PDA

View Full Version : The new arrival

Willie M
25th January 2004, 01:57 AM
:D:D Picked up my new baby today and I think he's just awesome, still smiling like a big wean :D Went for a wee run along the hillfoots and then up through Gleneagles, stopping off at the Dormy House for a wee sandwich, then back along the twisties to Crieff. The very first MINI we passed (a Red/White Cooper outside Tillicoultry) waved and flashed frantically as wee passed, which was nice.

Got a bit of running in to do but loved my wee run today :cool: Carried out my first couple of modifications too (oh Alan and Julz will be proud of me :approve:) by removing the dealers sticker from the back window and fitting my bee sting ariel. NMS sticker should hopefully be attached tomorrow.

He's tucked up in the garage now with his new big sister Daisy :clown:

Got a nice wee freebie from Ian at Menzies too, a MINI pen set, and very nice it is too. Oh, and typically, Linda managed to blag herself a MINI mouse for her computer too :clown:

Say hello to the wee baby, 'Chunk' :)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Willie%20M/25137.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Willie%20M/25139.jpg

r15col
25th January 2004, 02:18 AM
Looks sweet. ;)

Can't wait to get home to see mine now as it looks very similar.

Fontal
25th January 2004, 02:24 AM
Congrats Willie He Looks Sweet

Im all jelous now I want one :)

Big Col
25th January 2004, 02:27 AM
Oooh he's a handsome lil devil Willie. Congrats. Like the name too.

Julz
25th January 2004, 02:28 AM
Oh fantastic Willie, he's lovely!! I'm sure Daisy is in love already!!! I also presume you're still grinning, either that, or you're off out cruisin', as Rob is, AGAIN!!!
(as for the pens and mouse, got them too, they're fab!!!;))

Linda M
25th January 2004, 02:38 AM
He forgot to add what a shock he got when his wonderful, fantastic, ever so cool wife PAID the balance, even Ian got a shock but I had it all planned ;) What a wife eh :kiss:

Chunk is pretty COOL even if I say so myself :I Not as COOL as Daisy though :clown: Bit miffed at him having the new steering wheel and a few extra wee things on the trip computer. He's gonna look awesome with a cool set of wheels :cool: Willie's already got all the ICE stuff, Pioneer like his sister :approve:

john-apex
25th January 2004, 03:02 AM
Chunk looks very smart Willie. No wonder your like a wee boy on Christmas day.:D

3GGG
25th January 2004, 03:28 AM
Congratulations Willie - looks bonny:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
25th January 2004, 03:33 AM
Congratulations on the new arrival Willie - looks braw!

....Unlike Falkirk today! Ooops!

seany
25th January 2004, 03:48 AM
looking good willie, see it soon.

duncan
25th January 2004, 04:03 AM
Many Congrats on the new arrival Willie.

Hope to see him in the metal soon.

sh@z
25th January 2004, 04:18 AM
superb willie, looking great :D

oh and yeah.. what a wife you have man hehe :p or u getting lined up for something :) all part of lindas plans hehe.

congrats again mate, hope the car is trouble free and chunk and daisy get along :D

KenL
25th January 2004, 04:27 AM
Looks fantastic Willie :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I've got a MINI pen set too :) My thoughtful sister-in-law bought me one and a MINI mouse mat for my b'day.

Gismo
25th January 2004, 04:42 AM
Looking good Willie :cool: a nice set of bonnet stripes and a chequered roof, some driving lights, window tints and lowering springs would be a nice start for some mods ;):evil::p

Oh and Linda, if you fancy paying off the balance of my car.....;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Col
25th January 2004, 04:42 AM
oooh I forgot about the new style wheel. Pop a pic on please Wille!

Linda M
25th January 2004, 07:19 AM
This is for all the folk who's brains are full of useless information. Where did we get the name 'CHUNK' from :question:

Gismo
25th January 2004, 07:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

This is for all the folk who's brains are full of useless information. Where did we get the name 'CHUNK' from :question:It's a term to decribe that amount of money used to pay off the balance of the car :eek: or
It's the name of one of the cars in the Italian job ;)

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 07:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

:D:D Picked up my new baby today and I think he's just awesome, still smiling like a big wean :D Went for a wee run along the hillfoots and then up through Gleneagles, stopping off at the Dormy House for a wee sandwich, then back along the twisties to Crieff. The very first MINI we passed (a Red/White Cooper outside Tillicoultry) waved and flashed frantically as wee passed, which was nice.

Got a bit of running in to do but loved my wee run today :cool: Carried out my first couple of modifications too (oh Alan and Julz will be proud of me :approve:) by removing the dealers sticker from the back window and fitting my bee sting ariel. NMS sticker should hopefully be attached tomorrow.

He's tucked up in the garage now with his new big sister Daisy :clown:

Got a nice wee freebie from Ian at Menzies too, a MINI pen set, and very nice it is too. Oh, and typically, Linda managed to blag herself a MINI mouse for her computer too :clown:

Say hello to the wee baby, 'Chunk' :)

Dude, thats sweet. Plus you got the Aerokit too! you had to get that for sure. Its the JCW too yeh? congratulations :) any mods lined up?

Linda M
25th January 2004, 07:42 AM
If that's your final answer Alan....it's WRONG :p

Big Col
25th January 2004, 07:50 AM
Wasn't Chunk the name of the fat kid in the Goonies who befriended the "Heeeeeeey youuuu Guuuuuuuys" freaky lookin' dude?

minidriver#1
25th January 2004, 07:53 AM
my post got edited :( lol.

Linda M
25th January 2004, 08:02 AM
Well done Col :approve: Great movie and it's on tomorrow :D Seeing Chunk doing the 'truffle shuffle' is magic :D:D:D

KJ, I just edited your post to save the pics loading everytime :)

Mini Martyn
25th January 2004, 08:40 AM
Willie the car looks awsome!! Cant wait to see him on the St Andrews Run!!

Have Fun now you big kid!! :D:D

Wul
25th January 2004, 08:22 PM
Willie - nice motor sir! A two JCW family - you guys gotta be in the next edition of GoMini now! :)

Jealous - nah not me! ;)

Big Col
25th January 2004, 09:02 PM
Heh heh heh. The Truffle Shuffle! Quality. :cool::D

bazza
26th January 2004, 01:05 AM
Chunk looks the Biz Willie many happy miles,if you put both Chunk and Daisy in the garage and it ends up they have a little baby"chaisy" these minis are naughty little tykes, I bags to buy it at a good price.

Bas:cool::cool:

macblob
26th January 2004, 02:04 AM
Nice one Willie, looks the business :D

monkimagic
26th January 2004, 02:35 AM
Lordy thats a nice one !!!!!!!

Wul
26th January 2004, 05:19 AM
Willie - this ones for your new pride and joy: :D

http://www.nesplayer.com/Goonies/truffleshuffle.swf

DNV122
26th January 2004, 05:25 AM
Willie,

Nice motor - are you thinking of viper stripes again ?

zimbo
26th January 2004, 06:16 AM
VERY VERY nice Willie. Well seeing as bazza has booked the 1st offspring of Daisy + Chunk I'm booking the second one now....:p:D

One BIG HAPPY FAMILY.

Willie M
26th January 2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks for all your kind comments and good wishes folks, that's soooo nice :approve::I Well done Big Col on the origin of the name ;) How spooky was that that the bloomin film was on Ch5 tonight :eek: Oh and Wul, thanks for the 'Truffle Shuffle' link :D Sooperb!!!

Well I've managed to get a meagre 75 miles on the clock over the weekend and, with the incoming snow, I think the wee baby's gonna be locked up in the garage for a few days now :disapprove:

On the mods front. I'm keeping it simple for now. Not going for the Vipers again Phil, in fact I'm planning on leaving him decal free (for now anyway). I'll get my NMS sticker on next and then it's the ICE. I've bought a Pioneer head unit (DEH-P6500R), 6-CD changer and a new set of front and rear speakers. I'm just waiting on a couple of bits arriving (ariel adaptor and another bit) and I'll get the gear installed. Will probably look for a new set of wheels in the Spring and I'm giving thought to a carbon fibre bonnet scoop. Menzies have a set of the JCW seats coming in for their new demonstrator in a month or so's time and I'm keen to have a look at them as I've never actually seen (or sat in) them in the flesh (so to speak). I'm not sure if I'll go for them or not (they're kinda pricey) but, there's no harm in looking I suppose.

Looking forward to a lot more MINI fun and adventures in 2004. Look forward to introducing Chunk to you all soon. Just don't ask him to do the 'truffle shuffle', he's a wee bit sensative ;):clown:

Wul
26th January 2004, 04:56 PM
Willie - any chances of a close up pic of that new steering wheel?

Julz
26th January 2004, 05:02 PM
I must admit Willie, I do like the carbon fibre scoop that is on the minispeed mini in the new mag this month!!;)

Burple
26th January 2004, 06:57 PM
Dude! Sweeeeet!!!!

Chunk-tastic matey!! :D:D:D
Looks damn fine all in D/S!

