 12:09 PM
This was the pick-up times and places from last years run:D
Will we just use them for this year...?

Pick up 1 , Hamilton Svs BP M74(North) 08:00 dept
Pick up 2 , C'nauld Svs Shell/Little Chef,A80 to include Glasgow 08:15 dept
Pick up 3 , Stirling moto Svs J9/M9. 08:30 dept
Pick up 4 , Perth Now + J11 M90 (lay by under the tower)09:00 dept
Pick up 5 , Dundee Cineworld, Kingsway. Camperdown C Pk 09:45
Pick up 6 , Aberdeen Duthie Park, 08:30 dept
Pick up 7 , Edinburgh Hermiston Gate ,NOW via Pick up 4 Perth 08:30 dept

ianking
2nd July 2007, 12:29 PM
I would like to leave from Edinburgh Hermiston Gate. Will anyone else be leaving from there.

Mark R
2nd July 2007, 04:31 PM
I would like to leave from Edinburgh Hermiston Gate. Will anyone else be leaving from there.

Leaving from Gala but will meet up with whoever's there on the way.

Mark R
2nd July 2007, 04:32 PM
Anyone else from down Gala area going on this one?

Burple
3rd July 2007, 12:21 PM
This was the pick-up times and places from last years run:D
Will we just use them for this year...?

Pick up 1 , Hamilton Svs BP M74(North) 08:00 dept
Pick up 2 , C'nauld Svs Shell/Little Chef,A80 to include Glasgow 08:15 dept
Pick up 3 , Stirling moto Svs J9/M9. 08:30 dept
Pick up 4 , Perth Now + J11 M90 (lay by under the tower)09:00 dept
Pick up 5 , Dundee Cineworld, Kingsway. Camperdown C Pk 09:45
Pick up 6 , Aberdeen Duthie Park, 08:30 dept
Pick up 7 , Edinburgh Hermiston Gate ,NOW via Pick up 4 Perth 08:30 dept

Nice one big man, I was looking for them. The ScottishMini lot were aking about times to meet in Dundee before leaving..
Was this for leaving Dundee at 9.45? I can't remember.
There's no point in using any other times and and places i don't think, these ones seem to work just fine :cool:
Now we jst need a volunteer to add in all the people to the right lists. One person to do this per pick up place? or is someone gonna be brave enough to take it all on?;)
I'd volunteer myself, but I'm going to be stupidly busy in the next 2 weeks since the boss is off on hols 4 weeks before the handover of our new teaching block, and I need to take his place at *ALL* the meetings.:( Hmph. I'll quite happily arrange a list / thread for those just meeting in Dundee tho...

Big Gordy
3rd July 2007, 12:32 PM
I could do the Stirling to Perth bit I suppose:rolleyes:
Although not sure about this bit
"Pick up 4 , Perth Now + J11 M90 (lay by under the tower)09:00 dept"..:confused:
Did we not just meet in that garage car park just after that silly elongated round-a-bout..:confused:

stoney
3rd July 2007, 12:56 PM
i can do the hamaloton one if u want

Burple
3rd July 2007, 01:55 PM
"Pick up 4 , Perth Now + J11 M90 (lay by under the tower)09:00 dept"..:confused:
Did we not just meet in that garage car park just after that silly elongated round-a-bout..:confused:

That's wht I thought happened...
Right, I'll start a thread for the Dundee pick up...
Any preferences for just scooting along the dual carriageway, or another go at the sceneic route? If we leave Dundee at 09.45, the coutry road route should be fine for time.

stoney
3rd July 2007, 02:35 PM
where we not late last year and missed the convoy ???

Coop
3rd July 2007, 07:00 PM

As I ended up being the only Perth car last year I just met up with everyone on the A90 Perth to Dundee road at a place which Angus had agreed with me. This was to stop everyone going through the town. This year I will happily do the same, or collect anyone who wants to meet at Perth.

Grant

sh@z
3rd July 2007, 09:13 PM
Ah bugger missed this thread!!!! :(

Can I come along??? Don't have a mini anymore but can I bring along the RX8? Should have the new wheels on it by then :p

stoney
3rd July 2007, 09:50 PM
As I ended up being the only Perth car last year I just met up with everyone on the A90 Perth to Dundee road at a place which Angus had agreed with me. This was to stop everyone going through the town. This year I will happily do the same, or collect anyone who wants to meet at Perth.

