PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Neil and Lorna
12th March 2007, 07:25 PM
Opinions Please from anybody who has upgraded their brakes.

I Know its been discussed before but is it worth the extra money to change to EBC Greenstuff pads and dics or similar or are the standard brakes from Mini as good.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated. I.E did you notice any improvment.

Neil.:D:D

Aberdeen Al
12th March 2007, 08:03 PM
I got a set of GTT Spiroslots for front & rear - apart from the odd squeek they are far better than standard and pretty reasonably priced.

Gorbash12346
14th March 2007, 06:11 AM
just put a set of turbo grooved ebc discs and green stuff pads on the front of my dads 530D (last 2 genuine sets have warped) and the difference is quite impressive good braking from cold and very little dust with very progressive bite and feel even if it does make a little more noise

quite happy with them though depending on your car imo myself i'd be going for a big brake kit

Big Gordy
14th March 2007, 04:17 PM
Greenstuff pads are great:D BUT....I've gone through 2 sets of EBC front discs on the Mundane due to warping (back to standard Ford discs now) so wouldn't recommend them I'm afraid:( I had them on my XR2 and they were soooooperb but I don't know if they changed manufacturer or something but first set were replaced under warranty second set were out of warranty so just went back to standard:I First set under 10 months old when they warped(heavy vibration under braking) second set were about 14 months old when same thing happened:dead: :p:D:approve: