PDA

View Full Version : subs and amp instal. Help and advice.

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 06:37 AM
i just bought 2 15inch Sub woofers and an amp (all JBL) and a wiring kit but i need some help, i dont have a clue what to do. The back seats will be folded down incase i need em in the future.

i have got my hands on the following...

2x15inch JBL GT3-15 subs
Pro Power GTi A302GTi amp
Autoleads amp wiring kit PC4-27 (8-Gauge Terminated power and earth cables, Blade fuseholder and spare 40amp fuse, OFC 5m phono cable, Remote switch lead, 2m subwoofer speaker cable and speaker terminals for ampliier and speaker.)

I'm not sure if the wiring kit is for 1 sub or if it will wire up two subs.

*cries*

Is there anyone here that can give some advice and things to remember? Stuff i need etc? Anyone brave enough to give me a hand? ;)

Fanks.

KJ

Gismo
25th January 2004, 06:46 AM
KJ, John, aka Zoooooom springs to mind, as does mikeythemini, maybe even LnL1 and broken brian.
Sorry, i can't help, one area of cars i'm not very good at, you could also post on MIN2 :)

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 06:59 AM
thanks man. i've posted there also. I might ask John or Ewan if they fancy givin a helpin hand. I'm gonna look for guides and see if i can figure it out, cos it'd be good to learn. I'll post my findings here. :)

broken_brian
26th January 2004, 05:23 AM
have u got ur new toy installed yet then kj go round and chap shortys door he will know better than me since my sub was pre wired to the amp i just ran the power cable phono and earth to the amp easy for the power and earth due to the battery living in the boot :D

the kit should be able to wire up the two subs if he gave u the kit for wiring up two subs that is

Burple
26th January 2004, 07:12 PM
Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet? Have you done it yet?

heh...
If you need a hand, I'll gladly jump in and get me hands dirty. the install will be very similar to mine :D maybe just a wee bit louder tho... ;):cool::blackeye:
You should be able to do them both with the kit you got. you might need some more connectors tho ;)
Did you get a set of Phono leads to connect the amp to the Head Unit?

minidriver#1
27th January 2004, 06:42 PM
Ewan did a great job on the sounds last night. Cant wait to show it off. Thanks again man.

*ears ringing*

Mini Martyn
27th January 2004, 07:11 PM
"Sounds" good man cant wait to see it! :cool:

Gismo
28th January 2004, 04:49 AM
Pictures :)

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 05:51 AM
i'll do that rght now

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 06:02 AM
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/KJ_daGreenMini/25372_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/KJ_daGreenMini/25372.jpg)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/KJ_daGreenMini/25373_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/KJ_daGreenMini/25373.jpg)

the edge of the JBL logo on the amp glows a dull red which is cool. The black box and the red logos and wiring match the car fine so far, but i'll upholster it in the future. Plenty of room left in the boot. Just need to secure the install now.

Gismo
28th January 2004, 06:16 AM
No wonder there is still plenty of room in the boot, you didn't install anything innit :eek:

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 06:16 AM
;) secondary install methinks? i need somewhere to keep a spare 19inch wheel :(

duncan
28th January 2004, 06:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

;) secondary install methinks? i need somewhere to keep a spare 19inch wheel :(

A 19" wheel in the boot:eek: Lucky to get the shopping in the boot, let alone a full alloy and tyre!

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 06:27 AM
:'( roof rack?

duncan
28th January 2004, 06:34 AM
heh

broken_brian
28th January 2004, 07:23 AM
lookin cool kj cant wait to get perforated ear drums listening to it :D

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 07:45 AM
i just need some girls to sit on the subs for a full test.

Burple
28th January 2004, 09:03 AM
You Daawwwwwwwwg ;)

you just need to spend a wee bit time tidying up the cabling now...
And getting that sucka secured in! Don't fancy THAT in the back o the head!!

Willie M
28th January 2004, 04:46 PM
Looks cooool KJ :cool: Look forward to hearing a blast from it in the future.

Gismo
28th January 2004, 05:35 PM
You should get yourself plenty work now, KJ's mobile disco, just turn up at a rave somewhere and open the boot :cool:

Wul
28th January 2004, 06:03 PM
Strewth! now that must make some racket!

Does it not fit in the boot with the seats up? or does that ruin the sound?

minidriver#1
28th January 2004, 06:23 PM
nah it didnt fit in the boot, so i'm gonna secure it into the back of the seats, however, i may look at a custom box for the boot and move em into there. I figure that i can use my craft and design skills to create a box that'll slot into the boot space. The box for the 15s was only marginally too big which was a pitty. Its fairly deep too, but i'm hoping that the backs of the seats will make up for the lost volume.

At the moment i dont need the back seats so we just slapped it in there, but in the future i probably will need em so it makes sense to find a way of stickin em in the boot, the amp can just go under one of the seats.

It makes a lot of noise :) hehe