Grant

i have set up a thred

i know where u are on about

that sounds like the best plan !!

Burple
4th July 2007, 10:46 AM

Can I come along??? Don't have a mini anymore but can I bring along the RX8? Should have the new wheels on it by then :p

Ach I suppose so.. but ONLY if you have the wheels on! :p:p:D:D:D:cool:

sh@z
4th July 2007, 03:19 PM
Ach I suppose so.. but ONLY if you have the wheels on! :p:p:D:D:D:cool:

I might do, JUUUUUST for you mate :cool:

ajamesj
5th July 2007, 08:37 PM
Iam havin to work so foin to have to cancel its in my home town aswell same thing happened last year

ianking
9th July 2007, 09:09 PM
Folks, sorry about this but Sarah and I are not going to be able to make this. Family commitments have turned up on Sat. :(

Ian

shoppie
9th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Hey Howard, If they're for the ScottishMini lot yeah, I think that would be the best idea..
Are we getting some too? Are you gonna be joining us, or would you like to send them out to me to take to Dundee? Or I could pop in to Arbroath if you like, we're just up the road in Redford now :D:D
(Assuming that this isn't already arranged at least :))

Hi LL

The passes are in my shop in Arbroath, if you want to collect them that would great! (Carpet Disco in Millgate 9-5pm wed half day)

Thanks

shoppie
9th July 2007, 09:53 PM

Ok then! Hopefully no one will notice its not a mini:D :D

sh@z
10th July 2007, 10:29 AM
Hehe, awesome.

Thanks mate :)

Burple
10th July 2007, 04:42 PM
**IMPORTANT**

Please see first post in the thread!

**LOCATION CHANGE FOR FINAL MEET UP IN DUNDEE DUE TO ONGOING ROADWORKS**

Howard, can you please paste this int othe first post of the thread, hopefully everyone will see it...

Burple
10th July 2007, 05:03 PM
Howard, you have a PM.... *kinda important*
ta.

Crombers
11th July 2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry peeps but I'm gonna have to pull out of this meet. Having been to the previous two it's a great day out. Enjoy :cool:

ELFMAN
13th July 2007, 08:28 AM
Have a great day everybody! I'll be having a fun time moving furniture in the office to let the painter get at the walls...

S7JGW
13th July 2007, 08:47 AM
Sorry folks thought would make this one but got other things on at home, why is everything in the same weekend lol
Jim

monkimagic
13th July 2007, 10:23 AM
What time does Kevin Carmichael take the stage?

Bazthemod
13th July 2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1621

Get in! :D

monkimagic
13th July 2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/bigthumb.gif

Kirsty
13th July 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm really sorry but I'm not going to make it this year either!!! Was really looking forward to it!!! Hope you all have a great time and that the weather gets better and you can enjoy mum and dad fozzy's annual picnic!! Have fun!!!

Hadi
13th July 2007, 11:22 PM
I was at last years run with my cooper (now sold) my mates sister should be there tomorrow in her silver convertible again, think she will be at the little chef cumbernauld around 8 ish

sedgie
14th July 2007, 12:44 AM
Really sorry ...short notice:o ....dog has hurt foot..thought might get better....hmmm vet in morning!:mad: ...don't think we will be there.....sorry:(

N ffs polished car n my nice dark window tints!<smirks>

Maxxed Ross
14th July 2007, 01:53 AM
well it's heaving it down here, hope it clears up!

vintageb3
14th July 2007, 07:24 AM
It will.....because I'm going along dressed as a woman today.

Don't you remember what A-HA used to say??

"The Sun always Shines on a TV"

OK....I'll grab ma coat...

(must remember to take the wee short black one with the piping though...cause it matches my shoes and handbag...:eek: :D)

mark

Maxxed Ross
14th July 2007, 08:34 PM
well turned out a great day!

Another cracking event... shame the air stuff was down on what it usually is... it's not the same without a fast jet screaming about the place

Stunt shows were fantastic as always!

Colin
14th July 2007, 10:11 PM
First time I've been at this, not bad at all.:D Lots of burning rubber from the stunt guys.

