PDA

View Full Version : CD player

john-apex
25th January 2004, 10:28 AM
Thinking about getting a multi disc cd player fitted in Lucy. Any advice please:).

Gismo
25th January 2004, 11:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by john-apexThinking about getting a multi disc cd player fitted in Lucy. Any advice please:).
John, does your car have the CD prep as fitted by the dealer, if so you can buy a cd changer that fits in there, also, do you want to be able to play MP3's, again you can buy one that suits and fits the cabling.

You need to find out if your car has the cd prep first, either check your car documentation or look in the boot. If looking into the boot, go to the driver side panel and remove it, in there should be a block connector, it may well be taped up.
After that you can decide which option suits :)

john-apex
25th January 2004, 09:05 PM
Yes Allan it does have the CD prep kit fitted but should I go for the dealer option which is about £240 fitted or would I be better trying elsewhere:question:

Steve74
25th January 2004, 09:28 PM
Would suggest you check what brand of multi-cd player can be fitted. I think the standard BMW units are made by Blaupunkt (if thats how it's spelt) and may not be compatible with non-bmw branded head units. It's a pretty easy job to install the CD player - would check from parts how much the seperate unit is aside from fitting!

Gismo
26th January 2004, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Yes Allan it does have the CD prep kit fitted but should I go for the dealer option which is about £240 fitted or would I be better trying elsewhere:question:
Depends if you want to be able to play MP3's, if you don't there are still cheaper alternatives out there, or, browse the for sale section here and mini2 as someone always has one for sale.

In fact jaybeeonline has one for sale right now ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
26th January 2004, 05:32 AM
john- if it was me i'd got for a new head unit and changer combo as the sound benefits are worth it alone and you can get a decent setup for abou £200 or if you want to stick with the OEM head unit i'd opt for the Sony 6 disc changer and connects 2 interface kit - this gives you the MP3 option anyway and only costs about £160 ish if i remeber right - it is a cinch to install to the CD prep in the boot - 3 screws and two block connectors easy peasy!

Have a search in the Interior forum on MINI2 for more details.

or tey this thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44108&highlight=sony+cd+changer

:)

jaybeeonline
26th January 2004, 06:02 PM
John-apex

Bonnie is right, I have a complete MINI changer assembly for sale for £150.00.

It has to go as the MINI is now gone. :mad:
Make me an offer :)

ps It takes all of 5 minutes to fit

Bonnie Scotland............whats the commission fee for recommendations? ;);););)

Gismo
27th January 2004, 04:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by jaybeeonlineBonnie Scotland............whats the commission fee for recommendations? ;);););)
50 per cent sounds good :)

john-apex
27th January 2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks for all the advise guys,looking forward to getting one fitted soon as. Get my Bruce Springsteen CD's looked out:D:D:D