Now I need to get my white Works 'S'... heh :D

Willie M
26th January 2004, 09:22 PM
Here's a pic of the new steering wheel (hopefully). I've borrowed it from MINI2, not my own car. This pic shows the multifunction wheel with the assorted (playstation?) controls. The non-multifunction wheel is just plain silver where the buttons are.
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/jasonfields007/int1.jpg

KenL
26th January 2004, 09:46 PM
Do you like the new wheel then Willie? I didn't like it when I first saw it but it is growing on me.

Linda M
26th January 2004, 10:13 PM
I'm not too sure about the new wheel actually, can't make my mind up whether I like it or not :clown: Sorry darling :kiss:

Steve74
27th January 2004, 12:00 AM
Had the new type of mf wheel for a couple of weeks now and it's growing on me. The buttons are cool.

euan
27th January 2004, 12:26 AM
Willie, Love the car!

I really like the buttons on the new wheel, saw them last week and think they look very smart indeed. And I do like the Sat Nav - I wish I'd got that fitted to mine.

Big Col
27th January 2004, 03:39 AM
Hmmmm. I think I prefer the 2 spoke wheel but the three spoke is still pretty cool. Is it an option or is it the standard now?

KenL
27th January 2004, 06:12 AM
It's an option but included in the CHILLI pack for both Cooper & S. £55 option on the S if you don't get CHILLI

Willie M
27th January 2004, 04:42 PM
Before I actually saw the new wheel in the flesh, I must admit I wasn't too sure about it. However, having now sat behind it I really do like it :approve:

GAJ
27th January 2004, 07:54 PM
Car looks good Willie! I've always liked 3 spoke wheels. The 2 spoke wheel is one of my least favourite things about my car.

3GGG
27th January 2004, 08:56 PM
Where is the horn button on the new wheel? Is it in the centre or on a stalk or one of those play station type buttons? I prefer horn buttons to be easy to find, like in the centre or on a stalk, some fixed position rather than a button that moves with the wheel.

KenL
27th January 2004, 09:19 PM
In the centre - much better than daft wee buttons.

3GGG
27th January 2004, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

In the centre - much better than daft wee buttons.

Excellent! - a sensible arrangement at last. - I keep pressing either the centre or the indicator stalk on mine when I am looking for the horn, its a voice activated horn I need:clown:

Wul
28th January 2004, 12:57 AM
David - in that case just drive with the windows down! LOL! :D;)

euan
28th January 2004, 01:11 AM
What words would you choose? The choice could get interesting - my phone has a "magic word" that activates voice dialling mode without touching it, I turned it off as I got fed up with it every time I said it!

duncan
28th January 2004, 02:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

David - in that case just drive with the windows down! LOL! :D;)

Should this not be connected to Kens Air Con thread? :p

Wul
28th January 2004, 05:55 PM
Question for Linda and Willie:

Which do you like better - the glovebox and small cubby hole combo or the trtaditional style two shelve setup?

It it was me i'd like the glovebox but keep the long shelve under the steering wheel.

Willie M
29th January 2004, 04:29 PM
Personal opinion but I 've got to say I prefer the glove box arrangement. Used to end up with bits and pieces spilling all over the place in our 1st Cooper (traditional shelving layout), Mind you, that was only when I was trying to keep up with Calum on the road from Oban to Tyndrum ;)

The wee cubby hole on the drivers side isn't really that much use (IMO), quite like your idea of an open shelf on that side Wul. Perhaps you should get on to the design bods down at Oxford :)

Oh, and also prefer glovebox for security reasons. Keeps things away from 'neddish' prying eyes. Also serves as a nice wee drinks cooler if you've got air-con fitted :cool:

Julz
29th January 2004, 05:09 PM
I quite like having the two wee shelves, as it forces me to stop collecting junk, i.e. CD cases, parking tickets, sweetie wrappers etc.,;)

KenL
29th January 2004, 05:20 PM
I dinnae like that new cubby hole thingy. I'll never fit my CD case in there!

You can retro-fit the shelves on the driver's side apparantly.

Oh, I also think the cubby is there too on new cars even without the glovebox.

GAJ
29th January 2004, 10:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

... quite like your idea of an open shelf on that side Wul. Perhaps you should get on to the design bods down at Oxford :)

That's exactly what I've got in my car, a glovebox and a shelf on the drivers side.
Am I special?

Linda M
29th January 2004, 10:20 PM
I like the glove box :)

Gaj you are special and you're getting new wheels on Saturday aren't you :cool:

GAJ
30th January 2004, 02:07 AM
I am indeed getting new wheels! I was in hospital today having my kidney stones treated (ouch!):(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(: dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:dead::(:de ad: and the thought of the new wheels has fair cheered me up!:)

KenL
30th January 2004, 05:54 AM
Ouch Gaj, hope you're okey dokey now.

Is it the Guinness that did that to you?