Good to meet some of the folk I haven't met before. It stayed dry which was great, actually quite hot at some points throughout the day.:cool:

Was good to meet you Ross,(not so much your Dad, I see him every day :p;)), liked the remote control stunt show. Still recovering from that great lunch Mmmm (Fatboy Slim does it again).

Twas a good run back down the road Big G. Did you see the guy in the silver CRX in front of me when we got onto the A91, he was flying along one of the straights and there was this dip in the road, when he hit it there was a huge cloud of smoke. I can only guess his suspension must have bottomed out and his tyres scrubbed on the body work, it looked like he had lowered it so probably run out of travel. That's why I think he pulled in at the layby to see what had happened.:o

AndyP & Lenore
15th July 2007, 01:13 AM
From the piccies thread it looks like you all had a good time and the weather looked to be dry at least.

On the first post of this thread Shoppie has about 30 MINI's listed. But there's only about 12 in the photo's.:confused: Lot's of no shows??:confused:

A.:o

The Bull
15th July 2007, 10:47 PM
Glad I came and said hi to a few of you at Focus. Sorry I couldn't join you at the event, had family commitments. Pity it hadn't been on the Sunday, has been scorching here today.

p.s. Shaz, your motor is lubberly. On the MINI front, I thought Sweeneys looked the best on exiting McDonalds car park with Zimbos a close second!

Sweeney
15th July 2007, 11:37 PM
:D wehay, you know its true! ;)

Coop
15th July 2007, 11:50 PM
There were 2 or 3 stand out cars at Arbroath, but for me Vintage b3, Fossy and Sweeney stood out.

Just my opinion - please don't shout at me anyone!

PS - the Jap motors looked braw too :D

sh@z
16th July 2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments re my car guys, very much appreciated :)... I think I'm done blowing cash on it... I think... LOL

Was good meeting some new faces aswell, I may tag along on more runs again lol.

PS - the Jap motors looked braw too :D

Don't treat us like outsiders!!! we were trying so hard to blend in too :D

Coop
16th July 2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry - didn't mean it like that! :o

sh@z
16th July 2007, 12:37 AM
hehe I know, i jest ;)

Coop
16th July 2007, 12:39 AM
Good! Cheers for letting me tag along yesterday - Its not easy turning up on your own

sh@z
16th July 2007, 12:42 AM
No worries, I know how it feels lol ;) was good meeting you though

Big Gordy
16th July 2007, 08:07 AM
Twas a good run back down the road Big G. Did you see the guy in the silver CRX in front of me when we got onto the A91, he was flying along one of the straights and there was this dip in the road, when he hit it there was a huge cloud of smoke. I can only guess his suspension must have bottomed out and his tyres scrubbed on the body work, it looked like he had lowered it so probably run out of travel. That's why I think he pulled in at the layby to see what had happened.:o

Yeh I saw him but didn't see the "smoking" incident:eek: saw him pull over tho:rolleyes: I had to ease off the pace a bit on the way home as the fuel light came on just before we pulled off the motorway:o Didn't know how much juice was left so thought I better take it easier. Your wee 'S' sounds sweet when on song by the way;) :D :cool:

Burple
16th July 2007, 10:25 AM
Hey hey.. Another fine day in Arbroath! good to see some old and new faces, and to put names to some as well! (Coop, CCM, Monki etc) :D
Thankfully the weather held out, the displays were ace, The parachute team did a fine job landing it in that wind too!
Shaz.. car look much nicer in the metal too.
Same as usual for Arbroath.. got home tired and slightly sunburnt!
Hope you guys following us out of Arbroath got home ok, I should have mentioned to you we were heading out the back way home :o:D

Well done again Howard, cracking day out, Smokies and fresh donuts for dinner! :cool::D

X30YES
16th July 2007, 02:49 PM
"The parachute team did a fine job "

Did wee Christine do a jump again this year :rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D :D :D

shoppie
22nd July 2007, 11:20 PM
Hi folks

Thanks once again for your support this year. We had another great show and managed to raise a few bob after costs for upgrading Arbroath's christmas lights etc.

I have a few 40 page A5 souvenier brochures left if anyone wants one. Just pm me with your address and I'll pop one in the post for you.

Fossy's - I missed you by minutes on Saturday. Next time.....

Howard