PDA

View Full Version : Send email facility.

AndyP & Lenore
8th March 2007, 07:35 AM
When did this change?

It used to be that from a persons profile you clicked the "Click to send an E-Mail" link below their picture and it opened up a wee window for you to type in your message and then click send.

Now it opens up a window with another link in it which says "Click to send an E-Mail" again, and when you click this it opens up your email client and the persons email address is in the "to" field.

Not a complaint in any way. Just wondered when/why it changed.

A.:D

The Dogfather
8th March 2007, 08:13 AM
I always thought the email addresses were kept secret :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2007, 08:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I always thought the email addresses were kept secret :eek:

Me too. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, but it may bother some folk.:eightball:

A.:D

GAJ
9th March 2007, 06:17 PM
The previous system sent an email which purported to come from admin@newminiscotland.co.uk. If people replied to this email the sender did not get the reply. There are several archived threads explaining the confusion this sometimes caused.

The previous system did include the senders email address in the body of the email, so privacy has not decreased as a result of this change.

If users do not wish their email address to be disclosed, the option exists to disable the facility to allow others to send an email - it's an option within the Profile page.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.