PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about my mini!!!!

Gaz B
8th March 2007, 04:55 AM
Hi people,I have some questions regarding my mini that some of the more informed members of the site might be able to help me with. Infact probably a 2 year old will know these.What with me being a mini virgin 'n all....
Ok here goes.
1.What is the difference between a mini cooper s and a mini cooper s chili?
2.My spec sheet says that i have cd changer prep! is that just a cable run into the boot for a multi-changer?
3.What is a "smoker pack"?
4.What is the difference between "sports suspension" and "sports suspension plus"
5.Is "radio boost" a good or a bad stereo?
6.What is the current temp in mexico city?
Ok forget the last one.I'm just very,very nosy about me new mowta!
Thanks in advance folks.:D

Sweeney
8th March 2007, 05:02 AM
1) both same car basically, chilli means it has the chilli pack of extras spec'd when purchased.
2) cd changer prep is exactly that, cables etc ready and sitting waiting for you to pay for a cd changer to be fitted :p
3) smoker pack is the wee ashtray (i use it for change :p) and lighter i believe (although i could be wrong)
4) sports suspension is standard on the S i think but cooper owners can spec it as an upgrade, sports plus is just a wee bit stiffer and lower etc (sportier ;)) as far as i know, i.e an in between from sports to jcw.
5) boost is a good stereo, so is the wave. Standard sound systems in minis are decent enough.
6) http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/MXDF0132?x=0&post=post&code=code&y=0 current temp in mexico city.
:D

KenL
8th March 2007, 05:25 AM
Sports suspension was standard on the Cooper and SS plus, on the MINI, I thought?

Gaz B
8th March 2007, 05:31 AM
HaHa,cheers sweeney. Nice one!:D;):cool:

Gorbash12346
8th March 2007, 06:30 AM
1.What is the difference between a mini cooper s and a mini cooper s chili?
a different coloured dash board and a limited slip diff off the top of my head thats all i can remember for the cooper s
2.My spec sheet says that i have cd changer prep! is that just a cable run into the boot for a multi-changer? spot on sweeney their tied back with masking tape
3.What is a "smoker pack"? yep thats correct sweeney :P
4.What is the difference between "sports suspension" and "sports suspension plus" sounds about right.. never really looked into it tbh
5.Is "radio boost" a good or a bad stereo? ttheir ok not as good as anything above £80 from halfords generally
6.What is the current temp in mexico city? too bloody hot... and not enough rain.... :p

Gaz B
8th March 2007, 06:34 AM
Cheers Gorbash12346! what happened to 5?:D

Gorbash12346
10th March 2007, 07:34 AM
it's there isn't it :S lol just saying that most headunits above £80 from halfords are going to be higher spec

Gaz B
10th March 2007, 06:15 PM
HaHa.lol.Oh! the stereo! thats cool, i did'nt think it was very good myself....
I was actually talking about your username-12346! why no 5?!!!!!

rpn
10th March 2007, 06:39 PM
Coonae coont! :)

:D :D :D

Gorbash12346
11th March 2007, 12:36 AM
lol nah it always used to be 123 but then on xbox live sum1 had already taken it so i just changed them all to 12346 as i don't think ne1 else is gonna think of that version

sharpy
12th March 2007, 05:36 AM
I think that if you don't get the smokers pack, you don't get a 12v charger in the dash (which is a bind if you want to charge a portable sat nav when on the move). For this reason we went for the smokers pack

KenL
12th March 2007, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharpy

I think that if you don't get the smokers pack, you don't get a 12v charger in the dash (which is a bind if you want to charge a portable sat nav when on the move). For this reason we went for the smokers pack

No, you get the 12V socket - you don't get a fag lighter but a plastic cover over it.

You don'y get the ashtrat, which is removeable and can be used for carrying coins etc.